Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
430 SS Clapton
I really need to grab some of this to try next time I place a wire order. I have read good things about it. I got a 'toomanytabs' tab open to that page on AVS in my vape shopping category, I just still got a lot of 316l clapton and round wire to vape up yet.

Reactions: Letitia

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Great choice and I don't think you will be sorry. I love the fact that they post a resistance chart for each wire for the number of wraps. That makes is very simple to decide what I will like best. When I was looking for wire, that chart made my decisions easy.

Where are the charts, I never saw a chart for the SS316 clapton wire.

I normally order kanthal clapton wire from lightning vapes, but from people here recommending AVS, decided to try out there SS316 clapton wire.

Placed order, and 15 minutes I get a shipping email, now that is fast work :thumb:

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    Where are the charts, I never saw a chart for the SS316 clapton wire.

I normally order kanthal clapton wire from lightning vapes, but from people here recommending AVS, decided to try out there SS316 clapton wire.

Placed order, and 15 minutes I get a shipping email, now that is fast work :thumb:
    The charts are under the area where you choose how much you want and add to cart.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 7.24.53 PM.png
      Screen Shot 2017-09-09 at 7.24.53 PM.png
      80.2 KB · Views: 31
    Reactions: Nailz

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    The first experiment didn't go well. I get vapor but no flavor. Back to work as I am sure it is user error. :(
    I had to set TCR when I tried out 430 fused clapton coil. I think it was .00135, not sure though. I prefer 316l, but many have switched to 430 exclusively. I just play with tc occasionally.

Reactions: PJReid

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I just prefer it. Works great in power mode. Not much of a tinker style vaper & I find tc a little frustrating.
    I am not really a tinkerer myself but don't want to miss out on something. God forbid! LOL I have to be in the mood to tinker and since my husband is off and is watching bad movies, it seemed like a good time.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I see they have that chart for the 430, but not for the 316 though, shame, but I'll work it out :)
    They seem to have charts for most, but not all, of the wire types. I guess they figure you can use Steam Engine for the ones with no chart.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I only wrap when I want to change it up a bit. Been trying to talk myself into making a new coil for SMM for several days. Which is sad, it does only take a few minutes! Doesn't help that I love AVS tri-core FC prebuilts. Ordered the 30gx3/38g and put one in Nano yesterday, ramp time is great. Usually order thicker ones.

PJReid

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 2, 2013
    Virginia
    I only wrap when I want to change it up a bit. Been trying to talk myself into making a new coil for SMM for several days. Which is sad, it does only take a few minutes! Doesn't help that I love AVS tri-core FC prebuilts. Ordered the 30gx3/38g and put one in Nano yesterday, ramp time is great. Usually order thicker ones.
    IMO, we should do what makes us happy. I like being able to roll a coil, but sometimes I don't want to. I have a box full of prebuilt Kanthal coils and I will use them. They are assorted, so I can try different kinds of wire. The favorite from that box is an alien clapton coil that I am still using in one tank.

Don29palms

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Here's my suggestion. Buy an Avidartisan Daedalus DIY Tool and make whatever kind of clapton wire you want. It's simple and quick. I use mine to make fused claptons mostly. You can obviously make wire nobody sells. I get my wire from kbeevapor.com

http://kbeevapor.com/

Search results for: 'Avidartisan'

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    You
    Thanks, @NoLeak. I will keep that in mind. My RTAs are single coil, except for the RBA deck of the Big Baby Beast which I hardly ever use. I think I was turned off to TC when I had bad luck with a Coolfire IV TC 100. Silly me, I thought that was what it was designed for. Those are packed away now as I prefer changeable battery mods. It is time to try again. What RTAs do you use. I have OBS Engine Nanos and am looking at a GeekVape Avacado 24.
    You can use Stainless in Power or TC mode. I love stainless, it seems like a much cleaner taste

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread