who says that VMOD XL is the best bottom feeder on the earth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotay87

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2011
Pacific North West
uh tearose... You forgot to mention that the Vmod XL will feed a sealed center post atty.... What other "bottom" feeders can do that....

BTW whether grilled cheese or a bacon wraped filet stuff with blue cheese with a demi glaze on it tastes the same on paper, plastic, or fine china... Its all in presentation....

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
I like that Vapage is a US company developing and producing and distributing a very good product at a price that is a bit more in reach for many vapers, especially new ones. It's one nice 3.7 device.

Just so you know: You happen to be the reason I decided to give the VMod a try. Our conversation a month ago put me in the mood to forgive the shilling and send them a few bucks to try out their wares. I did give it a fair shot - and that unit does indeed have a happy owner right now who got a good deal on it and has thanked me no less than twice a day since last Friday for that good deal. So, by proxy, you put a VMod into the hands of a guy who was in need of a reliable e-cig and who really appreciates having a fairly nice one to show off. -- I let him try out my triple-v today while I was messing around with my new VVPV. He's already asking what it would take to pry that one out of my hands. he won't have any luck talking me out of that one though.

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
I have to chime in here, both the Reo and Vmod have thier place in the industry, just as the Lavatube and Provari (own both as well). There are pros and cons to both. It all boils down to personal preference, what works best for YOU and keeps you off the analogs.

I do own both and enjoy both bottom feeders. I will say that there is a marked difference between the quality of the Chinese manufactured mods and the American made mods. I personally (MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE) enjoy the American made products better, they are better quality.

~Shado~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
^-^-^5280^-^-^
Karma...those are THE keywords!!! PERSONAL PREFERENCE!!!
Who cares...its all about vaping and gettin off the bad crap...period.

There is NO one device fits everyone.

...ugh....its the same as Ford vs Chevy vs whatever....what is the best color, best food, vacation spot, etc....its only YOUR own personal opinion (insert name of whoever makes the statement) as to why something is better.
Plastic, aluminum, steele, etc....each has a purpose....and perspective customers.

Only the person spending their own $$$ can decide what is good and bad...and what would serve their own needs and purposes the best.

What ever is spent on a device.....in the end...its still just that.....only a device to vape with.
If someone wants to put out more/less $$$ on something that performs the same function as another device....good for them.....it DOES NOT mean yours is better than mine.

And yes...I have several higher priced mods and more affordable mods in my stable...
This is my 1st BF...and it is meeting MY needs quite well...I am comfortable with what I paid, and dig its apperance over some others out there.

Would I change some things about it? Sure...but that is only to satisfy me...no one else.

Spend your money on what YOU want....and accept the fact that others will spend THEIR money on what they want.

*end of rant.....ducks behind laptop*

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!

...ugh....its the same as Ford vs Chevy vs whatever....what is the best color, best food, vacation spot, etc....its only YOUR own personal opinion (insert name of whoever makes the statement) as to why something is better.
Plastic, aluminum, steele, etc....each has a purpose....and perspective customers.

Only the person spending their own $$$ can decide what is good and bad...and what would serve their own needs and purposes the best.

What ever is spent on a device.....in the end...its still just that.....only a device to vape with.
If someone wants to put out more/less $$$ on something that performs the same function as another device....good for them.....it DOES NOT mean yours is better than mine.

And yes...I have several higher priced mods and more affordable mods in my stable...
This is my 1st BF...and it is meeting MY needs quite well...I am comfortable with what I paid, and dig its apperance over some others out there.

Would I change some things about it? Sure...but that is only to satisfy me...no one else.

Spend your money on what YOU want....and accept the fact that others will spend THEIR money on what they want.

*throws a shoe behind laptop* :D I agree with you!

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
Here's the only valid data so far:

Evolv Kick Instructions

I know one Beta Tester was using on the VmodXL but have no other data -- what modding was required, or how it went.

this might work with out modding. Its says that it requires the ground wire to touch the wall of the device. V-Mod XL has an aluminum shell body. if we position the ground wire where it can touch the the shell body then it should be grounded.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
The aluminium shell is a ground? .... I don't think so??? Look where the negative end of the battery goes...that spring...that spring is attached to a thin wire which runs up the casing to the ????:confused: If we want to use a kick..the kick sits atop a 18490 or 18500.....looking inside the XL I think we will need a metal piece up there connected to the thin ground wire and isolated from the tippy top.:confused:

gamedemon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2010
Illinois
Thanks for the responses... That is one thing I would like to see modded for it to use the Kick... I used to be a huge reo fan... and V Mod fan... But stopped using them in favor of cartos and vv devices because I hated the drop off in battery over the duration of the usage... The Kick brings these back to life for me if it works... I get the best of both worlds.. !

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO

I agree whole heartedly, it's truly is the Chevy vs Ford type thing. All I care about in the mod world is that people are happy with thier choices and feel they got thier money's worth and stay off the stinkies, because ultimately that is all it's about.

No need to hide :) You said everything very well !

chadster214

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2011
Left Coast!
The aluminium shell is a ground? .... I don't think so??? Look where the negative end of the battery goes...that spring...that spring is attached to a thin wire which runs up the casing to the ????:confused: If we want to use a kick..the kick sits atop a 18490 or 18500.....looking inside the XL I think we will need a metal piece up there connected to the thin ground wire and isolated from the tippy top.:confused:

if that's the case.. we can insert a metal sheet by the spring and make sure it touches the body shell. this is an easy modding.

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
I'm not sure that will work chad....... I'm not knowledgeable enough with electronics to know........... but one thing I am certain of............ the case is not part of the existing circuit.......... sooooo :confused:

this is really getting off the OP's topic...we should find a kick thread to continue

Last edited:

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
But...thats not MY size!!! What am I going to do with it now? :p

Throw it back!

But in all seriousness, the impact on battery issue is important. In New Zealand they had a terrible auto shop fire they traced to a model plane LiIon battery having been dropped, charged on a glass surface, but under a some cabinets that caught fire. They dropped a couple on a hard floor and they would then blow up on the charger. Careful! Charge batteries on a fireproof surface and away from any combustible materials. If a battery takes a beating, safest to discard it (but how? where?).

BTW, the thinner construction of a VMod would allow venting on such a battery catastrophe, rather than blowing up that solid block of aluminum :p

On the Kick, it's important that these are high current circuits. You can't really rely on things just "touching". But it should be possible to solder in the right contacts, once we have a device in hand.

Last edited:

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Charge batteries on a fireproof surface and away from any combustible materials. If a battery takes a beating, safest to discard it (but how? where?).

BTW, the thinner construction of a VMod would allow venting on such a battery catastrophe, rather than blowing up that solid block of aluminum

I charge in an old steel computer case. Again, no worries about my batts.

The REOs construction is not sealed. Have a look at the pictures and you'll see blowing it up from the inside would be impossible. The bottle is recessed behind the squonk hole leaving quite a lot of space. There is a 1 inch divider between the battery and the bottle. You can see the battery from the squonk hole.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
The XL is a better size and sturdier. The little Vmod IS a little thingie, it's tiny. There's no room for strong structural support. When they revised it to be able to use any standard 510 atomizer, i didn't jump to get one. The XL is built smart and low weight, but it's much stronger.

BTW, I've tried a lot of cartos and atties with it, and the best so far IMHO is the 1.5 ohm HH.357. Many turns of wire on the coil.. Incredible vapor and taste. Worth the $22 any day. It takes a while to break in, and the best break-in process I've found involves repeatedly soaking it with pure VG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread