Which way to blow the atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
I usually do not cut the autoclean cycle. Too slow reflexes to unscrew the batt quickly enough. Pulling the cart off is all i can manage in the blink of the eye :(. So I let it do the job without cart, and when it finishes and the att is nice and hot, I blow it as hard as I can. Without the cart the autoclean does not produce any bad smells for future vaping, at least as far as I can smell or tell. So far 5 weeks of good performance this way without boiling etc.
BUT:
I got distracted today and blew the att from the cartridge end towards the battery - without the batt, of course. Before I realised what I was doing, it emitted lots of gunk, much more than the other (correct) way round. I had to clean and dry the battery end very thoroughly with all the threads and cavities there, but in the end the performance seemed to even increase. It is an "old" atomiser (is 5 weeks non-stop use old? I am still to learn) and this seemed to help. It does not gurgle, has smoother draw and might even have more vapour. I am not sure of the last one, because it was quite good vapour-wise to start with.

Is it just my impression or can this incorrect way of blowing out the atomizer really work? (It is a 901.)

K0rvet

Dec 24, 2008
I've always blown mine out both ways. Can't say it's better - one of my atomizers is burnt out already (8 days old). I usually get liquid from the cart end - very seldom get any from the bat end (Royal pen style e-cigs). I let them sit upright bat end down on a tissue every night too. The tissue is always wet in the morning. I always drip 1 or 2 drops of e-liquid into the atomizer before using it. I always use carts - don't have the hang of dripping yet. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread