Which to buy? Help me pick out an e-cig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I purchased a TopRol 102 a few years ago.. it worked, but it was pretty annoying, and I didn't like the atomizer being a separate piece..

Recently I've been liking the BLU disposables that are sold around town here. I like that it's all one piece, and I love the fact that it uses Johnson Creek juice, since it's US made and they seem to have some quality-control standards in place.

I also like that it doesn't look like an analog.. I like the black with blue tip.. I definitely don't want a analog look-alike. I don't care if it's as big as a cigar, either, but I would like something that can take some long lasting cartridges and doesn't require me to charge the thing every day..

Budget would be around $100.. extra-double-bonus points if you can point me to a site that takes paypal.

Thanks!! :)

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
My suggestion -

Riva 510 SE (black with the 3-click disable/enable) from Liberty-Flights.com (first press the 20% off upper left front page to lower the shown prices, then shop). These at Liberty-Flights are 3.7v (more volts than Ego and the most popular Ego clone). I do own one of these Riva 510's - a lot of us do. The kits are 650mah vs Blu's 90mah. I do not kow if all of the loose Riva 510 batteries there are the new 3.7v kind (you would have to ask them) but the kits are.

Boge 3 ohm and 2 ohm cartomizers (3-ohm vape warm on 3.7 and are easier to learn to fill and keep damp, 2.0 run hotter and use the charge up faster). Once you are used to those, there are lots more exotic cartos to try (dual coils and reservoir cartos) and carto and atty tanks and liquid feeders and all kind of stuff.

510 drip tip (plastic or delrin if you also want to use it as a cool easy-to-remove cartomizer mouthpiece). Use the drip tip to test juices on the atomizer. Only put juices you know you like in cartomizers.

eliquid (in Boge cartos I use PG w/ 20% or less VG and I avoid any juices that seem to drop a lot of flavoring sediment. I can get 10+ days use out of a Boge). But you can choose some simple PG or mostly PG from Liberty-Flights to start with.

Get the primer off the atomizers before use. That stuff tastes like machine oil. You can * blow out atty, drip 4 drop on the bridge /\, wait a couple minutes so it soaks down, vape mostly off without inhaling. Repeat from *. Repeat again and try inhaling. (drip tip is handy for this)

For the cartos - remove cap, hold tissue on threaded end hole, tilt carto, and drop 18 drops (they are 1ml cartos) down inner wall and you may have to wait longer for the first few to soak in. After you get 18 in, wait 15-30 seconds. Now add 1-6 more drops - whatever it will soak in easily. Then clean it up - clean threads, blow out air channel by tilting open end down into a tissue and blow into threaded end, then I just touch soft tissue briefly to the top of the stuffing to collect excess. On first fill then lay the carto down on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp. Then vape. Keep it damp with juice to avoid singeing (adds bitter taste).

NOTE - NEVER EVER charge the Blu in a 510/Ego/Riva charger nor vice versa. Blu is reverse polarity.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I also got real tired of the 3 piece ecips I started with several years ago. I got back into using ecigs getting some disposables, then got a 2 piece from a company that had cheap products and the draw and taste was not so great. The latest and best I have found is Halo G6, the standard size and I use the automatic batts. Their e liquid flavors are great, easy draw and good throat hit. I really love the product. I was ready to give up on ecigs again until I found their product. I am now cigarette free and vaping happily :) bnrk

Jeremy-WI

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
SW WI
My suggestion -

Riva 510 SE (black with the 3-click disable/enable) from Liberty-Flights.com (first press the 20% off upper left front page to lower the shown prices, then shop). These at Liberty-Flights are 3.7v (more volts than Ego and the most popular Ego clone). I do own one of these Riva 510's - a lot of us do. The kits are 650mah vs Blu's 90mah. I do not kow if all of the loose Riva 510 batteries there are the new 3.7v kind (you would have to ask them) but the kits are.

Boge 3 ohm and 2 ohm cartomizers (3-ohm vape warm on 3.7 and are easier to learn to fill and keep damp, 2.0 run hotter and use the charge up faster). Once you are used to those, there are lots more exotic cartos to try (dual coils and reservoir cartos) and carto and atty tanks and liquid feeders and all kind of stuff.

510 drip tip (plastic or delrin if you also want to use it as a cool easy-to-remove cartomizer mouthpiece). Use the drip tip to test juices on the atomizer. Only put juices you know you like in cartomizers.

ELiquid (in Boge cartos I use PG w/ 20% or less VG and I avoid any juices that seem to drop a lot of flavoring sediment. I can get 10+ days use out of a Boge). But you can choose some simple PG or mostly PG from Liberty-Flights to start with.

Get the primer off the atomizers before use. That stuff tastes like machine oil. You can * blow out atty, drip 4 drop on the bridge /\, wait a couple minutes so it soaks down, vape mostly off without inhaling. Repeat from *. Repeat again and try inhaling. (drip tip is handy for this)

For the cartos - remove cap, hold tissue on threaded end hole, tilt carto, and drop 18 drops (they are 1ml cartos) down inner wall and you may have to wait longer for the first few to soak in. After you get 18 in, wait 15-30 seconds. Now add 1-6 more drops - whatever it will soak in easily. Then clean it up - clean threads, blow out air channel by tilting open end down into a tissue and blow into threaded end, then I just touch soft tissue briefly to the top of the stuffing to collect excess. On first fill then lay the carto down on different sides for 15-20 minutes to make sure every bit of stuffing gets damp. Then vape. Keep it damp with juice to avoid singeing (adds bitter taste).

NOTE - NEVER EVER charge the Blu in a 510/Ego/Riva charger nor vice versa. Blu is reverse polarity.

Some very good advice. I started out with a cheap truckstop model to see if I would like it. Then I got the eGo-T, type A and B, then eGo mega dual coil carto's. I did have some Dekang(Boge?) 510 carto's and absolutely love them now with the eGo-T batteries and with my Provari.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Thanks bnkrwest! That's the thing, it's just getting so complicated it's frustrating.. thus the appeal of the disposables, but those are so damn expensive.. I'm just looking for simple, but quality. I'm watching a video review of the G6 now, thanks for the tip!

I watched alot of G6 video reviews before I bought. I heard good things about their e liquid so tried their sample pack first them got the G6 starter pack and have been very happy with the quality. I do fill my cartos with their e liquid so they never go dry. I am sure others advice is great too, I am just very very happy with Halo. Have fun! bnrk

enVmyIX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2011
Hollywood
My suggestion -

ELiquid (in Boge cartos I use PG w/ 20% or less VG and I avoid any juices that seem to drop a lot of flavoring sediment. I can get 10+ days use out of a Boge). But you can choose some simple PG or mostly PG from Liberty-Flights to start with.

I also thin think this is a great suggestion, I recently purchased this kit for my wife and also for my friend who was very interested in vaping. It is a solid e-cig, and you cannot beat the performance for the price. It wil give you a good foundation to start on.

Liberty-flights also takes PayPal as another member pointed out.

eyebedam

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
Mt. Juliet TN
I purchased a TopRol 102 a few years ago.. it worked, but it was pretty annoying, and I didn't like the atomizer being a separate piece..

Recently I've been liking the BLU disposables that are sold around town here. I like that it's all one piece, and I love the fact that it uses Johnson Creek juice, since it's US made and they seem to have some quality-control standards in place.

I also like that it doesn't look like an analog.. I like the black with blue tip.. I definitely don't want a analog look-alike. I don't care if it's as big as a cigar, either, but I would like something that can take some long lasting cartridges and doesn't require me to charge the thing every day..

Budget would be around $100.. extra-double-bonus points if you can point me to a site that takes paypal.

Thanks!! :)

I just switched from the blu disposables to a Volt from Smokeless image. Im really happy with the change. Heres a link to there thread.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...87974-official-smokelessimage-com-thread.html

As far as paypal is concerned I fell ya. I haVe a Paypal debit card which I used to make the purchase, it knida skirts there rules since in fact its a mastercard linked to my paypal account. I can pay for what you want if you paypal me the funds & have everything shipped to your address. Another option is buy a Visa Gift Card for the amount you need &^ use it topay for whatever you desire.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I started with and still using the Riva510 Lite bundle from Liberty FLights...30 bux with the 20% discount(button on upper left of page)...add a carto bundle from Crystal Clear Vaping which includes 2 drip tips, a syringe and free shipping and you have a killer KISS start...I gotta give a shout to Hossierecigsupply for their Kgos...a killer 1100mah battery kit for 42bux...those are some really killer batts!!!!!!!
madjack:2cool:
p.s. don't forget da joose!!!!!!!!mj

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
I was all set to order the Riva 510 Cartomizer pack from Lliberty-Flights, but they're out of stock.. :( I like the idea of the cartomizer, seems easy.

It looks like I can order all of the components individually for only ~$8 more.. I just need two batteries, two cones, a charger, and the 5 pack of Boge cartomizers, right? I know I need juice, but I'm just talking about the device itself.

Since I have to buy these individually, anyway, is there a better battery I can use? 650mah seems OK, but if I'm piecing it all together, can I just buy a couple 1000mah or so batteries (or one 650 and one bigger one) instead? I don't care about the physical size so much.. I just didn't see those higher capacity batteries listed at Liberty-Flights? Link(s) would be appreciated!

Thanks all!!

Last edited:

Stef64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
Michigan
I was all set to order the Riva 510 Cartomizer pack from Lliberty-Flights, but they're out of stock.. :( I like the idea of the cartomizer, seems easy.

It looks like I can order all of the components individually for only ~$8 more.. I just need two batteries, two cones, a charger, and the 5 pack of Boge cartomizers, right? I know I need juice, but I'm just talking about the device itself.

Since I have to buy these individually, anyway, is there a better battery I can use? 650mah seems OK, but if I'm piecing it all together, can I just buy a couple 1000mah or so batteries (or one 650 and one bigger one) instead? I don't care about the physical size so much.. I just didn't see those higher capacity batteries listed at Liberty-Flights? Link(s) would be appreciated!

Thanks all!!

That is all you need. If you're looking form more capacity/ longer lasting battery you can also look at the KGo from Hoosier - 1300 mAh batteries and you still get a higher voltage than the eGo. Ot an EPower 18650 bundle from Liberty Flights - 2200 mAh.

BrandonSi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Chicago
That is all you need. If you're looking form more capacity/ longer lasting battery you can also look at the KGo from Hoosier - 1300 mAh batteries and you still get a higher voltage than the eGo. Ot an EPower 18650 bundle from Liberty Flights - 2200 mAh.

Thanks.. That 18650 kit is out of stock also.. come on L-F.. I'm trying to give you money!!

I'll check out the KGo as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread