Who makes the best 1) Cola and 2) Anise flavorings ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
When you say"anise," are you looking for:
-- actual anise seed flavor? (Flavour Arts/FA Anise @ 1-1.5%)
-- (black) licorice candy flavor? (One Stop DIY shop/OSDIYS Licorice Torpedos @ 8-12% (this concentrate includes the flavor of the vanilla hard candy coating).)
-- (boozy) Absinthe liquor flavor (generally contains additional herbal notes)? (The Flavor Apprentice/TFA Absinthe has the "hot" high alcohol presence, and can be a bully to other flavors... start low and work your way up. Use @ 3% or less.)(Flavor West/FW Absinthe is similar, but not so boozy/"hot" @ 3-4%.)

For Colas; I have not had much success. I think (for my personal expectations) the Achilles' heel is the absence of carbonation (or "fizz"). So, I am left with a flat soda. If one can mentally accept/expect more of a cola "syrup" result, then one is likely going to have more pleasing results. There are additional concentrates that can add a perception of "fizz" for some vapers (but not all). Here are a couple of useful links discussing fizz: ECF's own PJReid's personal taste tests; ConcreteRiver's Effervescence testing.

That being said; from what I have read, most (all?) Cola concentrates are best used as a starting point only. It seems, the work best in combinations. Either, a couple of colas combined, to create a more complete cola. Or, with complimenting concentrates (like vanilla, cherry, rum, etc.), to create "flavored" colas.

The more popular colas seem to be:
Flavour Arts/FA Cola (USA Pleasure)
The Flavor Apprentice/TFA Cola Syrup
The Flavor Apprentice/TFA Cola (different than their Cola Syrup)
Capella/CAP Cola
Liquid Barn/LB Cola Freeze

As an alternative; one could also try creating their own cola blend. There is a wonderful example of this on All The Flavors/ATF: 007 Cola (created by AlfredPudding). Note the comments under the "reviews" tab found at the bottom of the recipe.

Bang4dabuck

Nov 6, 2016
When you say"anise," are you looking for:
-- actual anise seed flavor? (Flavour Arts/FA Anise @ 1-1.5%)
-- (black) licorice candy flavor? (One Stop DIY shop/OSDIYS Licorice Torpedos @ 8-12% (this concentrate includes the flavor of the vanilla hard candy coating).)
-- (boozy) Absinthe liquor flavor (generally contains additional herbal notes)? (The Flavor Apprentice/TFA Absinthe has the "hot" high alcohol presence, and can be a bully to other flavors... start low and work your way up. Use @ 3% or less.)(Flavor West/FW Absinthe is similar, but not so boozy/"hot" @ 3-4%.)

For Colas; I have not had much success. I think (for my personal expectations) the Achilles' heel is the absence of carbonation (or "fizz"). So, I am left with a flat soda. If one can mentally accept/expect more of a cola "syrup" result, then one is likely going to have more pleasing results. There are additional concentrates that can add a perception of "fizz" for some vapers (but not all). Here are a couple of useful links discussing fizz: ECF's own PJReid's personal taste tests; ConcreteRiver's Effervescence testing.

That being said; from what I have read, most (all?) Cola concentrates are best used as a starting point only. It seems, the work best in combinations. Either, a couple of colas combined, to create a more complete cola. Or, with complimenting concentrates (like vanilla, cherry, rum, etc.), to create "flavored" colas.

The more popular colas seem to be:
Flavour Arts/FA Cola (USA Pleasure)
The Flavor Apprentice/TFA Cola Syrup
The Flavor Apprentice/TFA Cola (different than their Cola Syrup)
Capella/CAP Cola
Liquid Barn/LB Cola Freeze

As an alternative; one could also try creating their own cola blend. There is a wonderful example of this on All The Flavors/ATF: 007 Cola (created by AlfredPudding). Note the comments under the "Reviews" tab found at the bottom of the recipe.

FIZZ ??? That's being a little greedy LOL. Looking for the kinda hashishy or Ajaxy aftertaste that colas have if you know what I mean not that I ever tasted Ajax. Hopefully not too sweet. The Torpedo sounds good (n' plenty). Thanks for the info. Actually a few a few yrs ago I ordered a bunch of ready mades from Hangsen and their anise was the only thing I liked out of that order and yeah taste just like Gn'P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread