who or what company invented the rebuildable Atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
As far as I recall, the first rebuildable atty was invented by a member of a German forum (and ECF) named Raidy (that was his handle here, anyway). His atty was named genisis (sic). Don't ask me why. Maybe it was a typo? ;) I remember that he gave his design to the vaping community but on the condition that it not be used for profit. In other words, he wanted people to make their own atties, but not for sale. He was quite adamant about it. Of course, that was hardly enforceable--his design has been copied, altered, improved and sold commercially.

I remember following a very long thread about genisis here on ECF and feeling that it was really unfair to people who were not modders--how on earth were we supposed to ever get our hands on a rebuildable atomizer if we couldn't make them ourselves and nobody was allowed to sell them? :D

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I have to give props to Raidy. I know after he posted this people were messing with the RCA plug rebuildables, but these were more mimicking the 510 type attys already out there. Not too much innovation. But Raidy was building tank fed attys with oxidized mesh wicks and vertical coils long before that was on anyone else's radar.

The thread of which Katya speaks is here, specifically this post showing the design of the atty. => http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/132663-all-my-mods-part1-6.html#post2097259

After you view that step back to the first page in his thread and check out what this guy was creating back in 2010 - truly inventive and amazing stuff.

Last edited:

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread