Which starter kit to buy! (UK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveUK

Oct 25, 2008
Hi,

Ive been having a read around and have got to the stage where I want to purchase a starter kit, however the only problem is I have no idea on which one to purchase!

Can anyone point me in the right direction of a good starter kit in the UK and also any extras I would need to purchase?

Ive found plenty of sites selling starter kits, but most dont state which model the e-cig is and I know from reading around some are of poor quality!

Any help in getting me started would be really appreciated!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
If you buy your kit from Smokester at ecigs.co.uk and tell him that you're from this forum on the Paypal payment page he will send you some extra cartridges.

Buy some eliquid and refill your cartridges. Just drip a couple of drops onto the filler when it gets a bit dry. A single cartridge can last you days that way and even longer if you rinse the filler in water, dry and reuse it.

Refills and cartridges are the same thing. You don't need loads if you buy eliquid.

Nosmo King

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Hi Dave, and welcome to the font of knowledge that is the forum. I'm fairly new to this myself, but after doing some research, I took the plunge :cry:, and was pleasantly surprised :thumb:. I can only advise on my own experiences, but I can highly recommend the 'electronic cigarette company' which is UK based. I would suggest starting with the DSE 901 mini, it comes in white, black or pink, I chose the black mainly because it doesn't resemble a normal cig, and I wanted to use it mainly to enjoy my nicotine fix while having a pint, and it does get kind of cold up here to stand around outside like a naughty schoolboy to have a puff :mad: !
You can buy a starter kit from the above company for £40, which includes a spare battery and a few trial cartridges plus of course the UK mains charger. I went for the slightly more expensive full kit ( just under £60 IIRC ). I would also recommend getting some refillable cartridges, and some juice for topping up with, also available from the same site ( 'totally wiked' :thumb: ). I got mine through within 2 days !
While waiting for the postman, have a look at the top of the new members forum and go through the instructional videos by ' Rat in da hat', very informative and full of hints and tips. E-smoking or vaping, can seem a little strange at first, but you will soon get the hang of it, just like changing your normal brand really.
Happy vaping
regs
Nosmo King

DaveUK

Oct 25, 2008
Thanks for the warm welcome and all your advice, its really appreciated.

Is there much difference between the minis on the sites Kate posted, as on one of the sites its £6 cheaper.

I cant post the links as I dont have a high enough post count yet, but its the "White Mini E-Cig starter kit" at TheElectronicCigarette @ £36.99 and the "White mini e-cigaratte" at e-cigs for £30.

Each starter kit comes with a set of cartridges, Im guessing all I need to order as extra is some liquid and its just a simple of case of re-filling once they are empty?

seadevil

Oct 13, 2008
Cambridge - UK
I just wanted to add my two pennies worth. I, after spending a week watching all the excellent videos and reading, reading and reading some more, settled on the Black 901 from a UK seller. I bought extra batteries, atomizers and extra cartridges and some juice and spent over seventy pounds. Everything arrived very quickly and my e smoking experience started.

To be honest it has not all been plain sailing. The first couple of days were great although it's a different tasted to the real thing! The first atomizer died on day 5 and one of the batteries is very weak already! Just over a week on I now have just received a Janty Extended Classic Kissbox. All I can say is WOW!! It cost me not too much more than the 901 kit. Janty send me loads of extra cartridges and everything works just perfectly so far. The biggest difference for me is that the 901 was always harsh to me, whatever juice I used. The throat hit pretty hit and miss too. The Janty is soo smooth!!!!! The draw is perfectection and the hit always consistant. Even with the same bottles of juice that I'd used in my 901, everything just tastes soo much better. I have three atomisers and all taste the same in the 901.

My point is that for me I wish now I had spent my money on the Janty first (as we all know how expensive this hobby can be). Still the 901 is great for going out with but nearly ruined the e smoking experience for me in the first week!

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
My point is that for me I wish now I had spent my money on the Janty first (as we all know how expensive this hobby can be). Still the 901 is great for going out with but nearly ruined the e smoking experience for me in the first week!

I second that... my first e-cig was a reasonably priced generic dse901 which after the first week of fairly minimal use just wasn't as good as when it first came out of the box. Don't get me wrong, when it worked, it was superb, but the disappointment after only a week had me reaching for the analogues!

Anyway, it may well have been faulty and to be fair I was offered a replacement atomiser, but opted for the full refund.... That's the good news if your not happy there is normally at least a 30 day return on these devices. Janty offers 6 months on atomisers & switches and 3 months on batteries which is pretty good for peace of mind.

So the choice is either a Janty with long guarantees and great customer service or for the same money you could afford a couple of dse901's plus extras and still have 30 days (check individual suppliers) if your not happy.

mmmm... decisions, decisions :confused:

DaveUK

Oct 25, 2008
The Janty Kissbox Classic is highly thought of by many people on the forum (it's nearly neck and neck with the 901 for popularity).

Thanks Kate.

Ive had a look and think im going to go for the 901 from TheElectronicCigarette Company. Im going to order the full starter pack for £57 tomorrow.

Fingers crossed ive made the right choice!

BadSeed

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2008
Arbroath, UK
That's where I got my DSE901 from. I went for the cheaper starter pack, although since then I've spent more money on spares, liquid, etc. My initial costs are just about done now though. Just need a USB charger so I can charge batteries at work. :)

Anyway, I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever with the cig. It's a lovely bit of kit, and is getting a lot of people interested. I'm passing on links to here and the UK suppliers on to people.

Last edited:

dazzer1975

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Rochdale...sadly.
imo if you are a reasonably heavy smoker and you are looking to replace your smoking with an e cig then you really do need a pen style e cig at the very least to provide you with the amount of battery power, vapour and liquid capacity.

Obviously depends on what your looking for, but the pen style is far and away my favourite so far simply because it provides me with longer maintenance free e smoking than the super mini or mini does and I am always guaranteed to get a good thick hit of vapour with it.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom

MrFog

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
Midlands UK
Well its payday on Friday so I may just take the plunge and order a pen style from e-cigs. This looks the same as the janty classic, is it ? My mini is now becoming a little tiresome to drag on and I find myself covering the hole to get a better hit when it does not feel like playing along. I've heard a lot of praise for the pen style. What I am after is a consistent easy draw with loads of vapor and throat hits. Is there anything else I should be considering ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread