Who has the PCC, for the janty? Is it worth purchasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Hi Goldengirl,

I have the PCC for my 510. Whether it is worth the expense depends on your needs. I do a lot of traveling by automobile and the portable charging system helps me quite a bit. My kit came with a cable that allows charging by USB and car cigarette lighter. The PCC will charge up to 4 batteries using it's built-in battery. If you don't need these capabilities then it may not be worth it to you.

Kevin

effigi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
I bought one about a week ago. I bring it to work and carry it in my pocket so that i can swing outside from time to time and vape. It works perfectly for me. It charges the battery before i use it (fresh batts are nice) and works as a nice carrying case as well. The case is very durable and a perfect grab-n-go. For me, it is a must have for my long and busy days away from home and reliable power sources. :D

Last edited:

ruuku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2009
Honolulu, Hawaii
I find the stock batteries don't have nearly the same capacity as my other units or the current draw of the 510 is so great that the battery does not last that long. The PCC ensures that I have a fully charged battery at all times. If the 510 is your only unit, or your favorite vape then I HIGHLY recommend it, plus the price point really isn't that bad considering its the equivalent is 4 batteries.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    Another PCC owner chiming in.
    I'm happy with it. At home, I use my USB passthrough, but as stated, the batteries at best last a few hours (manuals..the autos = garbage, IMO, at least mine were..). I *did* have a nit initially with the PCC, in that it *required* you to disassemble your cart and atty, but it doesn't, there's a single slot for battery, a pair of slots towards the back for carts, then the 'middle front' slot is longer, will take a cart + atty combo...ironically, the one or two videos I've seen all say the 'left slot' is for the atty..it's not, here.

Manual batteries work fine, there's a small groove in the battery slot. If you have an older one, you can easily cut the groove yourself.

It does charge a battery at least 5 or so times before needing charging itself, so for on the go/mobile, but not needing days worth of carts, it rocks :)

effigi

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 1, 2009
    Columbus, Ohio
    How does the size compare to a box of cigarettes? Bigger, smaller, or about the same?

I guess the what I'm really asking is whether it fits comfortably in a front jeans/pants pocket, for anyone that carries it that way...

Thanks,
    Tim

I carry mine in my front pants pocket for 12 hours shifts at work. (Warehouse type setting) I barely notice it is there. Perfect fit, a little taller than a box of analogs, and a bit less wide. About the same depth..

GreySaber

ECF Veteran
    May 6, 2009
    Savannah, Ga
    I don't have a 510.... I'm confused about this thing.... Can anyone help me understand? As I understand it, it's a portable charger and you can plug four batteries into it to charge simaltanious....

Can you plug it into the wall and use it as a wall charger.... Er, as a wall charger for four batteries, not for itself....

What will it hold 'as a carring case? It is suppose tobe that too, right?

It works wtih all models of 510?

wegster

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    My PCC (bought from TW) does indeed have a 'slot' in the battery hole, works fine on manual batteries. If you get an older style, you can easily take it apart and cut the slot yourself.

Yes, it can also work as a 'wall charger', plug it in to USB, and let it charge the battery inside as well.

It holds:
    1 battery
    1 atomizer with cart/mouthpiece
    2 spare carts.

I do wish it held another battery, but I can cope with it for now :)

Sizewise, it's about 1/4" longer than a pack of 100 analogs, 3/8" less in depth, and around 2/3rds the width of a pack of normal smokes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread