The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BigPappa, Jan 10, 2020.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    I am just curious... Who here is not stocking up on a lifetime supply of nic and hardware before the May 2020 deadline? And why not? Do you plan to quit vaping? Do you plan on going back to cigarettes? Do you plan on just vaping whatever three or four hunks of junk (i.e. nJoy or Blu type) tobacco flavored garbage the FDA approves?

And if May 2020 wasn't enough of a reason, are you not worried about other things like the bill on the floor to add $2,780 in taxes per 1 liter of 100mg nic?

• Like Like x 15
  2. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I'm about half way through my liter of nic, am using a couple of beater mods I've had for a while, and have about a pocket full of usable tanks.

To me, it's not worth the stress. I've enjoyed the ride so far, but whatever happens will happen and I have comfort in knowing I won't be alone.

• Like x 14
    • Agree x 3
    • Love x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  3. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Same as smacuser. Probably less. F'em. Ain't letting the Gov mess with me.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. AngeNZ

AngeNZ Lunatic ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    There's plenty of us international vapers, who call ECF home :wub: I'm from New Zealand.

So I'm not in panic mode, and I'm not stocking up.

However tanks to shinyitis I have plenty of regulated and unregulated mods, lots of RTAs and even more RDAs ;)

The only thing I'm concerned about is quality 100mg nicotine base. Our local supplies are sourced from USA and Europe. So I am making the most of its current pricing and buying in extra.

• Like Like x 18
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Love Love x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    Yeah... Lol that question was intended for US users obviously.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    In my opinion not stocking up now leads to a lot more Gov messing with me in the future, not sure how that statement makes any sense.

Imagine it's gun control and you want a gun but there's new restrictions and you say "I'm just going to get one later when it's harder because I'm not letting the Gov mess with me."

Not knocking you for not stocking up that's your choice but that choice inherently let's the Gov mess with you.

*edited*

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I’m stocked, but three vapers I know are not going to bother. One has already quit vaping, and I think started smoking again. My SIL is too cheap to spend up front. And I doubt she believes the ban is coming. She says she’ll worry about it IF it happens, but she’s ready to quit anyway. Another guy says he’ll quit vaping if the ban happens, too. They’re all just going to roll over and take it lying down. All of them, I guarantee, will be smoking within a week. It’s terribly discouraging. Part of me wishes I could grab a few things for them, but I really don’t have the cash or space for nic for 4 people, and I also sort of feel like they made their beds, let them lie in them.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love Love x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Paragraph #2, you insulted me. S'up dat dude? I simply stated my choice a answered the thread.

• Like Like x 4
  9. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    No one gets out alive ;)

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 6
    • Love Love x 1
  10. Territoo

Territoo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I stocked up once in the past for a ban that never happened and ended up with a stash of obsolete stuff. I dont have the cash or the space to do it again. I bought one extra liter of nic and if that isn't enough I'll take it asa sign that it's time to call it quits.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  11. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    If I insulted you it was unintentional, I was just trying to draw a comparison. I edited out the part that I thought you found insulting.

• Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  12. JustWondering1

JustWondering1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2015
    I've got the same situation with my sister-in-law. She stocked up on juice when the flavor ban reared its ugly head, but now she thinks she doesn't have anything to worry about. I've given her the facts and I've told her how I am stocking up, but I don't want to push her any more than I already have. I think she thinks I'm overreacting in a big way. Once May 12 arrives and she is in trouble, I'll help her as much as I can with hardware and nic, but the supply is limited and it is primarily for me.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    That's true, but I'd prefer to avoid suffering in the meanwhile. Hence !#Ω#!

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I expect to be a life long vaper so I'm mixing and rebuilding and have a supply of nic, atomizers and mods. There is one oher person I mix for. I can't get him to buy more hardware, a problem because I will share with him if necessary. I'll probably buy some extra hardware for that contingency.

I'm surprised at how many vapers say they'll stop vaping. I quit cold turkey and relapsed after 10 years. That's not an unusual story. That won't happen again as long as I'm vaping.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Love Love x 1
  15. smacuser

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    I think I smell something.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. GOMuniEsq

GOMuniEsq Self-Proclaimed Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I encountered one smoothbrain on r/electronic_cigarette and his thinking went like this:
    I think at this point most of the folks who haven't adapted are ready to be culled. This forum has gone downhill since all the last-minute-Charlies started posting all their "is it worth it" threads.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I expect he did not get good grades in math.

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  18. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Winner winner chicken dinner.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Rule #1 of prepping: Never let people around you know you're a prepper.

Rule #2 of prepping: See rule #1.

Last Rule prepping: See rule #2.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 5
  20. bnrkwest

bnrkwest ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I think stocking up has it's rewards if a person does not want government interference in their vape lifestyle. That is where I am at. I love vaping and will never smoke again, so for me stocking up was my only option because I do not want to quit and I do not want to smoke. I am glad I stocked up :)

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3