Who is out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
i still use my blu 100,s and come here to check on whats new with othe blu users. i do change off with my egos when my mood suits it. right now im useing my blu and my volt becuase i want more of an anolog feel. haveing a hard time getting off anologs, so im trying differant things.

After about a month I was able to vape full time with minimal craving, before that I was happy vaping but would have a cigarette if I was around them. But boy, to get off cigs I had to vape constantly! My poor blu batteries were put into overtime constantly being charged and depleted.

Good luck to you!

StartLifeEndLife

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Chicago
I love the blu flavors, blu would make a killing if they opened up for modders sold their juice for refills.

I'm pretty sure they make a killing now lol. By keeping their flavors proprietary they keep their newbies from upgrading because of the scary dilemma of finding a new juice they like with new hardware. They have a very smart business plan IMO. At 15 dollars in store for 5 prefilled cartos (just under 5 mL i think) and between 8 and 10 bucks online for the 5 cartos depending on quantity they make enough money to not have to sell juice by the bottle, which is unfortunate.

This is why I think the best thing for a blu user to do is find a new juice they like and then refill the blu cartos, or get blank 510 cartos...then if they find the battery life limiting or the sensitivity on the auto fire too annoying upgrading is that much easier.

Still though, the blu puts out the vapor and nic and is a good solution for light vapors, but i became a heavy vapor in the first week lol.

JZXJ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2012
St. Louis
I'm pretty sure they make a killing now lol. By keeping their flavors proprietary they keep their newbies from upgrading because of the scary dilemma of finding a new juice they like with new hardware. They have a very smart business plan IMO. At 15 dollars in store for 5 prefilled cartos (just under 5 mL i think) and between 8 and 10 bucks online for the 5 cartos depending on quantity they make enough money to not have to sell juice by the bottle, which is unfortunate.

This is why I think the best thing for a blu user to do is find a new juice they like and then refill the blu cartos, or get blank 510 cartos...then if they find the battery life limiting or the sensitivity on the auto fire too annoying upgrading is that much easier.

Still though, the blu puts out the vapor and nic and is a good solution for light vapors, but i became a heavy vapor in the first week lol.

I know what you mean, I am boiling out a batch of blu cartos right now and waiting on an assortment of juices that I ordered. Even at the blu cartridge prices it is still half of what I was spending on analogues, but refilling is the way to go as far as saving money, you can't beat it.

MyKosmo

Moved On
Apr 16, 2012
Blu is finally upgrading their batteries this September. Supposed to be a major revamp with more power and longer-lasting by far. That's a rumor right now, and I don't like spreading rumors, in this case however, Healy himself said that September brings a few surprises in products. So, I'm pretty sure its the batteries. New Cartos are finally here, so batteries are obviously next.

jwtaylor27

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2011
Alabama
Blu is finally upgrading their batteries this September. Supposed to be a major revamp with more power and longer-lasting by far. That's a rumor right now, and I don't like spreading rumors, in this case however, Healy himself said that September brings a few surprises in products. So, I'm pretty sure its the batteries. New Cartos are finally here, so batteries are obviously next.

What new cartos are here? I know they added peach and pina colada a few months back...

Byten

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
USA
Blu's flavors maybe only made for them but the rest of JC's are pretty darn similar, at least they were close enough for me.

btw, after boiling and drying used blu carts I couldn't get anything over 2ml in them and that's counting the amounts that leaked back out from over filling. I'd guess their capacity about 1.5 ml.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
I started with a Blu...and then gave it to my Aunt after my first upgrade. It was decent enough to get me off analogs and it began my vaping journey. For that, I will always love that little pv.:)

Same here. The Blu started my journey. Heard about it on the radio. The day my Blu arrived, I stopped smoking. (after 30 years of Salems) Didn't take long to see the limitations (mostly battery life) so I started searching the web. Found ECF and felt like a confused kid in a candy store. Muddled my way through and now I'm 15 months without an analog.

After I got an eGo, I returned the Blu and they did refund me for the unused portion. So, all in all, I'm thankful I found the Blu. I'd sure as heck never go back to it, but it got me started.

JJ :)

Retail Nerves

Jan 11, 2010
Michigan
I started using the original Blu around 2 years ago and have been using their product ever since. The introduction of the cartomizers was a major upgrade both in terms of overall performance as well as vapor production. Once I got serious about totally quitting analogs a couple months ago, I bought the Premium 100s starter kit and have been using it since. Once again, I was rewarded with a total product upgrade, as the 100s unit addresses almost all of my gripes from the previous mini sized model. Batteries last longer, led indicators eliminate battery charge guesswork, and the vapor production makes the smaller units look sick in comparison. The "social feature" doesn't do anything for me, and I kind of doubt that it actually works. If anyone is considering a Blu, I would recommend just paying the extra few bucks and getting the 100s kit, as it is superior to the standard pack and is IMO what the initial offering should have been.

Two things, though. I recommend doing what I have been doing, which is to invest in only a couple packs of Blu cartomizers and one bottle of third party juice of your choice. The cartomizers can be refilled quite a few times before they go bad, and this will ultimately be cheaper than purchasing more pre-filled 100s carts, which it seems are not offered at retail outlets quite yet. Blu offers a "free" shipping option, which takes weeks, and jumps up to a ridiculously expensive shipping option from there. Save yourself the frustration and FYO, ordering new ones only when the existing carts are no longer usable.

MaloCS

Jan 15, 2013
Denver, CO
I am using my Blu until I can get another setup. Despite its issues, it serves its purpose. I do like the size and the rechargable case, it will probably still be the one I use when going out

I agree. Even though I'm investing in a ProVari vaporizer and IBTanked tank for home use I will still rely on my Blu rechargeables for on the go vaping.

ratkillah

Sep 7, 2012
Atlanta GA
Blu was my first kit after trying their disposables. After 8 months or so, I still use it daily. I got a couple Volt X2 650mah manuals with clearomizers for home use and LOVE those, but I'm not going to carry that stuff around with me all day. When I ran out of cartos (Blu and Jet), I bought the Volt cig-sized kit with 65mm batteries and I have to say I'm a little disappointed. The Volt battery charge is not that much more than the Blu batteries, it's more "airy" so it feels less like smoking and more like sucking wind, the mega PCC charger SUCKS (and I mean SUCKS) compared to the Blu PCC, and I get sick of re-filling cartos every day. I've decided I'm going to order some cartos from Blu and Jet this weekend. Maybe even a couple bats since mine are a little wore out. I'm not a heavy vapor, so I'm perfectly happy with the Blu setup for going out and my Volt X2s at home. Anyway...my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread