Which of the following box mods to choose and why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerol

Jan 29, 2019
Good day! I ask your help in choosing a box-mod. Which of the following to choose and why?

For me, the main thing is reliability!

1. voopoo drag 157w
  2. Vapor Storm Puma 200W
  3. joyetech EVic Primo 200w
  4. GeekVape Blade 235 W
  5. ThinkVape Thunder 200w
  6. IJOY Captain PD1865 225w
You can vote for several mods at once!

p.s. I'm sorry, I'm from Russia, for this text may be illiterate

• Optimistic
Reactions: Izan

qwerol

Jan 29, 2019
Out of that list probably the Geekvape but I haven’t used any of them.
Not on the list that are good mods
Innokin proton
Smoant Naboo
Modefined Lyra
Vaporesso Luxe
I’d pick any of these before the ones on your list
your options are 50-100% more expensive than mine, unfortunately I am repelling the sum of about $ 35

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
your options are 50-100% more expensive than mine, unfortunately I am repelling the sum of about $ 35

Voopoo Drag is getting good reviews (I don't own one so can't vouch for it), but it's more than $35--usually somewhere between $40-50. If you can get it for $35 it would be a good choice, I think. Joyetech also makes good mods, but again, the Evic Primo costs more than $35.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Wismec Reuleaux RX Gen3 Dual with ArcticFox and NFE Tools (both are free to download from NFE Team official website). In wattage mode, you can set the Preheat Type to 'Curve', and select a power curve, that you can edit in NFE Tools by bringing up the Power Curve Editor window and upload the curve into the mod via USB cable connection.

Each power curve is a list of percentages and timings (in seconds), with a graphical representation attached in the Power Curve Editor. The mod will automatically, on-the-fly, convert these percentages to wattages (by making calculations based on the wattage that you set on the mod). This makes it extremely convenient and easy to use because, each time when you adjust the wattage on the mod, you do not need to change the power curve. So it really is genius. And it is free! :)

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Out of your list they should all function as advertised within their limitations.

The Geekvape Blade does stand out from the rest given it can accept 18650, 20700 and 21700 cells – with the larger 2x700 cells you should enjoy extended battery life. However, this makes for a larger device but given its plastic construction it is very light for its size.

The Voopoo Drag suffers from severe battery door rattle but this can be mitigated by some carefully placed electrical tape. The finish is poor – a stern look will scratch it. It’s sharp boxy forum factor does not fit well in the hand.

No comment on the others.

qwerol

Jan 29, 2019
Voopoo Drag is getting good reviews (I don't own one so can't vouch for it), but it's more than $35--usually somewhere between $40-50. If you can get it for $35 it would be a good choice, I think. Joyetech also makes good mods, but again, the Evic Primo costs more than $35.

If you choose between prima or drag, what do you think is preferable?

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
If you choose between prima or drag, what do you think is preferable?
I have the drag 2 and it nice. It’s almost identical to the regular drag but with smoother corners for a comfortable hold. It’s a good mod to use in power mode but not the greatest for temperature control. I don’t use TC mode very often but in the few times I tried to run the drag 2 in tc mode it was a very consistent vape. If you only use wattage mod anyway then the drag would be a solid pick.

Reactions: Gyrlgeorge

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
RX Gen3 Dual, unfortunately I also do not like aesthetically
I agree, it doesn't look very nice, even though I have seen uglier mods (trying to be fancy, when the reality is that they look like cheap toys). At this particular low price point, in my own personal view, the aesthetics shouldn't really matter because ArcticFox is simply that good; it makes a noticeable difference to the flavor and 'feel' of the vape, especially if using an RBA with fused clapton coils (or better).

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
I can only say that I have a couple Think Vape mods that have performed very well, and are surprisingly light for their size.

But I don’t think there are any bad mods in your lineup. You could use the search to find if anyone had anything negative to say about them, but I don’t recall reading much if any complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread