Which Vendor(s) has the plastic tip syringe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gthompson

Free at last
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Tennessee, USA
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cut it out

CarbonThief

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Cut it out

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
No thanks, I said I don't want metal.
I saw it somewhere, it's a syringe with a long thin plastic tip.
What I really want is just a 3ml plastic dropper like an eye dropper for transfering juice from glass bottles into a PV tank. There are disposable pipettes/pipetes but they're one-piece so if I clean them, they won't air out and will get moldy and stuff.
I found 1ml (doesn't count the dropper head that fills making 2ml total which will work)/2ml/3ml plastic droppers, but the tips look too blunt.
I can get just the dropper squeezy head and put it on a cut pen or something, a cut pipette would be too flimsy.
There are dropper bottles with plastic needles that suction like a dropper but won't reach the bottom of my jars.

EDIT: found these but was hoping for a one-pice (really two being a syringe) so there's less little parts to deal with.
http://www.truevapor.com/index.php?...=22&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=177

EDit: settling on a syringe for now. A syringe just looks so unelegant with e cigs, definitily don't want a metal one either. Searched for hours and image searched for everything like: tapered hollow plastic dispenser aplicator fine point etc, but couldn't find anything to at lest put a dropper bulb on so I might put one on a cut clear pen/buy plastic stick, put in a bench vice to drill a tiny hole then taper it with a dremel then sand it then drill the other end bigger and put drip bulb on; however a syringe won't leave any wasted juice in it like a dropper would, especially %100VG, so I'd waste a bunch over time and probably have to clean it very frequently to avoid it drying out and getting gunky/clogging.

Last edited:

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
ive always like these for precision filling of this or that, not necessarily e-juice. sometime i use one for getting wd-40 into tight places

i10341.jpg

not sure where to get them, wal mart maybe? i just found i had two or three of em and used em up.

but you can also buy needles, and syringes very inexpensively at any tractor supply.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
I didn't really want a curved syringe, it looks narrow enough for tight tanks though if that's not like a 60ml syringe giving that proportion. Google image search for like: plastic syringe -steel -metal , try different things, and you'll find those practically free minus the shipping. Another thing about pipettes, they seem so thin that they might tear, I want just one good filler, not a back up supply. I though about cutting the pipete so it'd be 2 parts to dry out, and overlapping them like if you break a cigarette and can overlap it back together, but I imagine pipettes are so thin that the weight of just the juice when filled would make it fall apart and/or the juice would get behind the overlap because of a crease.
I'm either going to stick with the plastic tip e juice syringe I linked or make a cutom mini dropper with a pen or drilling it out with a tiny drill bit like mentioned. I guess droppers don't drop right with a smaller hole and that they're somewhat standard as a 'drop' is sometimes used as a standard measurement like a TSP or fl oz. Droppers might not have enough intake suction power to suck up e juice, especially %100VG through a tint hole. Again, though, syringes just look so medical and unelegant.

Edit: for those who don't want metal needles:
found the plastic needle tips in all different lengths as low as like 10 cents each plus shipping (maybe just a stamp cost). They screw on luer bottles too. 'Slip' tips lock into luer lock also, just not as snug as 'luer' tips. A slip tip needle on a slip tip syringe might pop off when injecting thick juice, so get a luer syringe, can google what ml you want, like 3ml/5ml, and find for like 25 cents.
To get non-needle cone tapered ones like these at the bottom:
http://www.mdfly.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=87_109_110
Buy those or google or google image search: tapered needle 16ga 18ga 20ga 25ga (can cut if too small).

For the plastic needle as low as like 20 cents each, google and google image search:
ptfe needle -valve
teflon needle
Flexible Plastic Needle -knitting -sewing

Last edited:

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
"For the plastic needle as low as like 20 cents each, google and google image search:
ptfe needle -valve
teflon needle
Flexible Plastic Needle -knitting -sewing"

Actually, I ^ for hours, exhausted the search, and all I found besides bulk cases was I think a 10 pack for like $25 or something rediculous on Amazon. I emailed some bulk suppliers about a small order and one's sending me a sample pack of about 8-for free w/ free shipping.
So, the only place I know of right now other than cases is again this vendor: E-Cigarette Refill Syringe

But those aren't the 2" or 1.5" ones I prefer.
Probably eventually just getting some small stiff 15 gauge tubing though and somehow adding something to taper it larger without using superglue and stuff to accomidate a dropper bulb- less medical looking than a syringe and no thin glass to worry about being gentle with like glass droppers. Using small dropper bottles with small droppers wouldn't be a problem because those tiny glass droppers get in tight places and won't break because they're protected by the thicker bottle, but I read acidic juices eat away at dropper bottle tops, so I won't store in them.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
...that wallgreens one's a good find, nice long thin flexible needle (unles it doesn't have one and is just a syringe with no tip, because it looks like it might just be the packaging glare and doesn't have a needle) to empty deep tanks back into bottles too small to be dumped into.
A mini funnel Funnels and Fitments would help for that, but it's another part to deal with. That walgreens' syringe is oversized at 10ml, all I need is 3ml. Any ml luer lock syringe can Googled for like ten cents plus shipping, so if I weren't getting the sample needles, I'd maybe get the walgreens one just for the tip. A slip tip will lock into a luer syringe, but not as good as a luer tip. The vaping vendor I linked and the Apollo linked syringes are only 1ml and the tips are short which don't reach the bottom of bottles/tanks.

Re: droppers: I exhausted that search and found no plastic droppers without a standard 'drop' amount tip, which I guess is for standard measurement like tps/ml/drop/etc, and the drop amount's too big for my liking filling in tight tanks and can't be used to drain a tank. I found plenty of glass droppers with fine points that fill tight spaces, but if not protected by a thicker drop bottle (I won't use cause read acidic juice eats through the rubber tip), I don't want to worry about a thin glass dropper breaking. I might modify some small plastic tube tapered up to a dropper head instead of using an unelegant syringe, it's also one hand operated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread