Not open for further replies.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
I got two Red Sky Mod's VV there nice but for me the feed system was just a bit small for the VG juice I use and dose not feed easy. I may brake it out again and play with it.

I like the idea he has with the dual battery's I may give that a shot If I can find a juice that feeds better for me.

I ordered a Proveri last night Chrome/ 18650 extension I have heard good things.

I also have two VVPV's on pre-order from Notcigs should be a winner.

REO is working on a his VV REO and will have it available in the Wood and the REO Grand style case. Should be out in a few months.

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
I'm was keen on the Ali'i, but there's no voltage display and I really like that feature.

The monkeyboxx is okay and it looks easy to use, but I'm not so thrilled with the appearance, kinda big and clunky.

Red sky looks nice, but I'm apprehensive about the battery choices. 2 stacked 18350's I think, and I prefer not to stack batteries. I think it's the same for the monkeyboxx, but I have to revisit that thread to be sure (unless someone wants to chime in here...). Other benefit is he'll have a pre-order available by week-end, while Ali'i is not taking orders right now and the Reo is not yet available in (adjustable) VV.

waiting for the Reo may be a possibility, but anyone have a guess on the time frame?

I'm still all over the tube mod with tank and while I'm getting the Scubagen version of the negenesis, I'm also on the notify list for the iatty (looks super easy to use - even though it uses the fiberglass wick maybe I can switch it out with mesh) and Tai-pan's SS genesis LV from Germany. I want options and if one coil needs replacing then I'll have another to use until I feel like changing the coil out.

For me, I just want to give bottom feeder's another chance. I've only owned a Phidias, since I jumped from that to VV, and I didn't really love the feed function. It was to hard to push the button - hurt my finger over time and I had leakage issues, which may be user error, but it was still annoying and I like very wet atties and now I prefer the VV so it doesn't matter...

Last edited:

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
im about to get a RSM marblewood!!! :D

That's beautiful - congrats!!

I was thinking of purpleheart body with balck walnut end caps... something close to this bowl I saw:

bowl031b.jpg

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
I got two Red Sky Mod's VV there nice but for me the feed system was just a bit small for the VG juice I use and dose not feed easy. I may brake it out again and play with it.

I like the idea he has with the dual battery's I may give that a shot If I can find a juice that feeds better for me.

I ordered a Proveri last night Chrome/ 18650 extension I have heard good things.

I also have two VVPV's on pre-order from Notcigs should be a winner.

REO is working on a his VV REO and will have it available in the Wood and the REO Grand style case. Should be out in a few months.

You should have asked me about the ProVari- I have the chrome and the blasted steel- I actually like the steel better- feels better in the hand- the chrome is a bit slippery. In about two weeks, they are going to have a long run 2500mAh battery avaialable. I'm running about a day and a half (7.5-8ml) on it as opposed to the IMR which gives me about 4.5 ml.

My only reservations about that QuasiMoto Mark IV is the size and the way you adjust the VV- not sure what he has for circuitry but it should have not needed a pot and a special screwdriver to adjust the voltage.

I'm working on Fono to create a special run of VV Phidias's - he's reluctant - concerned about support issues (rightfully so)- but who knows....If he does it, they won't come cheap but if you like the phidias and were able to get fire feed to work there, it'll be as good a vape as the EQ - you just won't have auto pump,... but it'll be alot smaller.....

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
Several from the EQ thread have jumped for a Darwin.....tho it is not a juice fed nor VV device (you set the power[wattage], not the voltage) It is a "power regulated" PV.

I spent some time considering the Darwin and my conclusion was that it looks like a great mod, but since I have a Provari I'm not willing to spring for the Darwin too. No juice feed, plus I don't think I could feasibly stick a tank on it. I definitely couldn't stick a tank on it and turn it off without a gooseneck or something and while appearance is not a huge consideration for me IT IS still a consideration and that would just look ridiculous...

I might be a mod ..... at heart, but I'm not one to my budget, all my decisions end with 'Is it worth it' and I'd say yes if I didn't already own a 'smart' VV mod already...

jimho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2009
New York
I'm was keen on the Ali'i, but there's no voltage display and I really like that feature.

The monkeyboxx is okay and it looks easy to use, but I'm not so thrilled with the appearance, kinda big and clunky.

Red sky looks nice, but I'm apprehensive about the battery choices. 2 stacked 18350's I think, and I prefer not to stack batteries. I think it's the same for the monkeyboxx, but I have to revisit that thread to be sure (unless someone wants to chime in here...). Other benefit is he'll have a pre-order available by week-end, while Ali'i is not taking orders right now and the Reo is not yet available in (adjustable) VV.

waiting for the Reo may be a possibility, but anyone have a guess on the time frame?

I'm still all over the tube mod with tank and while I'm getting the Scubagen version of the negenesis, I'm also on the notify list for the iatty (looks super easy to use - even though it uses the fiberglass wick maybe I can switch it out with mesh) and Tai-pan's SS genesis LV from Germany. I want options and if one coil needs replacing then I'll have another to use until I feel like changing the coil out.

For me, I just want to give bottom feeder's another chance. I've only owned a Phidias, since I jumped from that to VV, and I didn't really love the feed function. It was to hard to push the button - hurt my finger over time and I had leakage issues, which may be user error, but it was still annoying and I like very wet atties and now I prefer the VV so it doesn't matter...

I've got 4 scubagens (one is going to Ukeman) comming and 3 genisis LV's also on thier way. Last check there were a few LVs still available if you look up the Genisis LV - (spelled with an I not an "e") ....I also got one of their VV box mods for kicks- they were cheap enough. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...573-genisis-lv-box-kronos-22.html#post3887064

So you guys know, there's a prefab'd PCB comming from russia of all places - self contained power regulator with a display- details are sketchy but in a few months time, if they ship (where have we heard this before) all of these boxes may become obsolete.

here it is- looks cool- we'll have to see what happens
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/212889-interesting-news-modders-question.html

harpo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2009
Yuba City, California

I'm all for the genesis LV but ordering is closed. Hopefully they open it up again. Time will tell I guess.

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
I will be on the watch for the 2500mAh battery's I picked the Chrome I like the looks and only use my tube mods at the desk and special occasions when visiting another vapor friend in town.

If I like the Provari I will pick another up for travel when needed.

I got my Buzz Po and Classic's that I love when dripping and on a few tanks.

I got 3 of the atty tank mods coming in over the next month or so to play with as well.

FYI the REO VV should be out in a few months. Rob is doing some redesigning of the prints for his Woodvil and Grand to accommodate the VV stuff. Its not going to be a Madvaps vv unit but something much better.

The Red sky VV mods use the Madvaps VV set up. Its stamped right on the side of the board. Same as the Old Goat mods so its all in the feed system and box IMO.

Darwin is on my raidar to pick up in the next month or so.

Sacker

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
USA - Honolulu, HI
DDcup02.jpg

DDCup: by Jollyriffics, 26650 bat, vv booster chip 5.3v to 14.7v, 15ml bottle... manual

though on list for vvpv, still waiting for auto pump feeder, it was great for its short lived time.

also waiting on scubagenV3 atty, Kronos+Genisis Atty, another bulli A2, wanted G-tank, but it got filled up fast.

what was the link for nextel 116 wick? I forgot.

Last edited:

Friend of Atlas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
CT
I've got 4 scubagens (one is going to Ukeman) comming and 3 genisis LV's also on thier way. Last check there were a few LVs still available if you look up the Genisis LV - (spelled with an I not an "e") ....I also got one of their VV box mods for kicks- they were cheap enough. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...573-genisis-lv-box-kronos-22.html#post3887064

So you guys know, there's a prefab'd PCB comming from russia of all places - self contained power regulator with a display- details are sketchy but in a few months time, if they ship (where have we heard this before) all of these boxes may become obsolete.

here it is- looks cool- we'll have to see what happens
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/212889-interesting-news-modders-question.html

Got me on my spelling JH.. :) I was looking at the Kronos, but I don't know if I quite get it - does the genisis atty fit into it? Can it be used with other atties?... Truthfully, I haven't read the entire thread, just bits and bobs, so I'm not super informed, but I did email Uwe about getting one of the atties that people ordered but never paid for... so I might still be able to secure myself a nice all SS genisis LV that way. (Crap - think I misspelled genisis in the email to Uwe - oops)

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
DDcup02.jpg

DDCup: by Jollyriffics, 26650 bat, vv booster chip 5.3v to 14.7v, 15ml bottle... manual

though on list for vvpv, still waiting for auto pump feeder, it was great for its short lived time.

also waiting on scubagenV3 atty, Kronos+Genisis Atty, another bulli A2, wanted G-tank, but it got filled up fast.

what was the link for nextel 116 wick? I forgot.

I got to get one of those LOL just to have around :) That's cool

Do you have the site link

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread