Which would YOU get? Invoke, RXGen3 Dual or RX2 20700?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneMorePerson

Dec 1, 2015
Sydney
Calling out to anyone who's had these mods, which one would you buy again?
  • eleaf Invoke - the smallest dual 18650 I can find
  • RXGen3 Dual - the second smallest 18650
  • RX2 20700 - a bit taller than the RXGen3 Dual but thinner. That's why it's in the running.
My number one criteria is small, second is dual battery. I'm torn between these three!

Can anyone to share their 2 cents?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I can't argue with that, the only reason the Squid Double Barrel isnt at the top of the list is because 25mm tanks has a bit of overhang. Aka looks terrible to me
True. You need 22mm attys for it. That’s trueofseveralof thesmaller mods such as the noisey cricket. A battlestar will take a30mm atty. it’s the same form factor as the wismec. The speeder isn’t small but it is light. Also quite battery efficient.

• Useful
Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
that many fakes now? So sad
Not that many. Smoant makes the cylon now and iirc the battlestar is out of production. I could be wrong about that though. Wismec historyof problems is earlybuild and the battlestar issues were late build. With the wismec it was issues withfit and design of the 510, with smoant it was soldering connections

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
... I guess it depends what I'm willing to live with! Or what I'm willing to gamble on
The cylon is supposed to be the replacement for the battlestar and is very well liked. I personally find the aesthetics a bit too much and wound up buying a legend. That one really is a big mod though.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
I've been using an Invoke for for quite a while now, no complaints except one: the battery door needs to watched as it can loosen up during everyday use. May, or may not, be a pain for you. It's not for me as it's a "stay at home" mod. And, really, it's not "that" bad....just something to watch out for.

Not a fan of the RXs. The RX200S was one of my first mods, and I find the design (and those similar) dated and clunky. The Invoke will feel like a little iStick Pico in comparison to the others on your list.

At the end of the day, though, personal preference for you, I think. :)

• Agree

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I recently bought an RX2 20700 and love it. It's one of the most comfortable dual battery mods I own. It's not big and clunky like the old RX200 (which I also have and still use). In fact, it's a smidge shorter and much smaller. The best way to hold it is to cradle it between your thumb and forefinger and trigger it with the side of your thumb. The fire button is big, so that's easy. I also love the much longer vape time I get from the 20700 batteries. To each his own, but I'm definitely going to get another or two for my stash.

• Useful

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I like my Eleaf Invoke and it's been vaped daily in rotation with an Hcigar DNA75 Nano, Alien 220W, and an Istick 40W for a while. The Invoke has been reliable at my 10W vaping level. I don't push it, but it's great for pocket carry and around the house vaping. I think I should get more than a day from two Samsung 30Q's, though. I have a couple of single battery mods that go from one morning into the next before a battery change, using similar rated cells.

I pocket carry the Invoke and I haven't had the battery door open unexpectedly, but I can see how that could happen. It slide locks after you close it. I always make sure that it's completely slid into place when I change batteries. It's easy for the door to feel like it slid home, but the tab is still sticking out a bit.

Last edited:

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I have the RXgen3 Dual, it's good for the affordable price. It's also a very small mod. Shop around for best prices.

RX gen3 dual.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread