RDA Which of these RDAs would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
I know that there are countless threads where people say everything that they want, and then have people rattle off suggestions. Well, I've done a little bit of the dirty work myself, as I've narrowed down my rda choices after reading through numerous threads.

What I am looking for in my RDA, in order of importance:

1. No leaking (or next to none, if we're going to be realistic)
2. Flavor (but not too tight, harsh of a draw)
3. Designed to accommodate both single and dual coil setups, in terms of AFC (I'm a single guy...but married)
4. Appearance (obviously 101% subjective, but I still wanted to list it)
4. Clouds (I do enjoy seeing my vapor, but obnoxious clouds do not do me any favors at work or in public)

I've been running my new Dark Horse for the last few days, and if you're familiar with this RDA, you can understand where my above list came from - as the Dark Horse essentially reverses my list in terms of its priorities. I can't seem to enjoy it anywhere but at home, where I can just leave it on my table. I'm a stealth vaper in public, so my mod is often in my pocket - the Dark Horse has a considerable leaking issue, and I'm sick of getting juice everywhere inside my pockets and all over my brand new VaporShark. It is really my only complaint about it, actually.

After Googling all morning, and reading through various ECF threads, I've narrowed down the hunt for a new RDA to a few models that SEEM to focus more on the things I am looking for. I am posting here in hopes that a few people who have experience with some/all of these can guide me toward the right choice based on my criteria. And of course, if you can think of any I haven't listed, more suggestions would be appreciated. Here are my potentials:

- Odin
- Plume Veil (if I cover up the bottom air holes)
- Rogue

**I know the Veritas is the popular choice for the best leak-proof option, but I'm not yet interested in venturing into the world of vertical coils.**

​TIA

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Last edited:

Insomaniac10

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2012
Boston
you can do horizontal coils with the veritas and the marquis. the flavor isn't the best but if you want a virtually leak proof RDA, that's the way to go

any other RDA will leak if over filled or laid on it's side. nature of the beat

I know. It's very frustrating because I think dripping is best all-around vaping experience. I fully expect leaking in the scenarios you mentioned. However, what I don't expect is leaking to happen with my mod in my pocket, no matter what. The condensation from the AFC ring always ultimately finds its way out, at which point carrying my mod around in my pocket makes for a very stressful, uncomfortable experience. I keep my hand in my pocket with it to try and keep it upright and away from the fabric. It sucks when I'm at work, and every time I go out into the hall for a vape, I come back to my desk and have to wipe down my mod and my hands - all while having to live with the idea that my pockets get more saturated with juice each time.

EDIT: I know that someone is eventually going to come along and say "RDAs aren't for you then". They are for me, because one thing i did not put on my list is "discretion". I've been trying to cut down the physical size of my vaping setup, to make it more friendly out in public. The small-form factor of RDAs make them my best option to achieve this.

Last edited:

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
Out of your choices there I would go with the Odin, it is fairly leak proof as long as you do not over drip or put it in your pocket filled. It also produces some outstanding flavor. I really like mine, all three of them. Build options and airflow control that works really well.

The rogue is a terrible piece, looks cool, pretty much leak free as long as you do not turn it upside down, but sucks for flavor and the AFC is wonky.

I personally am not a fan of the Plume Veil, some are though. I found it to be very "seepy"

There are other leak resistant atomizers out there without going the route of the Veritas or Marquis.

Viking from Fight Club Mods is leak proof unless you over drip. Viking V2 just released yesterday, has better airflow options.
Hermes V2 if you can find one.
Yaeliq RDA, available from his site.

The above three (4) are also very flavorful atomizers.

Titanium Mods has a couple of very leak resistant RDAs, I hesitate to recommend them though. I went in on his Eclipse and it arrived with a badly threaded 510, he offered to take a look if I sent it back but really did not want to mail it back to the Ukraine and wait another 3 to 5 weeks for a replacement. I just tossed it and marked it up to lesson learned to never order from them again.

Edit: I am also very much in love with my Derringer, they are in stock several places right now, small, flavorful, dual or single coil, afc, does not leak unless you over drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread