Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Shcherbina

Mar 7, 2020
United Kingdom
What company does lab testing? None. That is was a ridiculous question. Flavoring is used for many other purposes than vaping. Obviously you didn't know that.

yes , they DO. 12 monkeys do. tha t s why i buy that in 99% of time. that s why I stay away from stuff that is cheap and has an artificial taste.

flavorings are used for other purposes. and that s why they are tested. or u think that they don t test? if they don t it s illegal to put it in your food.

take for example vitamin e acetate. illegal in the eu , permitted by the fda in the usa. therefore I stay away from most usa products. canada for example has different standards , higher ones , hence I mainly buy canadian made liquids. because they are more trustworthy that usa ones.

look at this... lol... is the regulation for safety that bad in the us? that you don t even take into consideration basics like test labs?

https://7611ec95-01bd-44c9-83ee-a05...d/f13aa1_52c84f7195ea4af990756d97d7659290.pdf

Reactions: Jebbn

Shcherbina

Mar 7, 2020
United Kingdom
Reactions: Jebbn

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
yes , they DO. 12 monkeys do. tha t s why i buy that in 99% of time. that s why I stay away from stuff that is cheap and has an artificial taste.

flavorings are used for other purposes. and that s why they are tested. or u think that they don t test? if they don t it s illegal to put it in your food.

take for example vitamin e acetate. illegal in the eu , permitted by the fda in the usa. therefore I stay away from most usa products. canada for example has different standards , higher ones , hence I mainly buy canadian made liquids. because they are more trustworthy that usa ones.

look at this... lol... is the regulation for safety that bad in the us? that you don t even take into consideration basics like test labs?

https://7611ec95-01bd-44c9-83ee-a05...d/f13aa1_52c84f7195ea4af990756d97d7659290.pdf
Ok troll. Whatever you say.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON

Vitamin E Acetate was not permitted by the FDA. It was used in an illicit market. No nicotine based e-juice has used Vit E Acetate – at least ones outside black markets (which is still unknown).

If interested in DIY, many flavour companies publicly post the components used within their flavourings. TFA and Capella are 2 popular ones that come to mind. Those that do not publicly post, must provide the component list upon request. So if you have concerns, send the company an email and request their MSDS or COA documentation on the flavouring you are inquiring about. They MUST comply! If not, do not use their flavouring. Thousands of flavourings to choose from.

ELR (eliquid recipes DOT com) is also a great source.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I never had my cigarettes tested, and I bet you didn't either. So I'll take my chances on something that is pretty much guaranteed to have less harmful chemicals.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana

All the flavorings for sale here have been certified by the FDA as safe for use in food. However none have been certified as safe for inhalation. As far as I know that is true across the world. There are no flavorings anywhere certified as safe for inhalation. The one possible exception is menthol which I think was tested and certified because of its use in cigarettes.

Not sure what you are looking for.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
All the flavorings for sale here have been certified by the FDA as safe for use in food. However none have been certified as safe for inhalation. As far as I know that is true across the world. There are no flavorings anywhere certified as safe for inhalation.
"Certified" safe for inhalation by a bunch of government bureaucrats? Nope. However as noted by Classwife about a half dozen posts up, one flavor manufacturer has done extensive safety testing.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
"Certified" safe for inhalation by a bunch of government bureaucrats? Nope. However as noted by Classwife about a half dozen posts up, one flavor manufacturer has done extensive safety testing.

Gotcha. I missed that post. Think my eyes glazed over to protect my brain. Way too much science there for me.

The only research I've seen previously that was based on exposing cells to vape related substances didn't work out too well for us. I think it involved using massive quantities of chemicals and showing some cell change that was seen as negative.

Good for them for doing it.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
Im not stocking up, just got to pay a lil more to buy from uk, like el toro eliquid back in the days.
I have enough mods. Those who want to continue vaping will, as long as we have sites like ecf, uk vapers, vapepit, vu, etc. But to be honest Ive been getting tierd of the whole mess. Vaping is an addiction just like any other and at one point we're going to have to quit, I guess. I dont think Ill go back to smoking but if i do it was ment to be, it is what it is. At this point in my life I dont feel like speding thousands just to vape. I have a son thats graduating H.S. and going straight to college in August, so that sums it up and puts things in perspective for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Shcherbina

Mar 7, 2020
United Kingdom
Im not stocking up, just got to pay a lil more to buy from uk, like el toro eliquid back in the days.
I have enough mods. Those who want to continue vaping will, as long as we have sites like ecf, uk vapers, vapepit, vu, etc. But to be honest Ive been getting tierd of the whole mess. Vaping is an addiction just like any other and at one point we're going to have to quit, I guess. I dont think Ill go back to smoking but if i do it was ment to be, it is what it is. At this point in my life I dont feel like speding thousands just to vape. I have a son thats graduating H.S. and going straight to college in August, so that sums it up and puts things in perspective for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

ban on flavored e liquid surely must not apply to mods and coils , etc...?!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Vaping is an addiction just like any other and at one point we're going to have to quit
What do you mean, "We"?

I dont think Ill go back to smoking but if i do it was ment to be, it is what it is. At this point in my life I dont feel like speding thousands just to vape.
You realize that if you go back to smoking, you'll end up spending many thousands more than if set yourself up with the supplies needed to vape for many decades, right? Oh, and if done wisely, the stuff needed to vape "forever" can be had for less than $1000. Now consider the annual cost of a pack-a-day habit in NYC...

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
ban on flavored e liquid surely must not apply to mods and coils , etc...?!
Anything vape-related that hasn't had a PMTA filed by May 12th cannot legally be marketed in the USA after that date. Whether it's flavored or not is irrelevant. Yes, this includes mods, coils, tanks, etc. Preparing a PMTA is estimated to cost in the low to mid six figures per item, and there is no guarantee that the FDA will approve anyone's application.

Of course the real unknown is what enforcement will look like...

Shcherbina

Mar 7, 2020
United Kingdom
What if u sell a mod with a flashlight head? that is just a battery holder for a torch?

I mean , the mod bit can be used for a variety of applications. you can even use it to heat up a coil to light your cigarette. therefore an electric lighter...

damn... big tobacco has huge power in the us. super big... just makes no sense to ban e cigs but still allow analogs.

i m sure china will send directly to your house even after the ban. they just don t give a rats ... about legislation anyway.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL

Every SDS I've seen is vastly different. I used to be able to get them for the Hangsen flavors I used, and they actually gave you the ingredients & surprisingly, even the actual recipe. Here's their Tab Blended, which I used to use:
upload_2020-3-10_10-37-5.png

FlavourArt Soho gave very little info - just this, flammability, first aid, and other meaningless stuff:
upload_2020-3-10_10-38-25.png

The report you linked is interesting in that it's testing for the specific compounds the many bogus studies warned about (not that they're not unimportant, just that they used faulty science). Funny that it gives the device and inhalation data, but not even the wattage or temp, since that was part of the problem with the earlier studies.

Reactions: bnrkwest

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2016
I have 5 Geekvape Aegis 100w, 2 in everyday use and 3 new and 25 coils for them in stock. I also have a istick Pico laying around with several coils. And some old Mini Protanks somewhere. I’m going to order a liter of 100 mg nic to freeze just in case. I said I’m not stocking up but I guess I am.

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
I have 5 Geekvape Aegis 100w, 2 in everyday use and 3 new and 25 coils for them in stock. I also have a istick Pico laying around with several coils. And some old Mini Protanks somewhere. I’m going to order a liter of 100 mg nic to freeze just in case. I said I’m not stocking up but I guess I am.

I'd suggest adding a few rebuildable attys to that list. A lifetime supply of drop-in coils is mucho expensive!

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2016
I'd suggest adding a few rebuildable attys to that list. A lifetime supply of drop-in coils is mucho expensive!
One of the Geekvape Cerberus tanks has been running the same coil since 10/4/19 without a sign of giving up, in use every day with 100s of hits per. My rookie brain do not know what “attys” means

Reactions: bnrkwest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread