• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Who rules the roost, you or your pet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Piper is definitely the biggest SUCK, but I'd have to say I do. When you're dealing with a Doberman, you can be a push over, (spoiling wise), but you HAVE to be the Pack Leader!!

2006+Creative+Arts+Awards+Press+Room+7WtyS_2UpCLl.jpg

sweetniko

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I have to sit by Niko (cat) every time he eats. This can be 6 times a day.

Heidi ( cat) makes me keep the bathtub running for her and also makes me drive down an ally and hunt and pick a particular kind of grass for her. This is every day. Recently, Heidi told me I could turn off the bathtub if I bought her a drinking fountain. I did. She didn't like it and gave it away. SO the bathtub is back on.
Heidi also demands treats just about every time I enter the kitchen. If I'm not in the kitchen and she wants treats she bites my leg really hard. When I tell her "NO" she does it again and I have to follow her to her treat corner. Right now she has 8 diff treats , about 50 pieces in her treat corner b/c sometimes she just wants to hoard them and not eat them. Heidi also wants food spread throughout the house in little dishes and they have to be diff brands, flavors rotating daily. She doesn't care about ice cubes in her water changed two times a day but I do it anyway. I think she would like to try some bottled water so I'll try and remember to get that tomorrow, along with some more treats. In addition to being very demanding, Heidi is mean and .....y. But she is very pretty and even has a little beauty mark just like Cindy Crawford.
She should take lessons from the 12 strays I feed. ( all fixed except a new one with appt made for next Mon).
They always appreciate me.

AJMoore

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2009
Here and back
All these posts are very funny, and so true when speaking about a cat....whoops, did I say cat? I meant queen.

I understand the saying, and I'll mess this up: Dogs have owners, cats have servants.

In the hierarchy of cats as I understand it, unfixed males are #1, then unfixed females, then fixed males, then fixed females. Fixed females being the lowest of the low. Well, if that's the case, what does that make me??? I cater to every whim of my fixed female cat! That makes me the lowest animal on the charts!

Domino, I haven't owned a dog in 40 some years but I love Caesar, love love love him. I watch all the time! My friends think I'm nuts because why??? I don't have a dog! But if I ever do get one I'm ready, thanks Caesar!

sweetniko

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Yeah, jj2, i have lost control. When I go over to my boyfriends house, his Maine .... begs me for catnip so I sneak it to him. My boyfriend doesn't like the mess it makes on the floor so then I clean up the evidence. Also when he tried to put another cat on a diet I would sneak some treats to him. He was really hungry though.
I forgot to mention, Niko "nursed" in my armpit every night for 6 years so that may be why he insists on having me sit next to him while he eats. But at least I don't have 8 pets like a friend of mine who sleeps like he is in a straight jacket b/c of all the animals on his bed. He also sees a chiropractor 2-3 times a week.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
All these posts are very funny, and so true when speaking about a cat....whoops, did I say cat? I meant queen.

I understand the saying, and I'll mess this up: Dogs have owners, cats have servants.

In the hierarchy of cats as I understand it, unfixed males are #1, then unfixed females, then fixed males, then fixed females. Fixed females being the lowest of the low. Well, if that's the case, what does that make me??? I cater to every whim of my fixed female cat! That makes me the lowest animal on the charts!

Domino, I haven't owned a dog in 40 some years but I love Caesar, love love love him. I watch all the time! My friends think I'm nuts because why??? I don't have a dog! But if I ever do get one I'm ready, thanks Caesar!

Oh, I loooove Caesar too!! :wub:

sweetniko

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
Kansas City, MO
The bathtub is running a trickle but it makes a noise that I don't like.
Niko would bury his head in my armpit while I was falling asleep and move his paws like he was nursing. But then one night I had night sweats and threw off the shirt I was wearing. The next day i found him nursing on the same shirt on the floor. So then i decided it was his nursing shirt and I just draped it around my armpit every night and he nursed on it. I actually liked this shirt but never wore it again b/c I was afraid to wash it.
He was previously getting my bedclothes really wet from his nursing.
Some cats nurse on buttons but Niko made his own "nipple" out of the shirt. I encouraged his behavior b/c he didn't like to be petted and this was the only time he would be close to me. I brushed him the whole time he was nursing also. He lost his mom was he was very tiny.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I've got a lot of dogs, since we breed Irish Wolfhounds, Italian Greyhounds, and Chihuahuas. I've also got a couple of teacup poodles that are just pets.

No doubt about it, my wife is the pack leader in the house. I come in a close second. While we love our dogs very much, it would be (even more) total chaos if we weren't.

Stephra

ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2010
Pennsylvania
One of my cats has a seizure disorder, has to have medicine every twelve hours. For three years now I haven't been away from him for more than a few hours at a time. I vacation by camping about 20 miles from home so I can go home every noon and night to medicate him.

If that's not the animal ruling the roost, I don't know what is.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
I've got a lot of dogs, since we breed Irish Wolfhounds, Italian Greyhounds, and Chihuahuas. I've also got a couple of teacup poodles that are just pets.

No doubt about it, my wife is the pack leader in the house. I come in a close second. While we love our dogs very much, it would be (even more) total chaos if we weren't.

umm...Angus? We don't LIKE to hear about MRS. Angus, if you don't mind. :glare:

Seeing that you have Italian Greyhounds, we had a MinPin. NASTY little thing to everyone and every THING except for US. Strange little breed. I loved Tazzy dearly, but I wouldn't have another..:oops:

And, it's funny, EVERYONE wanted to pet Taz, because they thought she was a Doberman puppy. A couple of people that DIDN'T listen to us QUICKLY enough, almost lost fingers..yet, people cross the street when they see Piper, thinking she's a nasty dog just because she's a Doberman.

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
we had a MinPin. NASTY little thing to everyone and every THING except for US. Strange little breed. I loved Tazzy dearly, but I wouldn't have another..:oops:

And, it's funny, EVERYONE wanted to pet Taz, because they thought she was a Doberman puppy. A couple of people that DIDN'T listen to us QUICKLY enough, almost lost fingers..yet, people cross the street when they see Piper, thinking she's a nasty dog just because she's a Doberman.

I have dachshunds but I really wanted a MinPin for some reason. I finally got one and he is exactly the same way.

He's been very skittish since I got him at 8 weeks old. He would try to bite me at first if I tried to put a collar on him. He wouldn't let anyone else pick him up or pet him. He's mellowed out a little at 3 years old, but only with people he knows....won't let a stranger touch him. But for some strange reason, he's my favorite because he was so hard to win over. He's never tried to bite anyone, he just won't let them catch him. lol

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
My cats try to rule this place but they are losing, and not at all happy about it. Unhappy cats are a pain in the behind with their constant yowling but oh well turn up the music.

We also have a little papillon named Jack, he's a funny little clown dog that just loves the kids like crazy and steals socks.

I also have a black shepherd but she's been moved to the outside cause she can't behave with my 6 year old daughter.

(I need some help, I know how to show my picture on the avatar, but how do I show one in a thread?)

Last edited:

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Hit Post Reply and then scroll down below this field box until you see Manage Attachments--click on it.

Another window will pop up. Click on Browse and then you'll be able to see files from your computer. Double click on the file and then click on Upload. To double check to see if things worked all right, use Post Preview.

You can put them here or put here:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...s/102531-pet-parents-show-off-your-child.html

Can't wait to see the pictures.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread