who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I like mine for out and about....a full day of power and juice.....do not have to worry about it cause' it takes a beating. It needs some improvements...battery spring... the button could work smoother...but all in all (IMHO) it is a pretty good mechanical mod, for the price, that does it's job well.

It may be the most bullet proof bottom feeder on earth!

Audio Weasel

ECF Veteran
I have one and I absolutely love it. I always carry 2 mods with me, my XL, and a Diamond mod from Parkes vaping. Don't get me wring, the Diamond is a great little mod at a fantastic price, but I find myself grabbing the XL more often. Is it the best bottom feeder on earth? It's my first bottom feeder, so I can't speak to that. However, I feel absolutely no need to try another, so that says a lot right there.

Coil

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2011
SO. CAL
Code is VAPIN15 for 15%off.

This is my 1st bottom feeder and I gotta say I'm really impressed. For the cost you really can't go wrong. Sure it's not perfect. There's a rew things that could always be better with any mod but It's not like you have to perform brain surgery to keep it running properly either. No proprietary atty's on the 2.0 and XL make the Vmod amazing! I have the 1.0 and even though it does take a proprietary atty it is a BEAST!

Anytime I have Q's on maintenance I just ask one of the guys above or search the Vmod threads and many great people have taken the time out to share FAQ's and just cool tips and tricks. Active threads make using this guy pretty easy.

The Vmod get's my vote. I've tried 2 other bottom feeders(Not owned) and this one is a keeper for sure compared to the others.:2cool:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
lets do an overfeed and then tilt upside down and see who leaks first!

Sure. I almost always use boge 1.8 ohm cartos on my REO and have never seen a drop of juice in the well.

To bad it got hijacked already.

The OP said:

You can support me or not to agree - what are your opinions?

He welcomed those who would disagree (so the hijack claim is really not accurate). - And, I would disagree.

I got a Vmod about 10 days ago. Sold it last Friday. It didn't compare to my REO. - It did work well, and seemed solid enough when put together - and the extra juice capacity is nice, -- but a mod carved from a solid block of aluminum compared to a plastic mod inside a thin aluminum casing is an apples to oranges comparison. They aren't in the same class.

Last edited:

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Using an atty not a cartomizer

Sure. I almost always use boge 1.8 ohm cartos on my REO and have never seen a drop of juice in the well.

The OP said:

He welcomed those who would disagree (so the hijack claim is really not accurate). - And, I would disagree.

I got a Vmod about 10 days ago. Sold it last Friday. It didn't compare to my REO. - It did work well, and seemed solid enough when put together - and the extra juice capacity is nice, -- but a mod carved from a solid block of aluminum compared to a plastic mod inside a thin aluminum casing is an apples to oranges comparison. They aren't in the same class.

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Solid block? That's like saying a 1935 HP Browning 9mm is better than a Glock. To each his own, the Reos look lovely, but I kind of like lighter and clever. Can you carry the Reos upside down, thrown in purse? The Vmod simply does not leak. The cooker is sealed in with two o-rings in the dual cone. The dual cone also prevents snapping off an atty/carto. A $75 compact 18650 unit with a 9 ml juice supply that's truly pocketable. Not a hand-made "work of art." It's apples and oranges alright.

Last edited:

AZCraig

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2011
Mesa, AZ
www.KidneyPuncher.com
My Vmod XL is my first bottom feeder. Until I try at least the Reo and the Krimson Kustoms bottom feeder, I can't make a "best of the bottom feeders" comparison.

Judging the Vmod XL on it's own ? The best thing about it I can say so far is that it doesn't leak ! I'm getting a HH.357 1.5ohm Long Barrel atomizer in the mail today, which will probably be the last thing I try on it before putting it up for sale. That is unless there is a way to make the Evolv Kick work on it.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
Solid block? That's like saying a 1935 HP Browning 9mm is better than a Glock. To each his own, the Reos look lovely, but I kind of like lighter and clever. Can you carry the Reos upside down, thrown in purse? The Vmod simply does not leak. The cooker is sealed in with two o-rings in the dual cone. The dual cone also prevents snapping off an atty/carto. A compact 18650 unit with a 9 ml juice supply that's truly pocketable. Not a "work of art."

Drop your machined block of aluminum wrong You better have a leatherman/pair of needle nose and and a back up carto/atty if your not at home. Drop a Vmod XL most any way you can vape while you admire the character (dent/scratch) that you just gave it. and not wonder how you will vape....

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Solid block? That's like saying a 1935 HP Browning 9mm is better than a Glock. To each his own, the Reos look lovely, but I kind of like lighter and clever. Can you carry the Reos upside down, thrown in purse? The Vmod simply does not leak. The cooker is sealed in with two o-rings in the dual cone. The dual cone also prevents snapping off an atty/carto. A $75 compact 18650 unit with a 9 ml juice supply that's truly pocketable. Not a hand-made "work of art." It's apples and oranges alright.

+1 on this.. I totally agree with Fernand! I hate leaky mods! I want a mod that I can lay down on its side and not worry about any leakage! the V-Mod does the job! by the way V-Mod loves taking a bath! it works even better after taking a bath!

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
\

As I mentioned, I use a carto on my reo, so yes indeed: I could carry it upside down if I wanted to. I'm not sure why I would, but it isn't going to leak if I do. I don't carry a purse very often (admittedly, there have been a few times in 22 years of marriage that I've been stuck with a purse, but it isn't something I do every day), but I'm not really sure why a purse would be much different than my glove box, my hoodie pocket, or other locations like that.

Ruger, S&W, and SAM for me, but my handguns really have nothing to do with vaping.

And, again, this really is apples to oranges. The feed systems are not the same. The build material is not the same. The safety features are not the same. There is very little between the two to actually compare. The VMod is much more like the original boge revolution than it is a REO or any other bottom feeder. I suppose they both have a locking button and a bottle inside them, but that's where the similarities stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread