Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Does a Genesis style tank use more or less juice than a Kayfun style tank?

For background I vape on a kicked Mech with a Kayfun @8-10watts. Using 4-6ml a day. Thinking about getting another tank, considering a genesis style. Juice consumption not a deal beaker. Just a curiosity......

The amount of juice used is directly proportional to the watts.
10 watts will burn up juice twice as fast as 5 watts. Doesn't matter the tank.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The amount of juice used is directly proportional to the watts.
10 watts will burn up juice twice as fast as 5 watts. Doesn't matter the tank.

Well for the sake of discussion. I will stipulate that I do 99% of my vaping at 8-10watts. The only time I vape above 10watts, is with my dripper, and I rarely use it.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Different devices LEND themselves to be more or less consumptive, but it's driven by a lot of variables - the power, but also the build, wick, and airflow...

I mean, you could build a kayfun with a single 2 ohm coil, tight airflow and tight wicking, and sip juice very conservatively. Or you could build it with a 0.25 ohm dual, open wide, and suck through a tank in half an hour.

I'm not familiar with Genny's...but it seems to me that not many of them added bigger airflow like newer kayfun variants did - so they're probably in general not going to be guzzlers. But basically, your juice consumption is going to be driven more by your build/vape preference - are you low resistance/big clouds? It's gonna use a lot of juice!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I could also challenge a corvette to a drag race with my JEEP..... Let assume for this discussion, that the Genesis tank will be used in such a manner to produce vapor and flavor at least equivalent to the 2.05 ohm coil at 9watts I am vaping right now with my Kayfun.. IF I set-up a Genesis the same way (prodction wise) would it use more or less juice?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I think it's fairly safe to say that- the amount of VAPOR is proportionate to the amount of JUICE used. So many variables with Tanks- coil, ohms, wattage and wick etc.

That's why I am trying to get this question answered in a manner based on EVERYTHING being EQUAL except the atty itself. For this argument POWER and vapor output (flavor or clouds) is NOT a FACTOR.

IF ONE HAD TO GO INTO CONSERVATION MODE FOR A FEW DAYS. What Topper would you mount the RTA or Gene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread