The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who here is not stocking up in preparation for the May 12th, 2020 Deadline?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BigPappa, Jan 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Don29palms

Don29palms Moved On ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    attys = atomizers

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. UncleJunkle

UncleJunkle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 29, 2010
    Atty = atomizer.

That's a long time to run a factory coil or any coil for that matter. Impressive. However, it may not be wise to vape a coil that long. But I'm not saying there is, just a possibility.

BTW: That Cerberus tank takes the Ijoy EXO-S RBA. Basically turns your tank into an RTA (rebuildable tank). If you're into building your own coils, that's a good way to go. That RBA section is available on an Amazon seller in a 5-pack. Just search Amazon for "EXO-S RBA". Rebuilding isn't for everyone, but it's a really cheap way to vape and stock up. No need to stock up on wire and cotton, that stuff will be available no matter what. You get a few RBA sections, coil them and wick them, then you can carry them in a baggie or whatever just like you might carry around spare factory coils. Except a ton cheaper.

• Like Like x 4
  3. DDDWho

DDDWho Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 13, 2016
    I’m going to order a liter of 100mg nic not necessarily to use right away, just to have in case of a ban or huge tax. I read the thread on freezing but in lieu of that I would like to put the sealed plastic bottle in the fridge. What is the shelf life doing it thataway?

• Like Like x 1
  4. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    You can't trust plastic for long-term storage. Not even so-called "food-safe" plastics. Your best bet is going to be glass...in the freezer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    WOW! I guess I need to rebuild all my attys. I have quite a few that have coils that are much older than that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    But yours are self-built/self-wicked coils, right? You probably rewick them more often than once very month and dry burn/clean those coils. The context in my reply was to factory coils (which I assumed the OP is using and not an RBA). They get gunked up just like any coil, but you can't really clean the gunk and dry burn. You can clean them a bit in an ultrasonic cleaner, but not to the extent you can clean a self-built, self-wicked coil. Context is everything.

• Like Like x 2
  7. NCC

NCC Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Fla Panhandle, USA
    I'd guess at least a year after your electric power goes out, maybe longer.

Oops, I overlooked the fact that your liquid is presently in plastic, sorry.
    Yes, for long term storage it should be transfered to glass.
    A year or so in plastic, especially in cold storage is fine. If you're talking about decades, definitely glass.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Don29palms

Sep 12, 2014
    joshua tree, ca
    Sorry. I miss understood when you said "factory coil or any coil for that matter."

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    I saw that statement and was going to mention my roughly year old coils I still have in rotation. Not used daily but at least a day or two a week, sometimes more. And they are still going strong.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    Yes, I meant that for the "impressive" part of my blurb. But I should have typed...

"That's a long time to run a factory coil or any coil for that matter. Impressive. However, it may not be wise to vape a factory coil that long. But I'm not saying there is, just a possibility."

...instead, however I decided to save ECF a few bit and bytes on their bandwidth bill by eliminating 7 characters from my post.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BigPappa

BigPappa Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Fort Myers, FL
    He probably vapes unflavored... I can get well over 6 months out of certain coils and that's without cleaning... (my desk setup at 14 hrs a day. 450 long lung hits a day... stopped counting after 6 months but still going strong) nothing wrong with that.

But either way, he does not have a lifetime supply of coils with as many as he stated unless he is really really old... an rba would be some good insurance as would some glass and additional nic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Stockpiling is a waste of time..this has happened so many times in the past. If worst came to worst you could extract your own E liquid and build a mechanical mod from a place like radio shack for you usa people.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    I think you might be a bit behind the times. Radio Shack went bankrupt and closed all their stores some years ago.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. azzaman

azzaman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    @Rossum I am mate. Had been away for vaping for a few years..that was what everyone used to say with these pending deadlines. I need to get up to date..

• Like Like x 1
  15. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    I've accumulated quite a few mods and rebuildable tanks over the years. SS316 has so many uses that it will still be an Amazon staple. It's popular among those who do flower arrangements, for wire tying various things, and who knows what other uses it has. As long as my mods don't fail, I'm good for a while.

PG and VG are multi-use items. Lithium cells are used in flashlights, tools, and toys. Nic's in the freezer at 0 degrees F.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Opinionated

Opinionated ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Isnt it Flavorah that makes flavorings specific to vaping?

What the poster needs to know is what flavoring sellers will tell you, which flavors are water soluble and are acetoin and diacetyl free.

17. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    This one. I use it to mix juices after all the ingredients have been added. 15 seconds is generally enough. Move it up and down, but don't let the tip of the stirrer come out of the liquid or you'll get splatter. One of the stirrer tips fits most bottles (the white one with the Y tip), so you can mix and stir in the same vessel.

https://www.amazon.com/Norpro-Cordless-Mini-Mixer-Piece/dp/B000E39LYO/ref=sr_1_16?dchild=1&keywords=drink+stirrer+battery&qid=1584193129&sr=8-16

18. DaveP

Supporting member
    May 22, 2010
    Central GA
    Just thinking, but I have mods that are 10+ years old and they still work after being rotated around here and there. I keep buying Picos on sale. This week I bought my first pair of Pico 25's (85W max). I still have unused Pico's and a few other mods in the box in my vape cabinet.

It's a shame that teen vaping has caused restrictions on adult access to vaping hardware. It's funny that no one recommended a ban on alcohol to keep teens from drinking. Same with cigarettes. I guess politicians look out for their own habits while restricting others.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. UncleJunkle

Nov 29, 2010
    Glad to hear you bought the Pico 25. I think you'll be happy with them since you're already a fan of the Pico 75W.

Now you have to stock up on some 24/25mm RTAs :D

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zaryk

Zaryk Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2018
    Ohio
    Hot knives use all the types of wire we use in vaping. SS, Nichrome, K1... All of our wire will be available for the foreseeable future.

• Agree Agree x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.