Which Tank Should I try First?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
The problem is, the TFV4 kit I received only comes with the triple coil setup, but I think I'll go ahead and give it a try. I went ahead and tried the Triton. This thing rocks...my only complaint being that the fill holes are small...I've already managed to get liquid down the center hole by accident...blegh...

Reactions: SomeTexan

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
i have both - in my opinion, even with the triple coil, the tfv4 'smokes' the triton (pun intended)...don't get me wrong, triton is a decent well-built tank... but the tfv4 is a much superior beast for me, thus far- have quad coils on the way, looking forward to rocking em

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Alright, So I've got the Triton loaded with Epic Clouds Mom's Pineapple Cake, and I think I'll go ahead and load the TFV4 with triple coil with this Cartomator Crush I've got and see how that goes.
The Mom's Pineapple Cake seems to taste best to me at 45-60w in the Triton so far. I haven't tried it in the TFV4.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Odd, my experience with the tfv4 was quite the opposite, ranks up there in the top 10 worst vape related thing Ive ever spent money on, I wouldn't even give it away.
Reminded me of a poor clone of a smowell hatrick.
It went directly in the recycle bin and I chocked it up as another one of those latest greatest delivery device flops.
Guess it just wasn't for me, goes to show just how unique each individuals preferences are.

Didn't mean to sound so negative, I sincerely hope you like it.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Odd, my experience with the tfv4 was quite the opposite, ranks up there in the top 10 worst vape related thing Ive ever spent money on, I wouldn't even give it away.
Reminded me of a poor clone of a smowell hatrick.
It went directly in the recycle bin and I chocked it up as another one of those latest greatest delivery device flops.
Guess it just wasn't for me, goes to show just how unique each individuals preferences are.

Didn't mean to sound so negative, I sincerely hope you like it.
no worries - i was chuckling when i saw the hattrick - i thought it looked like a wonky knockoff of the tfv4

all good :) bottom line is that as long as your gear works for you, all is well

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Just tried the TFV4...Amazeballs! It's like a whole nother world from the Triton.

The Triton build quality is a little better than the Smok, but the Smok is a beast!

The triple coil that comes with the Smok can easily handle ranges far higher than the Triton. Granted, I've only got the .4ohm coil in the Triton, While the TFV4's triple coil is .2ohm.
Around 70 watts, the Triton starts to get pretty hot, meanwhile I've got the TFV4 maxed out at 100watts on my 100w Plus, and it feels like it can go much higher.

I'm kinda wishing I'd gone with the Sigelei 150w, just to see how high I can push this Smok tank, but 100w is just fine for me. I'm not getting the massive clouds I was able to get from my .15ohm dripper, but it's still quite impressive, and much better than dealing with the messiness of a dripper.

SomeTexan

Moved On
Jun 1, 2015
Prime a Triton head, fill tank,, vape.
Tomorrow return the smok.
I would say the exact opposite. Use the Smok and return or trash the Aspire. Aspire lost my respect on another site where they rewarded a cheater in a giveaway. One post only was the rule, but the winner posted 3 times. Even after several people brought it up, they still rewarded a cheat. Plus, I love my TCT and my GDC is way better than the Nautilus.

Reactions: Trypno

Trypno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
That TFV4 looks sweet... Ackkk! Shinyitis is getting strong, I refuse to succumb, no no no!:hubba:

The coil heads on this thing are MASSIVE! I'm not sure if the diameter of the TFV4 is actually larger than the Triton, but the TFV4 definitely looks and feels meatier than the Triton

Also, I managed to snag both of these tanks as on sale preorders for about $25 a piece, the Triton came from Efun and the TFV4 came from Cigabuy

Michigan Chucker

Aug 11, 2015
Michigan
The coil heads on this thing are MASSIVE! I'm not sure if the diameter of the TFV4 is actually larger than the Triton, but the TFV4 definitely looks and feels meatier than the Triton

Also, I managed to snag both of these tanks as on sale preorders for about $25 a piece, the Triton came from Efun and the TFV4 came from Cigabuy
Link? Lol I tried the tfv4 at local shop. Says went be in for two weeks. And will be around $40

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread