Which way to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
Heya, ethnobot the newb from England here,

I was going to introduce myself in my first post but I was also going to end it with a question and that question is becoming potentially time-sensitive so I think I'd better ask it and then make a second post to introduce myself instead as soon as I have time.

The question I was going to ask is:
I want to upgrade to a decent quality rechargable PV that doesn't necessarily have to look like the analog that it isn't and preferably has cartridges that can be refilled with eliquid (for both variety and financial reasons. I looked at as many offers as I could in a short space of time and had just about decided to go with a DSE901 from Liberty Flights which looks really cute :p I have just had an offer which has made me rethink though - I was on IM talking to my cousin across the pond & he said a friend of his had a kit that was an unwanted gift that he could scrounge for me if I paid the postage. This would save me about £20 I reckon but the kit is a different type. That one is a Joye Ego. Is this something I want? I want a nice look and some degree of standardisation but I also wanna a PV that is gonna make me feel like I took a nice big rip off it but without making me hack and cough. Any advice what I should do here?

Cheers, ethnobot.

JWebb

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
St. Louis USA
ethnobot, welcome to ECF and the joye eGo or counterpart Riva is an excellent starter ecig with longer battery life and uses standardized parts, the 510 or 306 atomizers for vaping. The batteries come standard at 650 mah, milliamps per hour, so it is a lot longer than the normal "cigarette size" starters and you can upgrade to 900 and 1100 mah batteries, you can get atty replacements almost anywhere and even use low resistance LR atomizers on it for a simulated 5volt experience. Libertyflights in the UK has them on discount, (upper left corner of website) for like $29.99.

WomanOfHeart

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2010
Colorado
The eGo is a very nice PV. The batteries will last at least 7 hours or longer, depending on how much you use it. The kit should come with two batteries, so that will last you all day! They use either cartridges or cartomizers with a 510 thread, so finding parts is easy.

I prefer cartomizers and dripping myself. Carts can get a bit messy and I just found them to be frustrating after a while. You'll need to buy some juice, but there are plenty of quality vendors out there who offer a wide variety of flavors. You might even want to try DIY at some point and save even more money!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Joye Ego - it can use anything and make the hit as hard as you want. 510 threading and can use
- both standard and low resistance (hotter) atomizers and cartomizers
- or tank atomizer and tanks
- or adapters to use all popular atomizers including DSE901

It's a fat battery model and extremely popular in the US. You can see them at Liberty-Flights.co.uk

Bit of a learning curve as to what parts go with what other parts. There are different size atomizers that use different size carts and drip tips. There are different size tank atomizers and only the larger one can use both small and large tanks.

I vape an Ego clone (Riva 510) and I use blank Boge cartomizers (standard resistance for a warm but not hot hit) and with thinner clearer juices I can often get 2 weeks good performance out of one Boge carto. Many others prefer the hotter Boge LR 2.0 cartomizers.

Super long battery life on an Ego (3x or more the charge of most slim ecigs) if you can deal with vaping something that does not look slim.

ethnobot

Jun 2, 2011
UK
So there seems to be a fair amount of opinion in favour of the bargain eGo. Thanks for all the welcomes too :)

I think i would buy a new one .

Thanks pfaber, but that couldn't separate the two kits when I got more details. The eGo kit hasn't had any of the packaging removed apparently so it counts as being in new mint condition. I have just been back on the IM to my cousin and agreed to reimburse him for the shipping cost if he'll send me the kit. I'll be getting a decent PV for around £5.00 now I reckon - not bad at all. I have got his friend's email too so I can write him a thank you note.

The kit that I am now getting comes with 5 cartridges, and does indeed have 2 batteries. It is in black & seems to be a fairly standard eGo set with an eGo/510 atomiser, USB and mains-USB power adaptors and a soft carry pouch besides what I mentioned before. Of course the mains adaptor is USA-style but that doesn't really bother me because firstly I think I still have a US-UK socket adapter, secondly I can buy a UK adapter for it as an accessory & finally it has the purely USB cable so I can charge it from the computer in the meantime.

Thank you everybody for your help and thanks again for the warm welcome :),

ethnobot

Diablo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
SW,Virginia
Tomorrow will be my 2 week mark. I started with the Riva and it was ok. I spent about $54 on it. It didn't take long about 4 days to realize the smaller e-cig types wasn't gonna cut it for me. I needed something with a bit more power and less micro management. After spending about 20+ hours of reading info on this site I decided the Reo Mod would fit my life style and bought one. Only regret I have is I wasted 54$ on the Riva.

It can be hard to get your hands on one right away but you can keep an eye out on the classifieds @ ECF.

Can read info at the links below.

reosmods.com

Reos Mods

If you want a simple to use, high quality mod to vape and don't want to mess with it every 10 mins and have a device that looks and feels great in your hands go have a look at it.

Welcome to ECF

D

BGabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Indiana
I just got my eGo in the mail today! And guess where I ordered it... :D I'm vaping it right now. DEFINITELY get cartomizers.. the atty / cartridge combo is just too messy and time consuming.. as a matter of fact, I think they overfilled my cartridges believe it or not.. I had to wipe the excess liquid off of it and dab some out of the fiber with a paper towel because it was almost dripping out of it! I'm not impressed by the attys, but I also use vapor4life.com WOW cartos with a 510 to 901 adapter and I've gotta say, I think I found my sweet spot! You will definitely be happy with the eGo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread