Who do you think will create a wireless charging mod first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flavourchaser

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2018
I was thinking about this last night when I set my phone down on my wireless charging pad. I'm curious to see how long it takes for it to be implemented into mods. We already have voice control and touch screens and speakers in them now. Or will samsung come out with a Galaxy with a 510 on top of it. Maybe smok will start making phones next. It seems like a silly idea, but Chinese companies are sure heading in that direction in my opinion.

Not viable especially for bigger batteries. IF they do try it the mod would heat up also the batteries would heat up which is not good. Also it would be too slow of a charge. Thirdly most mods do a poor job at balance charging as it is.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Wireless has its limitations. Inductive coupling can only provide a given amount of power. I just threw away a cheap Merkury contact charger I bought at Steinmart for $12.99.

It worked fine at first on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, but after a few months it started refusing to charge unless I unplugged and replugged the USB cable. It was either the cable or the charger jack. The cable works fine on everything else.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Wireless charging tech as it stands is good in a public access environment like a cafe or an office where you have equipment from multiple vendors that need easy charging with a single interface. The entire tabletop could be a big wireless charger for instance.
For individual home use, I have the required extra two seconds needed to connect a USB cable. So I've never used one even though my last few phones have had the capability.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I am super happy with my new phone which is a MotoZ3 and it does not have a charging dock, well maybe it does, but I charged it up yesterday afternoon and it was still at 93% just now. I have received 2 calls from it, one from the husband, one from the kid.

It has mandatory stuff like a fingerprint and etc. (I don't know that to be fact, it may have been a case of the husband shoving tech on me because he also said, "I don't fear you killing any phone but I do fear what will happen when you WALK AWAY from it." LOL)

Mainly I love that my first two calls were from my favorite people. I'm sure Anne will be calling me soon, but I think her move from Rhode Island to Minnesota has been delayed by inclement weather. (Anne is my husband's ex and she calls me all the time pretending to be a bot, and trying to sell me car insurance. She's quite the stalker.)

However the thing I like most is not having my battery die two hours into some errandz. Charging is important, although I kind of a agree that wireless may be unnecessary. Also, I know how to get the most out of a cellphone apparently the Verizon dude looked really astonished to see me and especially with the amount of bravado with which I turned down a screen protector.

Anna

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I use wireless charging on my Samsung Galaxy S7. It's good and works well. The reason I use it is because I don't want to wear out or damage the micro usb port on my phone(known to happen), which I only use for uploading music or ring tones on my Phone. Though I rarely do.
While I have heard of many USB port failures, I've been using USB since the late 90's with USB v1.1. And not a single failure yet. But you don't need a USB port for transferring music or ringtones. As you can use WiFi Apps to do the transfer wirelessly too.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
A couple years ago I was going to buy the indocile from stranger mods which offered QI charging, but the pad or whatever the mechanism is to charge was on the side of mod, which made it stick out and a bit wider then I prefered. They now make the minuta which is streamlined and very nice, but i believe done without the wireless charging and very expensive. there is the minuta gt a pure work of art and beautiful .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread