The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Which Vendor for Premade Clapton Wire?

Discussion in 'Wick and Wire' started by NoLeak, Aug 26, 2017.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. lupinehorror

lupinehorror numpty wrangler Verified Member

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    argh @Don29palms ! i seem to have somehow purchased a avidartisan daedalus!! :w00t: (none i could find in the UK...the postage from the US is nearly as much as the gadget itself. hopefully it'll be worth it).
    thanks for the suggestion. let the good coils roll...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Yes! New adventure coming from lupinehorror. Trailers coming soon. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Everyone I've spoke to that has one swears by it. I love mine.
    Search results for: 'Avidartisan'

• Like Like x 3
  4. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    i may seek advice in the future... (read: i will seek advice in the future...)

• Like Like x 2
  5. lupinehorror

Supporting member
    Jul 11, 2017
    alba
    i think you may well be right...maybe i should start a blog... :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Get more reads from a new thread.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Walter Sobchak is short for Randy Verified Member

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Glad I saw your post about the avidartisan. I've been playing around with one for a few days and on my fused claptons are getting twisted all to Hell. Used 26ga cores with 36ga clapton. Any thoughts?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Don29palms

Don29palms Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    That's what I make my fused claptons with. Hold the end with a pair of pliers and spin it in the opposite direction to get the twist out. Do it very slowly so you can watch it. When it gets close to done pulse the drill.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Walter Sobchak is short for Randy Verified Member

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Lebanon, Indiana
    That's what I've been doing and it's working well on shorter fused pieces (under 12") but when I attempt to make longer ones it's near impossible to get all the twists out. When I first got the jig I made some single core claptons that were over 3' and I thought I could do the same with fused.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. QcVaper

QcVaper Ultra Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Canada/Quebec
    I buy my claptons from geekvape and wotofo, had some pretty small 2mm from wotofo before but I got some from geekvape along with my peerless rda and haven't looked back since. Had to clean them the other day and the resistance stayed where it was which imho is impressive.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteamHead

SteamHead Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2014
    Tampa, FL, USA
    Ordered a small spool of quad core clapton from AVS. 4x30g with a 40g wrap. I love that they use a light gauge wrap wire, which is supposed to be much better than the heavier gauge wrap you normally see (32g). Should be here in a couple days.

Anybody try this stuff?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have a spool of tri core parallel fc wire from AVS and love it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  13. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I had never tried any "fancy" builds, ever. Got curious and ordered some wire from AVS a couple weeks ago. The standard clapton wire I got didn't do anything for me at all. But the fused clapton I got is simply the best vaping wire I've ever had. I'm shocked at what a difference it makes from normal round 316l.

I just ordered another roll of fused clapton wire, and a roll of quad core. Doubt I'll be hopping off this train anytime soon. Phenomenal, and here I always thought clapton coils were a joke.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  14. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    If the mail man can make it thru the snow I should be getting my AVS prebuilt coil order today, can't wait. If I end up loving them like you do I will be ordering spools of my favorites next time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sloth Tonight

Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    I'm shocked by how I love them. Keep in mind I've never used any form of clapton before, so my mind being so blown is by the clapton vape in general, not per se AVS vs anyone else. But after experiencing how nice the clapton wire vapes I can't see using normal round wire again, so I'm an AVS regular instantly. The quality of the wire looks great, I've built a few coils and not noticed any deformities or inconsistencies yet. Super clean too, but I wipe with alcohol anyway.

• Love Love x 1
  16. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Yeah, I only just started playing with the fancier fused and better claptons after getting the ni80 coilogy kit and I feel the same. Kicking myself for being such a cheap ....... for so long with plain jane coils. Hopefully the AVS SS coils are just as good or even better for both my mech squonkers and regulated RTAs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Letitia

Letitia Nano Junkie

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Make sure you subscribe to AVS emails, they un good sales regularly. @Sloth Tonight you'll love the quad cores! I use tri core fc because the quad cores are bit much for my Nanos. Next order will probably pick up a quad core spool for the Drop.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sloth Tonight

Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    Thanks for that tip, I'll sub to their emails for sure then. Right now they're running 20% off with coupon code AVS. I'm hoping the quad core works well in an Entheon, but it definitely will in my Haku if not. I got quad 30g with a 40g outer wire. The fused I have now is like 28g x 2 with a 36g outer I think, but I ordered some 28g x 2 with a 40g outer wire today. I think those 2 will work great in my RDAs.

• Agree Agree x 1