The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by smilee, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ecitek

ecitek Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    Earth
    This has probably been discovered already, but if not, might be helpful for getting ANY atty to work its' best on the VMOD.

Make a scratch on your VMOD at the location where the feeder hole is located down inside the area where the atty screws in. Then take your atty and locate the hole(s) in the bottom and make a mark about halfway up the atty. When you screw it in, make sure it is making contact, then screw it further until the scratch on the atty lines up with the mark on the VMOD. That way you KNOW it will feed into the atty as directly as possible.

Best flow.jpg

2. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    so simple, yet brilliant. thanks :thumb:

3. iowajosh

iowajosh Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 25, 2012
    iowa
    I've had a devil of a time. The vapage atomizers don't taste the same as a carto. They seem to accentuate one part of the flavoring and dull other ones. I wish I could get my i06 to work on it but can't draw much air through it.

Also, thick juice seems to take a different feeding procedure.

I hate using a carto on the thing, it is easy to overfeed them and the cup and the carto gurgle all day long. 50% love 50% frustration with the thing after 3-4 months.

4. bwbroo

bwbroo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Been using a 306 LR 1.7 on the xl vmod, haven't had luck with the one's it came with. Don't know why. 2 months later, slow leaner. no more flooding. Should have a drawing of the hidden juice void, but anyway know what's happing now. sure. Ordered (the kick) and soon will re try all carto's and atty's. You know this mod is getting to be quiet comfy. birthday-balloons.jpg

5. bwbroo

bwbroo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2012
    Roseburg, Oregon
    Ok then, just put the kick into the vmod xl. Now all carto's and atty's hitting good. Yuhooo! images.jpg

6. PansSiren

PansSiren Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Denver
    YAY! After tons of forum reading, youtube watching, and decision making, I just put my order in for a Vmod XL, 2 of their hybrid atomizers at 2ohms, and a couple spare bottles. I started vaping 16 days ago on a Smokeless Image X2 with clearomizers, but the clearos are giving me some trouble (poor flavor, poor vapor, poor life). I started looking at bigger mods to maybe switch to a tank/carto system, but the bottom feeder seems to be exactly what I'm looking for: a pocketable all day system with great flavor and no messing around with juice or batteries. I can't wait to get it in my hands and I'll be sure to give an update on my thoughts! Now to order some new juice for my new toy.... the addiction has started, ut-oh!

7. PansSiren

PansSiren Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 19, 2012
    Denver
    D'OH! My Vmod XL was supposed to arrive on Saturday... delay... no service on Sunday... stalked the mailbox all day Monday and WOO HOO!! So far I'm really enjoying the Vmod. It's really easy to use, the flavor is better than my previous setup, it feels great in my hand and pocket, and it looks really good. The juice capacity is a dream come true, I hope to find my "all-day vape" soon so I don't have to bother with changing and cleaning it. I haven't put the battery through it's paces yet, but if it lasts me an entire day from waking up to going to bed, I will have gotten exactly what I wanted - and being an 18650 battery, this feat shouldn't be hard to accomplish.

The only headache I foresee is the o-rings! I already tore both of them!! The inner sleeve (not the cone, but the sleeve that threads on around the atomizer) was pretty tight when I first got it... it had knurling, so I assumed it was supposed to come off. For a second I thought I was going to break it... when it finally came loose, the o-ring on that sleeve flew out and had a tear in it. I tried a variety of juices in it, rinsing it each time, and by the 4th flavor change, the other o-ring that sits inside the threading of the reservoir broke! So now I'm o-ring-less! The good news is that it still works and doesn't leak, but I do feel a slight difference in performance and it gurgles much more (duh, obviously). It's more of an inconvenience than a problem. I was going to order some spares with my original purchase but figured I could get a whole bag of them for the same price Vapage sells 4 for and I have a stockpile of o-rings for scuba-gear I was hoping to use, too bad none of them fit! For the time being, I ended up putting the broken o-ring back into the reservoir as best as I could, and that's been eliminating most of the gurgle for now. I'm not sure yet if it was user error or not (I'll determine that after I replace them and see how well they hold up), but the ones that came out were like a dry-rotted rubber band, very brittle and weak - my best guess is that they dried out during storage and/or it's just a cheap material.

Despite my o-ring hiccups, I'm still very happy with the Vmod so far - I think I can confidently (and happily) say I'm done searching for a device. My only wonder now is if I have to become a glove person when it's cold outside... that's a lot of cold metal to be touching!

8. jordan85

jordan85 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Boston
    I would posit "a decent bottom-feeder with the worst customer service on earth"

9. Katdarling

Katdarling I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;) Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    Why, jordan, what happened?

10. ecitek

ecitek Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2010
    Earth
    It seems like they simply do not care too much. That is my experience.

11. chadster214

chadster214 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2011
    Left Coast!
    I never experience bad customer service from them.

12. tonyfalkon

tonyfalkon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2009
    mars
    So my Vmod XL finally gave out 3 weeks ago I guess thats what I get for procrastinating. Sad part is I already knew about the Vmod XL's design flaw and already had a fix for it but kept putting it off. Now its in 3 pieces and I'm back to using tube mod lol. Oh well. Immana post pics when I get it to look and function like almost new.

13. mikeymack

mikeymack Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Orange County NY
    Three pieces, how does that happen? I sent my first chassis in for a replacement small crack up the seem, the 2nd chassis developed a slight crack as well never effected it's performance but I just got around to sending that one in. Is that the flaw your referring too?
    The new chassis are supposed to be better built.

14. tonyfalkon

Nov 3, 2009
    mars
    Don't know if mine is new or old model I got it off a trade for one of my tubes, the battery cage broke off. I can still use it provided I use a rubber band to keep it intact, dunno about the new chassis and as I am finding out now there was previous damage to the chassis which was not mentioned. It was glued together dunno how I missed it because I thought I inspected it thoroughly. I've been working on it for a week now and almost ready to throw in the towel, immana give it another go I have a few more ideas I haven't explored yet. Or I could just buy a new one and save time. The thing thats difficult is that where it broke is where the flexing is happening and I've yet to find a glue that can withstand the stress. I can't put a brace on it either it needs a very thin insert and I have looked, found and tried with demoralizing results.

15. mikeymack

mikeymack Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Orange County NY
    I would contact vapage you may be able to send your chassis in for a replacement regardless of the warranty expiring or not

16. GobblerHunter

GobblerHunter Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 11, 2011
    Milton, NC
    Recent experience with Vapage CS was great! Seems only the bad experiences get posted so, I thought I would throw out a good experience. I had a Vmod XL with a cracked frame and a Vmod 2.0 that had a manufacturing defect. I completed a RMA and followed the directions for returns. I sent both (in separate packages) on 12/06/2012 and received the replacements on 12/17/2012, that's right coast to left coast. If you figure in 3 to 4 days travel time both directions that's good turn-around for any return/ replacement. Great job Vapage CS.......................

17. chadster214

chadster214 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 9, 2011
    Left Coast!
    I agree.. It seems that people only rant bad CS experiences and never mention good CS experiences. I never has issues dealing with Vapage. If I have contact Vapage for inquiries I always get an answer.

18. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Me neither. They seem ok to me.

19. tonyfalkon

Nov 3, 2009
    mars
    with regards to customer service this is what happened to me a couple of months ago after moving my work area to the office from my garage I lost the stack insert that metal tube where the cone screws on the V-mod XL. So I emailed CS about my mishap and they emailed 2 hours later telling me that although that was an unusual request they will ship me a replacement and should be arriving in about 4 to 7 business days. 5 months ago my son found my lost stack among his toys, to this day I'm still waiting for that replacement and that was 7 months ago. Good thing I didn't hold my breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.