Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I never heard that using MTL setups in TC causes formaldehyde until someone posted a colorful graph that was suggesting it. No reading comprehension required, you can just go look at the colors instead. :rolleyes:

TC doesn't cause formaldehyde, but it can be used to prevent it. From what I recall about the data behind that graph, it was wattage mode using thermocouples to measure the temp.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I suggest you go look at that colorful chart again instead. Nowhere does it state or imply that. Which I think is the problem. Perhaps you should consider it is possible that you're seeing something no one else does isn't because you know more, but perhaps because you were wrong and misinterpreted the information, chart, comment, or funny look incorrectly.
The reason why the graph itself neither states nor implies that is because the graph was blatantly ripped out of its original context, which was an unscientific hobby experiment that was based on an MTL setup used in TC.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dripster, and again, I am so not trolling you, there is this thing you do (we all kind of do) called mind bleed. It's when you look at a given set of facts/figures/posts and you have to sort of digest them somehow to get them in your head and etc. Then, you are also using what you know to extrapolate from what you have just read/experienced whatever.

And it can bring this lovely unique set of thoughts to the discussion, and it can be great.

However, it takes time, energy and a lot of thought to then explain your ideas in the context of what has come before, and how it will all work.

I would say, based on your posts, you spend about 15% (I am being nice and avoiding the 95% figure here, also charitable in my theoretical number here) of the time actually absorbing what came before, and then about 85% of the time regurgitating your own stuff.

It's why people say you don't listen. I genuinely am not trolling you, for example, I am the ONLY person on this thread trying to figure out... why you do what you do? Because I think you have a lot to offer, honestly, and when you are on target it's pretty great. But there are times when just everyone disagrees with you FOR REASONS and then you get defensive and it starts to really suck.

So, I'm just saying.... Some self-reflection and maybe reading through the thread might be good to see what goes wrong? Because I really like a lot of what you have to say.... Except when you go into Dripster R US mode where there is no actual meaningful communication going on.

Because really, I'm not trolling you and I am genuinely pointing out an issue that like, happens.

You can feel free to ignore me, but seriously, I do know. I have been there. Etc.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The reason why the graph itself neither states nor implies that is because the graph was blatantly ripped out of its original context, which was an unscientific hobby experiment that was based on an MTL setup used in TC.

I'm out of this conversation. Not one word that you wrote there is correct. The work was based on reproducing published scientific articles regarding the production of VOCs at varying temperatures under actual vape conditions with actual tanks not a lab modeled one conducted by a QC process engineer with lab grade equipment kindly loaned to him by his industrial lab employer.

Try working with facts, rather than alternative facts, and you might just reach a correct solution, which may well be a rare pleasant surprise for you.

And BTW, if the craziness you just posted happened to be true, you should he ecstatic as it would prove your mech based high wattage dl based vaping is the only way that's safe. Isn't that funny? All this effort just to undermine your own bizarre opinions.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2015
While I agree with this statement, it can also be said that there have been 0 studies of all that have been done that contradict the 95% claim. Even the studies where they overheated the juice far beyond what anyone would/could vape are still in the 90% safer range. Yet this fact is constantly withheld from the commentary on these reports.

Bottom line is bad news sells better than good news, but in the last couple of years the media coverage in the UK appears to have become more balanced with respect to vaping. I hope this continues. Public opinion seems to be gradually shifting. I just take each report with a grain of salt until I have looked into who commissioned it and what they have to gain or loose.

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Dripster, and again, I am so not trolling you, there is this thing you do (we all kind of do) called mind bleed. It's when you look at a given set of facts/figures/posts and you have to sort of digest them somehow to get them in your head and etc. Then, you are also using what you know to extrapolate from what you have just read/experienced whatever.

And it can bring this lovely unique set of thoughts to the discussion, and it can be great.

However, it takes time, energy and a lot of thought to then explain your ideas in the context of what has come before, and how it will all work.

I would say, based on your posts, you spend about 15% (I am being nice and avoiding the 95% figure here, also charitable in my theoretical number here) of the time actually absorbing what came before, and then about 85% of the time regurgitating your own stuff.

It's why people say you don't listen. I genuinely am not trolling you, for example, I am the ONLY person on this thread trying to figure out... why you do what you do? Because I think you have a lot to offer, honestly, and when you are on target it's pretty great. But there are times when just everyone disagrees with you FOR REASONS and then you get defensive and it starts to really suck.

So, I'm just saying.... Some self-reflection and maybe reading through the thread might be good to see what goes wrong? Because I really like a lot of what you have to say.... Except when you go into Dripster R US mode where there is no actual meaningful communication going on.

Because really, I'm not trolling you and I am genuinely pointing out an issue that like, happens.

You can feel free to ignore me, but seriously, I do know. I have been there. Etc.

Anna
I would say, based on your posts, you spend 0% of the time reading what I write and 100% trolling me by making it look like I wrote something completely opposite to what I factually did write. So yeah, definitely no actual meaningful communication going on.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014

Anna

77d232d353ca016df16c5f79605653bf4001f6fd2d94497184a356ede1e49f80.jpg

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
I'm out of this conversation. Not one word that you wrote there is correct. The work was based on reproducing published scientific articles regarding the production of VOCs at varying temperatures under actual vape conditions with actual tanks not a lab modeled one conducted by a QC process engineer with lab grade equipment kindly loaned to him by his industrial lab employer.

Try working with facts, rather than alternative facts, and you might just reach a correct solution, which may well be a rare pleasant surprise for you.

And BTW, if the craziness you just posted happened to be true, you should he ecstatic as it would prove your mech based high wattage dl based vaping is the only way that's safe. Isn't that funny? All this effort just to undermine your own bizarre opinions.
I'm happy for you that you're out of this conversation. Last time I checked, a QC process engineer was an engineer, i.e., not an actual scientist, therefore the word "unscientific" is still correct.

• Creative
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Okay: I am trolling you.

Could you please show your brain-work on that? Like, how exactly am I trolling you and what parts of your argument am I failing to understand? Could you please cite the actual facts/statements that lead you to that assertion?

Could you please cite areas of my communication where I make you sound as if you wrote "something completely opposite to what I actually did?"

If you feel I am somehow being misleading about your statements, I would like real, concrete tangible, fungible even STATEMENTS to support your assertions.

If you want to say the things you are saying, you need to connect them back to MY statements and MY words.

This is HOW logic works. If you would like to engage in a little logic exercise with me, I would love that, logic was my favorite philosophy class.

So you have two axioms:

A) I am trolling you
B) I am making you sound the complete opposite of what you actually wrote.

If you could just at the very least show me how the two axioms are CONNECTED, that may be easier than SUPPORTED, well there will be a good start.

Anna

Reactions: CMD-Ky

dripster

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2017
Belgium
Okay: I am trolling you.

Could you please show your brain-work on that? Like, how exactly am I trolling you and what parts of your argument am I failing to understand? Could you please cite the actual facts/statements that lead you to that assertion?

Could you please cite areas of my communication where I make you sound as if you wrote "something completely opposite to what I actually did?"

If you feel I am somehow being misleading about your statements, I would like real, concrete tangible, fungible even STATEMENTS to support your assertions.

If you want to say the things you are saying, you need to connect them back to MY statements and MY words.

This is HOW logic works. If you would like to engage in a little logic exercise with me, I would love that, logic was my favorite philosophy class.

So you have two axioms:

A) I am trolling you
B) I am making you sound the complete opposite of what you actually wrote.

If you could just at the very least show me how the two axioms are CONNECTED, that may be easier than SUPPORTED, well there will be a good start.

Anna
For starters, you and some others were trying to make it look like I disagree with the assertion that MTL can be the most viable choice to stop smoking. The reality is that my posts clearly show I don't disagree with that assertion at all, as I wrote that new vapers should try both MTL and DL if their aim is to find out which choice they prefer.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was like, "WHUT?"

Sky is still blue. Thank the heavens. I was like, "How would a person even LEGITIMATELY respond to that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????"

That doesn't mean that you are "correct" in your post, BTW, Dripster, it just means you have entered a kind of... unanswerable fog of..... .I don't even know.

Like, if you need the last word just say so. This is all getting a bit grim.... for you.

It reminds me of this novel I read once where this chick was doing experiments about dying and trying to figure out what happened and she wound up in her own experiment on this boat (maybe it was her BF that died?) this large like, Titanic style boat, and she couldn't get back, and then it sank and she thought "brain death" only she bobbed up on another smaller boat.

I wish I could remember the name of the book OR the author because it was somehow great and stuff.... But yeah, you are like at the end of that book, on the tiny boat, and no one really has a CLUE what is next... but something. Apparently.

I.Don't. Even.

My stupid coworker who SAID she would call "around 4" has not called. It is 4:30 and I HATE her because I actually WANT her input but I also wanted her to call during a WORK day and being THIS late is unacceptable.

Yes, dripster I am now just typing out my random thoughts like you do, and they are equally heinous I'm sure although frankly this post IS STILL more logical than the one you made. That was terrifying OMG don't EVER do it again.

Do you drive? We might need to get that revoked. Also, I don't think you should be jacking around with mechs either? What state do you live in (so I can avoid it)

MOST OF ALLL WHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTT?

Anna

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
For starters, you and some others were trying to make it look like I disagree with the assertion that MTL can be the most viable choice to stop smoking. The reality is that my posts clearly show I don't disagree with that assertion at all, as I wrote that new vapers should try both MTL and DL if their aim is to find out which choice they prefer.

2u0ioz.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I'm so glad I'm not the only one that was like, "WHUT?"

Sky is still blue. Thank the heavens. I was like, "How would a person even LEGITIMATELY respond to that post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????????????????????????????"

That doesn't mean that you are "correct" in your post, BTW, Dripster, it just means you have entered a kind of... unanswerable fog of..... .I don't even know.

Like, if you need the last word just say so. This is all getting a bit grim.... for you.

It reminds me of this novel I read once where this chick was doing experiments about dying and trying to figure out what happened and she wound up in her own experiment on this boat (maybe it was her BF that died?) this large like, Titanic style boat, and she couldn't get back, and then it sank and she thought "brain death" only she bobbed up on another smaller boat.

I wish I could remember the name of the book OR the author because it was somehow great and stuff.... But yeah, you are like at the end of that book, on the tiny boat, and no one really has a CLUE what is next... but something. Apparently.

I.Don't. EveN

I think I saw that, or something like that on Netflix. So she comes back to life but stayed too long on the dark side so returned as Satan and gave self help rallies in big stadiums. Now that I look back on it, there was at least a dash of logic in the storyline. Wish I could say the same here.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
So she comes back to life but stayed too long on the dark side so returned as Satan and gave self help rallies in big stadiums.

Do you mean Oprah?

Still at the end of this thread, I sort of feel like we all deserve a free car, type of thing. Mod of our choice. You know, etc LOL.
Anna

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Do you mean Oprah?

Still at the end of this thread, I sort of feel like we all deserve a free car, type of thing. Mod of our choice. You know, etc LOL.
Anna

Yeah... I know how you Feel. I'm kinda Done with this Thread.

It is just taking too much time Away from my Brainwashing of New Vapers into thinking that MTL is the Only way they can Quit Smoking.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I know dude... I have spent WAY too little time brainwashing new vapers.

I was trying to get Dripster brainwashed into some sanity but you DO know what they say.

You need a brain.... to wash.... For a successful brainwashing party.

It's a good think most new vapers are really open minded and usually smart enough to ask questions. I just get out my scientology cans and start the questions. You know, "Have you ever DL? Did you know it's a sin? Have you ever .........ed to the concept of DL, because that is an "out-thought" to you, and a danger, and I can bring you into the in-thinking of MTL for the low low price of this sci-fi novel and eventually we will be STEALTH MTLing on a DC-10 airplane but we are gonna call it a ROCKET ship. Etc."

Anna

Reactions: vapdivrr

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

It's a good think most new vapers are really open minded and usually smart enough to ask questions. I just get out my scientology cans and start the questions. You know, "Have you ever DL? Did you know it's a sin? Have you ever .........ed to the concept of DL, because that is an "out-thought" to you, and a danger, and I can bring you into the in-thinking of MTL for the low low price of this sci-fi novel and eventually we will be STEALTH MTLing on a DC-10 airplane but we are gonna call it a ROCKET ship. Etc."

Anna

All good Techniques Anna.

You might also try this one on those Hard to Convince, Quasi-Science Based, Newbies...

"I'm sure you have heard by now that Vaping is 95% Safer than Smoking? Right? Well have you Ever considered who might be in that 5% where Vaping is Worse than Smoking?

Yeah. You guessed it... DL. They are the Ones who make up that other 5%."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread