Which RTA tank is the best for beginners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Asmani , that's one of my favorite RTAs. It's kind of a love it or hate it deal on the flavor. I am in the former camp.

Wash it thoroughly when you get it. Some of mine came liberally coated with machine oil which isn't the greatest taste, I'd imagine. I mean wash all new tanks, obviously but wash this one with ENTHUSIASM. LOL.

Good luck, hope you enjoy it :)

Anna

Mysteron

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2018
Land of Smiles
Looks great, can't comment on the flavour as I've never tried one. I do like the quality of Digiflavour / Geek Vape (essentially the same company) products. I guess build wise you'd just need to be careful of the wick traps to get it right, not stuff too much wick in them and most importantly, back turn the tank before twisting in the right direction to make sure you have no wick strands trapped in the threads, this goes for any wick-trap (GTA) deck. Always surprised how many reviewers don't mention this simple step to make doubly sure you don't end up with a trapped wick which can lead to cross-threading. With just about any atty there's always something (generally) you need to be careful of build wise, looks better to build than the Berserker though, and esp the Berserker Mini which is very tight.

Build wise and to max out on flavour, IMO you'd probably want to keep builds around the 1 - 1.3 ohm mark, down to say 0.7 if you need (you don't really want to start sticking sub-ohm builds in tanks like these and there's really no need for fancy alien / clapton coils at all), and in my experience ensure the coil you build covers all three air holes (8-10 wraps). 24 ga Kanthal with 10 wraps, 3mm ID would come out around 0.95 ohm, 26 ga would be 1.5 ohm. Stols001 obviously has one so could doubtless add more build wise, I'm just looking at the design. If you want to try the, for some, cleaner tasting coils I'd use NiCr 80 on this, not SS, it'd be hard to keep the ohms up using SS unless using SS 28 ga which I don't like building with, too flimsy. Small MTL RTAs I'd always try to shoot for 1 ohm builds though, regardless, OK 0.75 or so at a push, but try to keep the build high and you'd def need to cover all the air-holes as you don't get flavours from air rushing round the end of a coil, it needs to hit it. I saw a review of this ages ago where a reviewer said the flavour was so so and he'd stuck in a small 5-6 wrap build, what did he expect? Bizarre.

Anyway, great choice, enjoy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread