Which option should I use on the Smok Procolor for my coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Hello,
I am using a smok Procolor mod with a joyetech Cubis Pro atomizer and a 0.25 Cubis coil. When I put the atomizer on the mod it worked right away on the "W" option, however I see that the mod has an SS (stainless steel) option, and I know that these coils are stainless steel. I haven't tinkered with it, as I'm afraid to break the coil, but should I be using that option instead?
I've uploaded a photo of the options, as well.

Thanks beforehand for any responses.

Attachments

• PicsArt_01-11-03.18.54.jpg
    PicsArt_01-11-03.18.54.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 40
  • PicsArt_01-11-03.18.54.jpg
    PicsArt_01-11-03.18.54.jpg
    419.6 KB · Views: 40

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Vaping SS in temp mode won't harm the coil. You may have a bit of a time getting your wattage and temp dialed in to your liking (this is pretty normal) but if anything, like others have said, it may extend coil life slightly as it keeps it at a pretty consistent temp during the vaping process. There is absolutely no reason not to try it and you may find you prefer the vape. If you don't, it's also totally fine to vape SS in wattage mode, so just play around with it and see what you think.

Best of luck, (and yes, you need the temperature values for SS, which is I think the most used coil for TC at the moment, although some folks will use ceramic, nickel or titanium (the last two can be tricky and you MUST vape them in TC mode).

Good luck and have fun.

Anna

PentiumIIIBaby

Oct 29, 2017
I don't know!
Vaping SS in temp mode won't harm the coil. You may have a bit of a time getting your wattage and temp dialed in to your liking (this is pretty normal) but if anything, like others have said, it may extend coil life slightly as it keeps it at a pretty consistent temp during the vaping process. There is absolutely no reason not to try it and you may find you prefer the vape. If you don't, it's also totally fine to vape SS in wattage mode, so just play around with it and see what you think.

Best of luck, (and yes, you need the temperature values for SS, which is I think the most used coil for TC at the moment, although some folks will use ceramic, nickel or titanium (the last two can be tricky and you MUST vape them in TC mode).

Good luck and have fun.

Anna

Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this, I appreciate it. I'll stick to wattage mode for now, but if it kills my coils fast I'll try and play around with temperatures etc, I just wanted to be sure that it's fine.
Thanks again and have a great day.

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
If the coil is SS then there is no problem using either TC or Wattage mod. Which ever you like.

SS, TI or Nickle can be used in TC mode
SS can be used in either TC or wattage
TI or Nickel should only be used in TC
Kanthal will only work in Wattage
Nichrome will only work in Wattage

Look on the coil. If has a Wattage range on the coil. It is probably only usable for Wattage

• Informative
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread