which one? 510 tanks or dual/triple coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyrat

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
Beaver Falls, PA
I had been using the 510 regular attys for nearly 2 years, and I liked them well enough, but some of my juice would burn on them. So I recently decided to try the 510 tanks, and it solved the problem, but they're 10 bucks A PIECE... kinda pricey. I just saw on the totally wicked site that they offer dual and now TRIPLE coil attys at a price that's a fraction of the tank attys.

So, why are the so cheap in comparison? Do they work as well? Are they not as easily refillable or something?? Is the vapor as good or worse? Some insight would be greatly appreciated on the various differences between the 510 tanks, the 510 dual coil carts and the 510 triple coil carts.

Thanks in advance!!!:laugh:

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
Are you referring to the 510-T? Why are you paying so much?

5 x 510-T $24.99: https://www.greenhouseone.com/Regular-510-T-Atomizers-Pack-of-5-p/reg510t.htm

Till 10/8 add 10% off!: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/greenhouse-one/227462-10-off-sale-greenhouse-one.html

Same price for LR. That's less than $5 per atty.

If you don't want to buy 5 at a time, Healthcabin has them for $6 each: https://www.healthcabin.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1068&products_id=7695. They always have a 5% off coupon for ECF and they are doing a 10-30% of sale right now.

GH1 is one of the cheapest, but no where I buy from are 510-T anywhere close to $10 per atty. You're being ripped off, I am sorry to say.

The dual coil cartos (I think you have that wrong, dual coil attys are brand new and no one has a triple coil atty yet) are disposable and they also use polyfill, which is why they are cheaper. Mine usually last me about 2 weeks. The polyfil sometimes gives me scratchy throat, but they are the easiest to travel with (no visible liquid). Also keep in mind, you really need some voltage to run these. Stock batteries don't really cut it. At least 3.7v, just to run it (not necessarily well), on the dual coils IMO (stock Joye Ego batteries do ~3.2v).

I have a 510-T I got from healthcabin that has been working for 2 months now and I have never cleaned it (I think its a bad idea to clean tank attys). The draw is getting bit tight but I still use it, at slightly higher voltages, for cinnamon and menthol flavors.

Last edited:

jkoppk

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
hanover,PA.
The carts are cheaper because they can only be refilled so many times until they go bad,and are considered disposable.If you like using a 510 tank why not get a larger tank that uses dual coil cartos?The cartos last a lot longer when used in a tank because they never go dry and they give great flavor and vapor.This is the one I got and I love it,my attys just sit in a box now.

M1A1 Buzz Tank - notcigs.com

Tonyrat

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2009
Beaver Falls, PA
YEAH!! Finally got access to this thread... woot!

vocr... OK, thanks for the info on GH1 I'll buy from them in the future... price is paramount really. (As long as they're reliable, I've never heard of them before.) $10 seems wicked steep to me. So TY!!!

However, re: your comment about triple coils... Totally Wicked does actually have a triple coil 510 cartomizer.

jkoppk... that buzz tank looks cool, but it's not quite the kinda thing that fits unseen in a small pocket, like a shirt pocket. That's why I've stuck with the 510 and not went with something monstrous - though I imagine you'd get WAY better vape and battery life out of one of those fun looking giant ones.

vocr

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Manila, RP
YEAH!! Finally got access to this thread... woot!

vocr... OK, thanks for the info on GH1 I'll buy from them in the future... price is paramount really. (As long as they're reliable, I've never heard of them before.) $10 seems wicked steep to me. So TY!!!

Totally agree. $10 for a mass produced atty is over priced. GH1 is in China so shipping times are slower, but they are very reliable. They are an ECF vendor and have their own forum in the vendor section here. I do believe there are US based vendors who are more expensive but not $10 per atty expensive.

However, re: your comment about triple coils... Totally Wicked does actually have a triple coil 510 cartomizer.

Right, that is a carto, not an atty. Your original post refered to them as attys. :) I clarified because there are actually dual coil attys now (but no triple coils). There's a dual coil ego-t atty and a dual coil 510 atty. I do use both dual and triple coil cartos, but, for what its worth IMO, without voltage to drive them they are a waste of money. If you have a variable voltage mod or high voltage mod then they are worth it if you an take the pollyfill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread