Status
Not open for further replies.

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Hi everyone!

I'm new to DIY and would love to hear from you guys about where you get your natural flavors / flavorings and which brands have the most natural and gourmet taste?

I think the worst thing in the world is to find a decent juice but it ends up leaving very chemical aftertaste. Ugh.

I know nicotine will affect the flavor. I usually vape 6 mg.

Please post links. Thanks so much! :thumbs:

(Also if this is not the best forum to talk about DIY, please let me know if there's a better place.)

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Hi everyone!

I'm new to DIY and would love to hear from you guys about where you get your natural flavors / flavorings and which brands have the most natural and gourmet taste?

I think the worst thing in the world is to find a decent juice but it ends up leaving very chemical aftertaste. Ugh.

I know nicotine will affect the flavor. I usually vape 6 mg.

Please post links. Thanks so much! :thumbs:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
Somewhat depends on your definition of natural. Do you mean natural taste or naturally extracted? Most flavorings are really just that, flavoring. It seams that each company does certain ones really well and others quite bad. There are just certain ones we get from certain companies. No real one that does them all good.

• Agree

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Somewhat depends on your definition of natural. Do you mean natural taste or naturally extracted? Most flavorings are really just that, flavoring. It seams that each company does certain ones really well and others quite bad. There are just certain ones we get from certain companies. No real one that does them all good.
I mean natural taste. The worst thing in the world to me is a chemical taste or aftertaste. Feel free to share as long of a list as you want about who does what best. :thumbs:

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
That could be a really long list. What flavor profiles are you after? I mean like, strawberry, caramel, blueberry and so on. Sometimes it all depends on what type of recipe you are after. Take strawberry for instance, I wouldnt use the same strawberry for strawberry cheesecake as I might for strawberry milk.

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Real Flavors Super Concentrates are all I use. All are naturally extracted and can generally be used in much lower percentages than some of the more popular maker's flavorings. I don't have the best taste buds but for the most part I find them equally as good as or better than similar flavors I used from other makers like TPA/FW/CAP, when used in the right percentages, before I made the switch but not everyone is going to agree with me on that.

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
All flavors can have nasty aftertaste or most can get chemical at certain percentages so there is no real answer to your question. As stated above, Fozzy likes RF, I like some of there flavors also. Do I think they are the best, well it depends on which flavor were talking about. You could get a ton of answers and they will all be subjective to that particular person.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yes, it's a bit hard to recommend what "your" tastebuds are going to like....

I'd suggest some taste testing at a vape shop near you to get a sense of flavor profiles and then whatever you decide you'd like to try, perhaps get a "sample" pack in taster samples so you can see if you find them to be "chemical" or not.

I will say this I had no idea about how ubiquitous some of these flavorings are in premade food, and now that I'm vaping I run into a "taste" I now recognize as part of my vape. At the right percentages and mixed with foods, I don't think I would have characterized them as "chemical" or "harsh," TBH. For example almost all the greek yoghurt flavors seem to have flavoring "added" and the one that stuck out to me the most was coconut. It's "artificially" flavored even though there is some actual coconut in it as well. Sometimes "natural" flavorings taste worse than "artificial" ones, to me at least. For me, my success depends on a well-rounded set of flavorings that *I* enjoy the taste of, and I also mix at far less percentages than store bought juice.

The difference between "artificial" and "natural" flavorings really only has to do with what they are
"derived" from, so you can have a heavily "changed" natural flavor that is just the same (chemically) as one derived directly from chemicals. It's a bit of a shell game.

I guess you could try "pure" or "organic" extracts, I'm not necessarily sure they are better, but they will most definitely be more expensive....

Good luck on your search. Hope you find some things you like.

Anna

Reactions: christylh8

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
That could be a really long list. What flavor profiles are you after? I mean like, strawberry, caramel, blueberry and so on. Sometimes it all depends on what type of recipe you are after. Take strawberry for instance, I wouldnt use the same strawberry for strawberry cheesecake as I might for strawberry milk.
Overall I'm into fruit, floral, honey, and tea flavors. I don't mind cream, custard, or marshmallow flavors unless they aren't super prominent.

My least favorite major category is dessert, but specifically any flavor or juice that tries to mimic bread or pastry. I'm really put off by juices that say they taste like cake, muffins, pancakes, donuts, etc. I haven't had much experience with candy juices but something tells me it isn't what I'm looking for.

Looks like I need to build my own personal profile instead of worrying about what I don't like. :lol:

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
Real Flavors Super Concentrates are all I use. All are naturally extracted and can generally be used in much lower percentages than some of the more popular maker's flavorings. I don't have the best taste buds but for the most part I find them equally as good as or better than similar flavors I used from other makers like TPA/FW/CAP, when used in the right percentages, before I made the switch but not everyone is going to agree with me on that.
Fozzy,
Thank you so much! I've checked out the site and I'd love to give them a try. I appreciate the information!

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
All flavors can have nasty aftertaste or most can get chemical at certain percentages so there is no real answer to your question. As stated above, Fozzy likes RF, I like some of there flavors also. Do I think they are the best, well it depends on which flavor were talking about. You could get a ton of answers and they will all be subjective to that particular person.
Gotcha, that makes tons of sense. I think I went into it under the impression that there were some companies who sold cheaper flavorings which you were certain to get a chemical taste from. And on the flip side of that there were companies that made the best, gourmet flavorings and you didn't have to worry about anything. That now sounds like a "perfect world scenario" and the best thing for me to do is experiment. :D

• Agree

christylh8

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2018
Huntsville, AL
That sounds like evading the forum filters to me, which is usually a no no on most forums if they block urls to a site, but I will take your word for it since I haven't been infracted yet for mentioning it. :D
I found what you meant though. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread