Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Hello, I have been looking into buying a TC Mod, preferably one that takes 18650's and not a built in battery. Theres a lot coming out since I've started looking. At first I was looking at the IPV4 then I saw the iPV3-Li (reviews shows the screen falling out) Plus theres these:

IPV4

IPV3-Li

iPV D2 - 75W

sigelei 75W

Sigelei 150W TC Temp Control Mod

YiHi SX Mini M-Class 60W

I'm trying to stay around $150 price range and the new dna 40's are expensive aswell as the SX MINI, What do you guys will think will be the best for the money? I like Sigelei but I dont know if their using the YiHI chips...

Thanks!!

Reactions: peterforpats

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I'm thinking of the ipv3li myself. I have the standard ipv3 and the screen did the same thing when I removed the protective cover. Once I pressed it back in, there has never been another issue with it. This is my all day device at work etc.. so has had some abuse. Long story short the screen is not a concern and I have had no issues with my ipv3 so of all the ones I have been researching the li is the way I'm leaning. It does upgrade to 200watts, 50j Tc with ti compatibility, all for less than 100 bucks, so IMHO it's the way to go.

nilly

May 8, 2015
Sigelei's 75w does not use yihi chip but sigelei do great stuff, i would stay away from IPV4 for obvious reasons. IPV3 with TC on the other hand could be a good device, i settled for the SnowWolf 200 and it performs amazing with TC, and i'm really happy with my decision. Just screw on atty and vape, no BS settings and locking resistance, just vape.

If i could settle with only one battery and had the money i would choose the SX Mini M-class its a solid device for sure.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Thanks for the response guys.
Between Sigelei and P4U I have a Sigelei Mini(My ADV) - Sigelei 150W And an IPV Mini 2 (70W)

I love my Sigelei Mini(30W).. I like all three but I'v noticed when SUB-OHMing With the IPV Mini 2 it wont fire under 25W with a .5ohm coil which my Sigelei 150W will and I'm pretty sure the Mini does too, haven't tried it with subohm in a long time. I guess the IPV Mini 2 doesnt have the Buck chip?

Basically what I'm saying is I love the Build and Menus of the Sigelei's I have, I dont like the look of the new Sigelei 150W TC.
The Sigelei 75W Looks awesome and even though I dont usually go over 50Ws I would like to have a Dual 18650 Mod for battery life.

I have been reading about the SnowWolf and it seems like a Sigelei? Same maker perhaps?
EVCigarettes has it for $125 Snow Wolf 200W Temperature Control Box MOD - EVcigarettes.com
VapeRoyalty has it for $118 but idk that company SnowWolf 200W Mod

So I'm leaning between the SnowWolf and IPV3-Li for dual 18650, and even if I dont like TC I would still like to switch it easily into Wattage mode.

As for VaporSharks DNA 40's I remember reading bad reviews so ill hafta do more research but what do you guys think of the SnowWolf and IPV-Li?

I appreciate guys!!

Azarias

May 25, 2015
Illinois
I have been reading about the SnowWolf and it seems like a Sigelei? Same maker perhaps?

[...]

As for VaporSharks DNA 40's I remember reading bad reviews so ill hafta do more research but what do you guys think of the SnowWolf and IPV-Li?
Afaik the SnowWolf is a cooperation of Sigelei and another company.

The bad reviews on the DNA40 are mostly based on screen glitches. I have an authentic rDNA40 without any problems. I'm so convinced by the DNA40 chip that my next authentic is already on its way. And btw the VS rDNA is one of the sexiest mods I've ever seen ;)

I don't have a SnowWolf because I don't like the looks, how it regulates the temp and that it's dual 18650. But I've heard mostly nothing but positive about it. Seems to be a really great device.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
This is just within your budget and should be able to get a little more off with some coupons floating around.

ESquare DNA 40 Box Mod by Lost Vape

I'd go for this one if I already didn't have more TC devices than one man needs. Dual 18650, small form factor and looks awesome. Heck, I might get it anyway. lol

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
EVCigarettes has it for $125 Snow Wolf 200W Temperature Control Box MOD - EVcigarettes.com
VapeRoyalty has it for $118 but idk that company SnowWolf 200W Mod

So I'm leaning between the SnowWolf and IPV3-Li for dual 18650, and even if I dont like TC I would still like to switch it easily into Wattage mode.

The SnowWolf is smaller than the IPV3, but it's heavier as well.

The IPV3 has a separate TC algorithm for Titanium coils. The SnowWolf can use Titanium coils, but you need to calculate the difference in temperature settings vs the Nickel yourself. Titanium needs to be run at significantly cooler settings when using a Nickel based TC algorithm. Basically this just means that if you're interested in using Titanium coils it's going to be easier on the IPV3.

The SnowWolf is the easiest to use TC mod on the market. It's literally just put your atty on the mod, click the fire button, then click the + button to say "Yes" when it asks if it's a new atomizer. It selects wattage or temperature control mode for you. The IPV3 has a much more complicated interface, but that also means you have some options you won't find on the SnowWolf such as the ability to save multiple settings.

I haven't been checking on complaints with the IPV3, but I will say that there are virtually no complaints to be found with the SnowWolf. It's solid, it's well built, it performs flawlessly, and it's powerful.

Each mod has it's advantages and disadvantages. Between the two my advice is to get the one that you feel suits your needs the best.

Oh, and one more thing....

SnowWolf 200W Watt Box Mod With Temperature Control

That's where I bought my SnowWolf 200W. It's priced at just $110 there, and they had it delivered to me 3 days after I placed the order.

nilly

May 8, 2015
@Completely Average can one manually change the temp on the Snow Wolf to use ti? I wantanother tc mod, and this one appeals to me, but I'm in love with the new Yihi ti mapping. I'm trying not to spend $200 though or I would get another sx mini m.

Sure, you would just back off the temp like on a dna40 with TI

Reactions: roxynoodle

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
Thanks for the help guys. I'm definitely looking hard at the SnowWolf, as for Nickel and Titanium isn't Nickel the most common for TC Mods? Completely Average, been thinking about what you said about the two and the IPV3-Li so im going to research the IPV some more.. possibly wait another couple months to see what happens but I do like both...

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Nickel is by far the most common wire to use for TC. Any premade coil for tanks like the Subtank, Atlantis, etc... will be nickel. Only people who make their own coils use titanium.

Titanium heats differently from Nickel. It gets hotter much faster so on a mod without a specific Ti mode for Titanium coils you need to set the temperature significantly lower than with a nickel coil. Generally speaking you'll want to run a nickel coil anywhere from 425F to 500F, and with Titanium you'll be in the 280F to 350F range.

And be aware, Titanium Dioxide is a carcinogen. If the titanium wire is shiny then it's probably safe but if it reaches the point where it looks dull or gray then it's probably hazardous. There hasn't been any significant studies here to give a definitive answer regarding the safety, but a dull or gray coating indicates a buildup of Titanium Dioxide which is carcinogenic to humans.

volm

Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
Kiev, Ukraine
And be aware, Titanium Dioxide is a carcinogen.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:
Titanium dioxide, also known as titanium(IV) oxide or titania, is the naturally occurring oxide of titanium, chemical formula TiO
2. When used as a pigment, it is called titanium white, Pigment White 6 (PW6), or CI 77891. Generally it is sourced from ilmenite, rutile and anatase. It has a wide range of applications, from paint to sunscreen to food colouring. When used as a food colouring, it has E number E171.

And this dioxide can be possibly carcinogenic to humans if you will inhale it in form of dry powder :)

Last edited:
Reactions: edyle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread