The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who is still using the original LEO?

Discussion in 'The Leo' started by DragonXIII, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. DragonXIII

DragonXIII Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2012
    North Alabama
    Hi Y'all,

I was just curious as to who still uses a Leo.
    I have just recently got back into using mine.
    I broke down and went on analogs for a while.
    No fault of the LEO, just the juice I was using.
    So I got some different juice and tried it again and it is much better.
    And the O'l LEO is still kicking.
    I have had the same two batteries over two years now.
    I was wondering if the old standard passthrough battery is going to be discontinued any time soon.
    One place online is out of stock on them and I am worried that I may have to stock up on Leo batteries, cartos , tanks and atomizers etc. before everyone runs out.

2. johni

johni Extractor Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2012
    Columbia, Missouri
    There is a new Leo out, looks more like an ego. Several vendors appear to be closing out Leo batteries, found as cheap as $13; DCLR cartos $2.99. I'm still liking mine for "no fuss" vaping and will be picking up some more as clearance deals pop up.

3. bobalex

bobalex Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

EcigArsenal.com still carries The Real Leo:

Boge Leo Batteries - $15.00!!

I would be very sad to see these go away. I've had one battery die over the last year. The other 6 are still going great.

4. pir123

pir123 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 1, 2012
    Massachusetts
    I'm not using any LEO attys or cartos any more (though I have some as backups) but I still have two LEO passthru batteries that I use with a 510 adapter that are still going strong after ~9months of daily usage, with maybe just a bit of a loss in charge capacity. When the batteries finally go south, I'll be looking for something to replace them in the same form factor. I'd prefer something with a replaceable battery, but I'm not sure there's anything in the ~1.3cm form factor that has replaceable cells. So I may just get a couple more of these :)

5. DragonXIII

Apr 7, 2012
    North Alabama
  6. hurricanegirl100

hurricanegirl100 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Steve, I loved the Boge Leo, but they only seem to work well with the Boge XXL Cartos. Tried using the Leo with a 510 adapter, only to find that the 510 carto sometimes didn't work. No vapor, no flavor, nothing! Thought it was a dead carto problem, until I put that very same 510 carto on a Joye 650 mah, and the carto was fine! Problem 2: Those Boge XXLs are wonderful, but at $3.75 a piece, they're expensive and too large to try new flavors on. Boil that huge 4.5 ml carto clean(er), but I couldn't totally get some of the old flavor out. And an entire 5ml samper bottle gone...I wish they'd come out with a new Leo that had the old look (the woodgrain was my favorite) that would be compatible with 510 cartos. Those Boge Leos were the best passthrough I ever had...got almost a year out all of them before they conked out for good.

And the Leo Pro was just too airy...onward..you're right, though. I was browsing ECigArsenal the other night and it does look like Michele is phasing out the Leo.

7. DragonXIII

Apr 7, 2012
    North Alabama
    Looks like I need to make an order or two before this stuff is gone forever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.