while we are waiting for the Xhaler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2009
Oregon
Those of you in the DrewCrew who already own higher voltage pvs, please share your experiences/preferences for vaping at high voltage..I'm curious about what I can expect and how it will differ from 3.7V vaping. So... what is it really like??

More vapor, YAY! but how much more? double the vapor? denser vapor?warmer vapor?

Do you inhale for a shorter duration (i.e. 2-3 seconds instead of 5-6 seconds) because of the increased vapor &/or throat hit?

Do you vape less often because more vapor= more nic?

which atomizers do you prefer? Do GC cartz tolerate the higher voltage well? I've heard 510's burn up quickly; 801 has cooler vapor; 801 w/BE112 is best; 901 has more flavor?
(A few months ago big D told me he prefers the 801 atty @5V, but maybe that's changed.?)

How does the throat hit differ from 3.7V? Is it about the same or significantly stronger at 5V? harsh at 6V? I know the juice used will factor in here, just don't want it to knock me on my ....!

I'm not even going to ask about batteries, all the talk about model numbers and volts and watts and amps and mah all confuse the be-jeesus out of me! :cry: (girl-brain syndrome, sad but true) :cry:

OK crunch I wont mention my hv that I am using here but atm rocking a 510 3.7 and 6v.

I have not tried 5v but would love to since I hear the sweet spot for the 510 is there.
I have 810s and adapter in route and should be here tomorrow.

If you think the hv juice is amazing on 3.7 long burns TRUST me you have not gotten the full picture. It is fogbank city. Even Drew's regular juice preforms rather well on 6v.

I do notice muting on the subtle flavors increased bottom note but that was the mocha tobacco. The Cubans I have, they have been loving either voltage but almost 180 on the flavors 6v. More tobacco fruit is less.

I have been punishing this atty for 2 weeks not varying volts and the 2-4 second rule is true at higher volts.

youtubecommercial

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2009
Florida
The higher the voltage the hotter the vape for sure ... using a 801 will get the flavor better than any other atty at 6V and higher
a 510 and 901 on 5V and less is great!!
I get clouds of vapor on the mods even the 3.7 mods but the green cig also had clouds of vapor (cool) I use the GC on all my mods and find using them with the 3.7V on them makes a great experience with a 3.7V 18650 3000 Mah (I know I know you didn't want to talk about that .... lol) anyway you can get a all day great flavor high vapor experience. Its hard to explain because every mod is not alike they do all vape different but changing the atty, battery, juice, will all change the way they vape ... :)

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Proud Owner of:
Prodigy, Protégé, PS PT, 3 Chucks Thagbuilt.com, GGT, Silver Bullet, Vapre51, ScrewDriver, 901 Copper, RN4081 Copper, DSE905 MOD, Magnum, 2 button multi volt Detonator, Adaptever, GG Slim, SteamPunk, 901 Box Mod, 510 PCC, 808 PCC, ect..

And she SHOULD KNOW!!

LMAO!! I think once you've tried a mod with big boy batts - you don't want to go back to standard batts...

Once you try 3.7... no less is acceptable. I think with 5 volts it's very similar... If you get used to that it would be hard to find 3.7 satisfying.

I've never tried 6 cuz I don't want to get hooked on that ;) I did try 5 and decided pronto to stick with that so I had room to move up if I felt the need later...

It's been over 120 days on 3.7 and once that Xhaler is in my hands I will give the 5 a whirl again... Hope I don't get too spoiled!!

I will say that I have tried the 401, 801 (BE112 technically), 901 and 510's... I gravitated back to the 801. I do not need the warm vapor but I love the clouds and flavor from the 801 or BE112... It is my daily driver, my main squeeze!!!! My sister laughs at my 801 as she thinks the 901 is the shizzit!! Yet another friend fell in love with the 510... I think it is very much a personal preference thing there.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I just started using 6v on a mod I made and did not care for the 510 atty on it. To me it gets the atty too hot too quick. I have been dripping on an 801 though and like it. It really makes the vapor warm. The vapor seems to me to be thicker and it only takes 2-3 seconds for this to happen instead of 5,6,8,11 seconds depending on what batt you are using. I look forward to trying the 510 and the 801 at 5v on the xhaler. I also should have some 901 attys here in the next couple days to try since I have never used a 901. One warning about the higher voltage. I normally vape 24mg all day but at 6v when I take 6-8 hits then I got a little woozy and know now why so many people lower their nicotine level when they go to high voltage pv's.

buttercrunch

ECF Veteran
    Aug 15, 2009
    Oregon
    I guess I will just have to try ALL the attys with ALL the batteries to find my own personal bliss-vape configuration.
    The only atty I don't have is the 801, but I'm sure Drew will hook me up. I can barely wait, I adore big plumes of vapor (I have one old beat up 510 atty that must be some kind of mutant because it gives me CRAZY clouds of vapor, and doesn't get hot like all my others, I love that atty!)
    I vape 0 nic DIY sometimes, but mostly I vape HV juices, sometimes with a little VG added. so nic overload shouldn't be a prob for me, I will dilute Drew's reg 24mg juices if I need to. As long as the throat hit isn't too harsh, I'm going to be doing the happy dance!!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread