Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
I am just curious... Who here is not stocking up on a lifetime supply of nic and hardware before the May 2020 deadline? And why not? Do you plan to quit vaping? Do you plan on going back to cigarettes? Do you plan on just vaping whatever three or four hunks of junk (i.e. njoy or Blu type) tobacco flavored garbage the FDA approves?

And if May 2020 wasn't enough of a reason, are you not worried about other things like the bill on the floor to add $2,780 in taxes per 1 liter of 100mg nic?

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    I'm about half way through my liter of nic, am using a couple of beater mods I've had for a while, and have about a pocket full of usable tanks.

To me, it's not worth the stress. I've enjoyed the ride so far, but whatever happens will happen and I have comfort in knowing I won't be alone.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    There's plenty of us international vapers, who call ECF home :wub: I'm from New Zealand.

So I'm not in panic mode, and I'm not stocking up.

However tanks to shinyitis I have plenty of regulated and unregulated mods, lots of RTAs and even more RDAs ;)

The only thing I'm concerned about is quality 100mg nicotine base. Our local supplies are sourced from USA and Europe. So I am making the most of its current pricing and buying in extra.

BigPappa

Ultra Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    There's plenty of us international vapers, who call ECF home :wub: I'm from New Zealand.

So I'm not in panic mode, and I'm not stocking up.

However tanks to shinyitis I have plenty of regulated and unregulated mods, lots of RTAs and even more RDAs ;)

The only thing I'm concerned about is quality 100mg nicotine base. Our local supplies are sourced from USA and Europe. So I am making the most of its current pricing and buying in extra.
    Yeah... Lol that question was intended for US users obviously.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Same as smacuser. Probably less. F'em. Ain't letting the Gov mess with me.

In my opinion not stocking up now leads to a lot more Gov messing with me in the future, not sure how that statement makes any sense.

Imagine it's gun control and you want a gun but there's new restrictions and you say "I'm just going to get one later when it's harder because I'm not letting the Gov mess with me."

Not knocking you for not stocking up that's your choice but that choice inherently let's the Gov mess with you.

*edited*

Last edited:

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    I’m stocked, but three vapers I know are not going to bother. One has already quit vaping, and I think started smoking again. My SIL is too cheap to spend up front. And I doubt she believes the ban is coming. She says she’ll worry about it IF it happens, but she’s ready to quit anyway. Another guy says he’ll quit vaping if the ban happens, too. They’re all just going to roll over and take it lying down. All of them, I guarantee, will be smoking within a week. It’s terribly discouraging. Part of me wishes I could grab a few things for them, but I really don’t have the cash or space for nic for 4 people, and I also sort of feel like they made their beds, let them lie in them.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    In my opinion not stocking up now leads to a lot more Gov messing with me in the future, not sure how that statement makes any sense.

Imagine it's gun control and you want a gun but there's new restrictions and you say "I'm just going to get one later when it's harder because I'm not letting the Gov mess with me." See how little sense that makes?

Not knocking you for not stocking up that's your choice but that choice inherently let's the Gov mess with you.
    Paragraph #2, you insulted me. S'up dat dude? I simply stated my choice a answered the thread.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I stocked up once in the past for a ban that never happened and ended up with a stash of obsolete stuff. I dont have the cash or the space to do it again. I bought one extra liter of nic and if that isn't enough I'll take it asa sign that it's time to call it quits.

Haktuspit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Paragraph #2, you insulted me. S'up dat dude? I simply stated my choice a answered the thread.

If I insulted you it was unintentional, I was just trying to draw a comparison. I edited out the part that I thought you found insulting.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 29, 2015
    I’m stocked, but three vapers I know are not going to bother. One has already quit vaping, and I think started smoking again. My SIL is too cheap to spend up front. And I doubt she believes the ban is coming. She says she’ll worry about it IF it happens, but she’s ready to quit anyway. Another guy says he’ll quit vaping if the ban happens, too. They’re all just going to roll over and take it lying down. All of them, I guarantee, will be smoking within a week. It’s terribly discouraging. Part of me wishes I could grab a few things for them, but I really don’t have the cash or space for nic for 4 people, and I also sort of feel like they made their beds, let them lie in them.

I've got the same situation with my sister-in-law. She stocked up on juice when the flavor ban reared its ugly head, but now she thinks she doesn't have anything to worry about. I've given her the facts and I've told her how I am stocking up, but I don't want to push her any more than I already have. I think she thinks I'm overreacting in a big way. Once May 12 arrives and she is in trouble, I'll help her as much as I can with hardware and nic, but the supply is limited and it is primarily for me.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 12, 2014
    I expect to be a life long vaper so I'm mixing and rebuilding and have a supply of nic, atomizers and mods. There is one oher person I mix for. I can't get him to buy more hardware, a problem because I will share with him if necessary. I'll probably buy some extra hardware for that contingency.

I'm surprised at how many vapers say they'll stop vaping. I quit cold turkey and relapsed after 10 years. That's not an unusual story. That won't happen again as long as I'm vaping.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    I encountered one smoothbrain on r/electronic_cigarette and his thinking went like this:
    1 liter of 100mg in PG for $50 or a gallon of 3mg premixed VG for $35.

Eventually I am going to end up with some flavorless, just not sure how much work I want to put into it. premixed 3mg and drip in some flavor sounds easier than cutting 100 down to 3mg.

I think at this point most of the folks who haven't adapted are ready to be culled. This forum has gone downhill since all the last-minute-Charlies started posting all their "is it worth it" threads.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Imagine it's gun control and you want a gun but there's new restrictions and you say "I'm just going to get one later when it's harder because I'm not letting the Gov mess with me."

*edited*

Winner winner chicken dinner.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I think stocking up has it's rewards if a person does not want government interference in their vape lifestyle. That is where I am at. I love vaping and will never smoke again, so for me stocking up was my only option because I do not want to quit and I do not want to smoke. I am glad I stocked up :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread