Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I stocked up once in the past for a ban that never happened and ended up with a stash of obsolete stuff.

There's no such thing as obsolete vape gear if you stock up on the right stuff and you don't give-in to pressure from the industry and from other vapers who tell you that you have to "upgrade".

If it vapes and you have the supplies to keep it vapin', it ain't obsolete, and ef anyone who tries to tell you it is. :D

Ain't letting the Gov mess with me.

Exactly...that's why I stocked up. ;) I am now a "free bird".

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I expect he did not get good grades in math.
    Spending maybe around $100 but probably less for an end result of at least 30 liters may be a bit more work, just a bit, is way more practical in the long run than spending $35 for less than 4 liters of pre-mix. It would suck though to not mind having to do the little bit of extra 'work', and maybe even looking forward to it, but not being able to meet that $35 mark, which would put a $100 mark way out of reach.. I don't think that's the reddit posters case though..

G and C

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 3, 2014
    California
    I have to think that at some point in time, someone is going to recognize the fact that there is a market for higher end vape gear than will be released by the NJOYs of the world and will buy into the governments plan to supply it. It will come at a significantly higher cost than is available now, but I do think that it will be available.

That being said, I am most definitely stocking up to avoid those much, much higher price tags. But if my stock falls short, I am confident that I won't be stuck with the choice between crappy vape gear and quitting.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2018
    safe distance from a black hole
    I dont live in the US, but I prep'd anyway. The Au gov is full of useless, lying, self serving, corrupt, untrustworthy low lifes, just like all govs.

Ive prep'd in two ways.
    First prep was to make sure I had enough nic and hardware.
    2nd prep is to make sure I dont need it.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I'm not in panic mode (except for nic... messed up and got 48 mg because it was worked for my MTL juices... that might come back and bite me in the ars) Need to get some 100 mg while it's cheap. I have got a few RTAs and stocked up on as many drop-in coils as I can, but I have no budget so I find the best clearance deals I can. Still a few months to get my sh*t together... come March or April I will go into total panic mode (but, on a sidenote... might be some crazy good clearance sales... who knows) Look at what's happening with flavor pods... half price everywhere, so in a way, it the best time to stock up! My personal feelings... this all sucks and I'm ...... off as hell.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Know the difference between beer nuts and deer nuts? Beer nuts are 2 or 3 dollars a pack, and deer nuts are under a buck..

Gave you a "funny" cuzza I couldn't find the GROAN icon! :lol:

ppeeble

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 9, 2013
    Poole UK
    I bought 6 litres of nicotine around 3 years ago (stored in freezer) and have been working my way through it ever since - for me and and for making friends their liquids. I did this because of the European Tobacco Products Directive limiting commercial nic base to a maximum of 2% (and 10ml). Am now down to my last litre and so started looking for more supplies. Was shocked to find that the price of nic has trebled in that time.
    I can only conclude that anyone not stocking up now either plans to quit vaping, has a lot more spare money than me or is woefully ignorant of the ramifications.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I'm in the I've stocked up all I can afford category..

This is somewhere in between "stocked up" and "not stocked up enough", however it's what the wallet can afford.

I plan on a little more, yet at this point any further items will wait until late April if at all, and other than that I fully intend we will run into the need for more vape gear somewhere along the lines and am hoping that whether it be illegal shipments or black market, we will be okay until we're dead.

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I'm about half way through my liter of nic, am using a couple of beater mods I've had for a while, and have about a pocket full of usable tanks.

To me, it's not worth the stress. I've enjoyed the ride so far, but whatever happens will happen and I have comfort in knowing I won't be alone.
    don't know smac.......when the nic is gone and you are jonsing......are you giving up the nic? or gonna smoke again? I don't see much comfort in wanting to bite someones head off when you are craving your nic, but hey to each their own.

ps. I don't find having the things I like to vape with in multiples stressful at all, I find that very comforting to know I am preserving my future and can still turn my nose up at those stinky cigarettes

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I just ordered a liter of nicotine. Next paycheck, another liter. 100mg/ml should do it but now I'm wondering if I should have ordered 250mg/ml instead? Seems I would use less of the 250mg at a time therefore making the liter stretch twice as far. Any thoughts?

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I started prepping in 2016. Even if the sword fell tomorrow, I’d feel comfy about my long term Vape future, probably better than about my long term health. I’ll still pick up good stuff on sale and I’m mostly buying for quality now not quantity, but I’m really done. I’m sure there are others in the same position, and I’m grateful I don’t have to scramble to protect myself from governmental overreach.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I have to think that at some point in time, someone is going to recognize the fact that there is a market for higher end vape gear than will be released by the NJOYs of the world and will buy into the governments plan to supply it. It will come at a significantly higher cost than is available now, but I do think that it will be available.

That being said, I am most definitely stocking up to avoid those much, much higher price tags. But if my stock falls short, I am confident that I won't be stuck with the choice between crappy vape gear and quitting.

911.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread