Which of these RTA tanks is better for beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asmani

May 18, 2018
Iran
I live in Iran and I have access to these RTA tanks. My mod is vaporesso Target Pro. I want to know which of the following tanks has more advantages and is easier to work with for beginners:

Vaporesso Gemini
upload_2018-6-14_12-3-46.png

Blitzen
upload_2018-6-14_12-36-48.png

Exo xl tank
upload_2018-6-14_12-38-7.png

Ammit 25
upload_2018-6-14_12-41-38.png

Tornado RDTA
upload_2018-6-14_12-42-54.png

I'm thinking about Vaporesso Gemini, because it's the same brand as my mod and it's somewhat cheaper.

Reactions: stols001

benley73

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2016
I live in Iran and I have access to these RTA tanks. My mod is Vaporesso Target Pro. I want to know which of the following tanks has more advantages and is easier to work with for beginners:

Vaporesso Gemini
View attachment 748345

Blitzen
View attachment 748365

Exo xl tank
View attachment 748367

Ammit 25
View attachment 748371

Tornado RDTA
View attachment 748373

I'm thinking about Vaporesso Gemini, because it's the same brand as my mod and it's somewhat cheaper.
Exo had some problems , the ijoy tornado can be tricky but does give a good vape but most said it dumps juice,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
The Blitzen and the IJoy tanks can be quite tricky to build on and lack a juice flow control. So although they can be very good performers, I wouldn't recommend them for beginners.

The Gemini has a proven design with juice flow control, which may prevent leaking, and is quite easy to build and wick. It performs quite well, but to todays standards it's a bit outdated.
Nevertheless a viable beginners' option.

The Ammit 25 has JFC as well and is a single coiler. That's two advantages for a beginner, because there's one source of trouble less compared to a dual coiler. The overall performance is quite good, so I'd say this is the best startingpoint for a beginner from all of the RTAs at hand.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would 100% agree on starting with a single coil deck. You don't have to do everything twice, you don't have to build to higher ohms as resistance is halved with a dual deck. You don't have to worry about your coils being (as close as you can get) to twins, and mount them in exactly the same way, you can experiment with different builds more easily and etc.

You may find you gravitate to dual coils down the line and that's fantastic. But there are many advantages to starting with a single coil deck, quite honestly. I haven't vaped any of those tanks, and I find the "advantages" of single coil decks perhaps more important as I have a fine motor tremor.... But even without one, I built my first deck that was dual coil (on the diagonal) but it was tiny, it was hard to wick, it was a lot of things. I was really happy to build on my first single coil deck and it went SO much more easily.

Best of luck with whatever you decide, though. :)

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I think of the above the ammit would be a good choice except it's a bit touchy to get it to wick without leaking. RTAs in general are just like that. It’s very important to have the right volume and length of wick, and there isn’t a lot of margin for error. Whichever one you choose watch some wicking videos. They will help

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Might also be worth looking at the Wotofo Serpent SMM, single coil and even easier to get right than the Ammit 25 which I also have. I've gone through loads of dual coil tanks, especially RDAs, and find that I just don't need the volume of vape that they produce and they really do rip through batteries and juice, especially with fancy coils!! Some I find are a REAL PITA to get right and maintain (in terms of keeping the flavour going), maybe I'm just too lazy, but with single coils providing what they do today, my dual coils are boxed up, might even be sold off.

Out of the two I'd say the Serpent SMM pips the Ammit 25 on build ease and especially flavour, but it's close. Aside from the single coil Recurve RDA I'd say the Serpent is the easiest deck I've built on. The Ammit isn't hard but it's a bit trickier on wicking IMO, you def want to thin the wicks and not cram the wells with it. I find the Sepent better than the Ammit with creamy juices as well.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
From what user comments I've read I would choose the Ammit 25. From what I use I would recommend the OBS Crius 2 single coil; easy deck to build, short learning curve to wick, flavor is very good, and af is smooth. If the the new OBS Engine II (dual coil) is available to you it is an excellent rta; deck is a bit of a pita the first coil but not bad once you get the hang of it, very forgiving wicking, great af and flavor.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
+1 for OBS Crius II

Easy peasy, no drama, no leakies RTA

The easy clamp deck is ridiculously easy to build and removes the biggest pain in the .... of most current tanks...most manufacturers seem to think everyone uses thick bloody Clapton wired coils..end result most modern tanks are a pain to trap wires in if you're boring like me and use simple single wire single coils...even the Serpent SMM I own is fiddly at times, and it's better than most...

Second best tank Ive ever owned, and may be on its way to number 1 spot...

I've owned plenty of the worst. .

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

eMado

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2017
Tehran
In my opinion, Ammit 25 and Blitzen are much better choices than other on your list. Ammit 25 is single coil setup and you can use Blitzen in single coil mode too. Blitzen is more leak proof than Ammit, and Ammit series known for delivering best flavor.
I use Serpent SMM and Themis. If you can find Serpent SMM, it's very easy to build and very forgiven on wicking. Same as Themis (top airflow and leak proof) but Themis is a new product and I don't think you can find it in Iran.

Last edited:

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
If you do decide on the Ammit 25 I'm confident you'll like it. Never had a leak on it either, leaking is down to wicking problems without doubt (unless someone gets a faulty one). I find it better not to over-stuff the coils on this and the wicks are also better thinned out, not crammed tight into the wells and again, not over stuffed with cotton doubling up. The wicks need to just cover up the juice flow holes, not block them up tight. The airflow is good on it too and it's not whistly. I find it almost as good as several of the RDAs I've tried, and much more convenient! I still keep it in rotation but find I use the Serpent SMM a bit more, seems to cope with creams and delicate fruits better, no idea why, it just does, and that's trying duplicate builds across both at same wattage / juice etc.

I find the Ammit doesn't do too well with cream juices or the more delicate fruit flavours like banana, regardless of the build, very muted. With the stronger flavours like mango / blackcurrant it delivers a lot of flavour. I've also had variable results with fancy coils in it. One of the best builds I have with it for heavier / sweeter juices (that can gunk up coils and wicks easily) is 22 ga, SS316, 5-6 wraps (contact), around 0.25Ω. This build I find stays very clean for ages, good with both contact and spaced. Of the fancy coils I quite like a flat clapton, Ni80 4*28+40, clean burning and don't clog easily, wasn't impressed using aliens in it or some of the uber fancy coils, not needed IMO. All of this is personal preference of course. As with any RTA (and even RDAs), expect to put a tank through it before the flavour really comes out and don't be tempted to ramp the wattage up too high chasing flavour until the wick has settled in.

Of the tanks I've got and tried (a buddy of mine is a collector of this gear I think!!), around 50, I only keep four in rotation: Ammit 25, Serpent SMM (both RTAs), Recurve and Nudge 22 (both RDAs) and all single coil bliss!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread