The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who is with me at 3 months??

Discussion in 'Canada Forum' started by Smile n' shine, Jun 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Smile n' shine

Smile n' shine Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    I see some other three month-ers out there!!! :)

It is just getting easier everyday! I love vaping, there is no going back for me.:wub:

Cheers to us and moving on to month 4!
    :toast:

So now that we've had that group hug, tell me.....what is the #1 thing you would have done differently, if you knew then, what you know now?

I personally, would have veered away from a 'kit' and bought items separately (even, if, from the same vendor). The first kit I was 'going to' buy was garbage. I stopped mid thought and did a little research, reading and found ecf (thank goodness). This forum has saved me a lot of wasted money.

2. MisterMike

MisterMike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Happy three months! I'm coming up on two on Canada Day! Vape in peace and vape it proud!

I would've bought eGo batteries and a couple packs of cartos, rather than a kit, myself. Those default eGo atomisers aren't that great, for all that they look purdy. Maybe they'd be better on a Twist.

3. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    How has your second month been MisterMike?

I know mine was so much better than the first & the transitional period.

4. moondaddy

moondaddy Full Member

Apr 30, 2012
    ohio
    3mos and a week back on Thurs, I would have skipped the cig style batts that I forced myself to use during the first month and just went to ego style batts

5. MisterMike

MisterMike Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 22, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    It's been great so far. I'm learning a lot more about my personal flavour profile (though I have miles to go still), and am enjoying my new lung capacity (and other such benefits) immensely.

I'm also this |<---->| close to breaking even, even after a lot of superfluous expenditures, so that's always a bonus. :D I'll probably seesaw back and forth across that line for a while as I purchase more equipment, but hey. I'm okay with that.

Every day and in every way I'm getting better and better. Well, maybe not every way. ;)

6. Rttch

Rttch Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2011
    Edmonton
    Into my third month now and I would have skipped the first starter kit and went straight for the Bullet. I also would have went straight to the VG juice, so that I wouldn't have suffered like I did for probably the first month.

7. shades

shades Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    Perth, Ontario
    I think I am about the 3 month mark give or take a squigglie so I am gonna piggyback on Smile n' shine's date as it appears someone better with the dates than me :) So when the next anniversary happens I can be all like YAY! me too!

8. fourtytwo

fourtytwo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Toronto
    I will be at 2 months in another week.
    I still find that, at times, I will reach out for a pack of cigs that are not there. It's only for a split second. As soon as I realize what I am doing, I will complete the movement and pick up a PV instead. Just habit...

9. 1kshooter

1kshooter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    congrats to all of you!...just past a month with my wife!.....I found it to be very easy and I am in no way missing a smoke....
    well I only think about it once every three or four days and it passes within a min or two!
    as for breaking even....not even close I am a gear hore with everything else in life why would this be any different? lol
    I don't care what it cost....I quit cigs before they quit me..I win!

Not unlike Mr Mike I am finding out what my wife and I like and don't ...I like everything lol...I have found that there are flavors I can't vape...love the taste of grapes and grape juice...don't like to vape it in any form lol
    I was not a menthol smoker but wow I likes me the heck out of menthol e-juice!
    I love some fruits and hate others ...even if I like to eat them?!?
    I have made the tour from all day 24mg all day chain vaping like it was air and I was under water lol------> to 24mg here and there and 18mg relaxed vaping...my head comes above the water once in a while lol------->all this week I have been mostly 18mg and even 12mg for about 20-30% of the time now ..my wife has gone from 18mg all day to 12mg all day!
    I am bit by the DIY bug bad and am not only having fun with it but creating some great stuff for my wife and me!...my two all day vapes are my own creations!!!!
    best of all at last count I have pulled 11 other friends and family members out of the grasp of ciggs and there all smoke free!
    I am having a blast and thank all of you as well as you and your posts are all my best encouregment!!
    Jonathan

10. ingerri

ingerri Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2012
    NW Indiana
    i will be at 6mths in 3 days :)...i would have started with an ego pcc kit instead of the stick style 510, and would have started diy long ago :)

11. 1kshooter

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    my wife still laughs about me talking to a bud ....with a stardust tipped e-go in one hand and a lighter in the other for like 10 min....she finally said to me hun ...umm if your going to lite that let me know so I can take cover ok!..lol to funny!

12. Oriana871

Oriana871 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 1, 2012
    Toronto
    Another 3 monther here! Wouldn't have done anything differently in retrospect. Don't use my 808's anymore but don't regret starting with them. Spent too much money on the wrong juice initially but oh well. Couldn't have come so far so fast without all the info and help at ECF. Cheers to another 3 months and more :).

13. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    What is this 'break even' concept you speak of? :D

Me tooo!! But I guess there is no way to know, unless we try different things/blends etc.

I noticed a handful of us were so close in quit time...just wait until the six month party! The more the merrier Shades!

Oh wow, I can so relate to that!! I'm now noticing many of those habits are being replaced with new ones, like checking batteries that need to be charged ;)

:toast:CHEERS Oriana! :toast:

I hope to see you all again celebrating our 6 mth! :)

14. ravenlily

ravenlily Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2012
    twin cities, mn
    Almost! Recieved my first pv april 1st. Loved it but had problems with batts. Atties etc. 2 upgrades later i bought my last pack of cigs on april 13! I mostly use ego batts /reg/twist with boge cartos and looove it.

15. 1kshooter

Jun 4, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I forgot to say what I would/would not have changed

I would have started at canvape and saved $140.00 right off the get go!
    I would not have started with an e-goTanker.....or the drip master as I call it now lol (juice tastes awefull)
    I would have started with go-go's and stardusts!
    I would have bought my juice at canvapes for half the $ that evape charged me....for the same stuff!!!
    I would have never let my wife meet Kevin from canvape...now she is corrupted for ever lol just yokin!!

most importantly..I wish I would have starded vaping sooner..well I did a year eailer but I was disipointed so stopped and it was not till a good friend of mine that I got into vaping a year ago showed me the way to canvape ...thats what changed everything for me ...I still rember the first great big lung full tasty vaper puff I took at the canvape booth ....sold on them right then and there!
    Jonathan

16. LesVegas

LesVegas Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2012
    BC, Canada
    I'm at 66 days and very happy about it. Wasted hundreds of dollars on 808 kits and prefilled cartridges, and later loading up on flavourless nic thinking nothing was available in canada. Now, I order every pay cheque from some canadian vendor, spending half of what I would have on cigs.

The best part for me is being able to accompany my wife on her brisk trail walks without getting all out of breath and feeling like I'm going to keel over.

Still looking for my prefect juice, but getting closer. A huge thank you to everyone on ecf. I don't post often, but read everything, and without ecf I wouldn't have made it this far.

17. Piya

Piya Full Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I would have to agree with my hubby....would have gone to Canvape right away! They are all my extended family now/support group, they supply me with my 'padded walls'...lol. I am also at a month-ish and only really had problems with the first couple of days. Have been exposed to the analogues a few times and they STINK!
    Still love my eGo battery for backup, but the love of my life is my iTaste and would have started with that had I have known about it (still waiting for my chameleon). I love vaping, have no intentions of ditching it, will be a lifer with my ADV being Wurthers so far with a bit of Caramylk.
    The first vendor supplied me with a crap kit and no support technical or otherwise, not too mention Canvape is FUN all the time!!!!!

18. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Almost 3 months for me too and it's been a great ride! Luckily I found ECF before I bought anything :2cool:. Sure, if I knew then what I know now I would have made slightly different choices, but nothing major. A learning curve seems to be a necessary evil for a lot of things!

19. Smile n' shine

Apr 13, 2012
    Canada
    Amazing how our sense of smell returns!!! Welcome Piya :)

20. Projectguy

Projectguy Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 9, 2012
    Oakville, ON
    I've got to ditto this post. ECF has been an incredible source of support for me I've only be at this 20 days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.