Which pod systems allow you to add your own e-liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I have only tried the von erl, Cora and Rock pod systems, and I ended up stuck on the Rock, bought 6 of them figuring they would not last, still using the first one I got over a year ago, 4 are still in the box unopened. Figured out how to rebuild the pods (new coil & wick). Here is the link to my thread. (how to rebuild pods & link to get one for $9.99 about 1/2 way through thread)

The Rock by Boulder

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
I have a Kandypens Feather on order. It looked good (nice looking, small, refillable), and I couldn't find any criticisms anywhere (though it's not one that's in vogue yet, so that's not necessarily meaningful.)
I did email Kandypens with the question if I could use my normal 50/50 12mg non-salt juices with it. They said that using non-salt juices can result in spitback (and understand that they don't make/sell juices, so they don't have a vested interest in the liquids.)
BTW @Baditude good idea for starting this thread.

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
I have used Rofvape Warlock Peas, Suorin Air, and Envii Fitt (they sell both pre-filled and empty, refillable cartridges). I bought my sister a Wismec Motiv Pod for Christmas, which is a 4ml pod and sub-ohm for DL. There a bunch of others - Sigelei Compak, Suorin Drop, and others listed above.

Jay H.

Unresolved Status
Feb 20, 2018
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
I have used three that are refillable:

myJET
iCare Mini
Boulder Rock

I like the myJET best for mimicking a cigarette, then the iCare, and the Rock last, only because it's a bit airy and if I use a pod-mod it's because I want a cig-a-like experience. It's cheap and works pretty well, just prefer a tighter draw.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The Joyetech Penguin SE and the Dolphin are only refillable.

Just bought my second Penguin SE from VapeSourceing for around $25.00 delivered.

Lightweight, Battery lasts for 2 days, liquid for around 4 days. Voluminous vapor and Attys ranging from .25 to 1.2 ohms. After vaping on it for a week couldn't bear the weight of my regular unit and bought another to rotate.

Also recharges using 2.0 and Pbusardo recorded it at 1.7 which is plenty fast. I think it took less than an hour from 3 bar to full.

Very impressed with it. Definitely a contender.

VincentV

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2017
www.vaporl.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Supplier discussing business in unauthorized area

Dandelion Puffball

Apr 3, 2018
Pennsylvania
The Suorin Air and Suorin Drop both use empty, refillable cartridges that you can put whatever you want in. I really like them both. The Air has a looser draw than the Drop, while the Drop produces a bit more vapor. I haven't had any real issues with either one, and none of the DOA pods some reviewers online talked about. The Drop pods have been lasting me at least 15 refills before they start to lose power or get a funny taste that won't go away, which seems like a good run for a $3.95 pod. I haven't had an Air pod die on me yet, so I'm guessing they'll have about as long a lifespan. I'd certainly recommend either one, though they're the only two I've tried so far. The Drop is really good about working with whatever juice I throw in it, even ones that are very far from what's officially recommended by Suorin.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    The aspire gusto mini isn’t that great.Its just a bit smaller than Pico pods are not refillable as advertised on reviews so I’m sending mine back.
    No flavor at all and it’s more like the first vape pens which are giveaways.
    A salt pod is probably what I’m looking for but after using a lil 16 not many symptoms will get close to flavor in such a small atomizer.
    Put a lil 16 in a tiny battery find a way for juice to flow to cotton then there’s something to look forward too.
    It’s just more disposable overpriced junk is my opinion of aspire gusto mini.
    Harsh,no flavor,poor vapor production and a waste of time and money.
    It’s old technology just in a different package.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I’m still considering Vapeccino Mate1 but with V3 now on thier website and X3,who knows what it’ll be,they have my attention.
    I think Mate1 is worth a try and is at least a move forward.
    Refillable pods but coils and wicks I cannot find anything online.
    There are reviews of people holding a coil but that doesn’t mean it’s replaceable.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    Got a Vapeccino Mate1 recently. Basically a Juul that is designed to be refilled. Came with one MTL pod, which has held up for over a week so far of constant use. It'll be interesting to see if the DTL pods perform as well.
    Good to hear you like it and thanks for posting.
    I’m very curious if the coil comes out or is replaceable and/or if can be rewicked with new cotton or choice of user.
    I’ve read many like the DL pod better and looking forward to your opinion after you try DL.

spaceman84

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 17, 2013
    North Carolina
    I still prefer the Aspire Breeze to the Mate1. Direct to Lung pods are an improvement over the MTL pods, but the first one I tried doesn't seem to be lasting very long. Flavors are going south after only a couple days. So much for gold coil technology. The finish on the Mate1 is also quite thin and not durable. The paint scratches very easily and the metal underneath is showing through after a week or two. Probably going to try the Suorin iShare and the new Vaporesso all in one Breeze/iCare style device next.

Robbert

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Aug 1, 2016
    I’ve just started looking at Pods and the Gusto Mini although I feel deceived by both Halo and Aspire,reviews say refillable but they are not,so I’m returning them for they were to be gifts and vaporer they were for wanted refillable pods
    I may keep one for myself and try removing a tiny plug designed to break and make a plug myself.
    Pros they are light enough to carry in shirt pocket but not feel like a Pico or 18650 mod.
    Vape production good for what it is,flavor poor.
    It works for driving because vaping with my Pico squeeze and I can’t see if windows are not cracked.
    Manual fire button good,battery life surprisingly good or better than expected.
    To help me quit on the go,driving,in field,or during work,I give the Gusto Mini 10 out of 10,10 being best.
    I’ll take a look at breeze and I’d like to try Halo tobacco flavors with esalts at around 40mg.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread