The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Who still uses cartomizers?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by BigGeigs, Oct 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. BigGeigs

BigGeigs Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    I have been vaping for almost 3 months now completely analog free. Since I've gotten off cigarettes I have tried so many different styles of vaping. Currently I own an igo-w, a t2 clearo, 2 iClear 30s, a protank mini, a protank 2, a few atomizers, assorted cartomizers, etc. etc. etc.

Recently I got my iTaste SVD and AGR+ carto tank stolen at a Halloween house party. I was so SO bummed because in everything that I have tried that had been my favorite vape (not to mention that wasn't exactly a cheap set up to lose)! I think I am a carto guy and I feel like since the shift has moved to rebuildables the cartos have gotten left in the dust.

Who still uses cartomizers?
    and for those of you out there...

What is your current carto set up?
    pictures are always appreciated :thumbs:

2. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Carto-tanks have a very strong following. Including me.

3. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    USA
    Carto tank setups are still very popular. Although I use my REOs/RM2s more, for me and some of my 50/50 DIY, it's laser-slotted Boge LR (2.0Ω) 510 cartos in clear IBTanked pyrex tanks with stainless steel caps.

4. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I do. Mom and Pops sub tank and Boge cartos. I punch my holes. Second best vape to RBA/RDA's for me.

5. BigGeigs

BigGeigs Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Tempe, AZ
    Maybe it is the ease of use that keeps them from being heavily posted in the forums. I feel like everything I see is about rebuildables. I am not a fan! I have huge hands and big fingers and very little patience. I've tried and tried and tried again to build my IGO, but I don't get the consistency I get with cartos.

Ryedan I think you replied to a thread I posted in the newbie forum not too long ago about my interest in a REO. I am still considering it, I actually am thinking of ordering one next week.

6. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use IBTanked carto tanks with Smoktech cartos 2.0Ω to 3.2Ω.

7. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Me. I use the Boge SR 2x Punch in a J-Tanks.

DSCN2162.jpg

I also love the PT II, and use the igo-L.
    I also use, but don't dig so much, the iClear16, Vivi Nova and Vivi Minis.

mvp2_igo_L.jpg MVP_PTII.jpg

Cartos in tanks follow the Scout Law.

8. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    I primarily use carto's (Ikenvape or Boge) inside Phiniac or IBtanked tanks and gocarts on a go go battery as back ups.

9. TS12000

TS12000 Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Charleston SC
    I still use them about 50% of the time. Lot less hassle on the go and I'm on the go alot.

10. JJOOHHNN

JJOOHHNN Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 19, 2013
    USA
  11. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Me! Boge LRs in clear Valley Vapes tanks. Works very well for work and lasts a week (the carto) with heavy use and a dark juice. No leaks, etc... are a plus. I've been experimenting with coils, wicks, SS, but i still enjoy the cartos for everyday work use.

cg

12. wheezal

wheezal Insane Halon ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Austin, Tx
    i cartomize in between freebasing just to bring back down to earth. it's a good thing

13. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I think I remember that BigGeigs. Reo's are great, but most people use a RDA on it, mostly the RM2. You can use attys and cartos on it and I think it would be great that way too. Check out the Reo thread here if you have not done so yet and ask them about it.

Best of luck with it!

14. Rocketpunk

Rocketpunk Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    I've tried pretty much every delivery device on top of a dozen regulated and mech mods, from clones to the real deal, and nothing is more satisfying to me than a carto tank on whatever device I'm using at the moment. Delicious, reliable, little to no fiddling, no mess, no leaking, no dry or burnt hits. I doubt I'll ever use any other set-up. At least not any time soon.

15. vernhall

vernhall Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2013
    United States
    Just recently got into carto/tanks and wonder why it took me so long to finally give them a try... Love'em!! Boge slotted work best for me...

16. exnihilo

exnihilo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    You gotta link for the slotted? Normally i get the 1 large (laser) hole for $1.45 a pop.

cg

17. Muggs

Muggs Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 8, 2013
    CT
    I'm carto all day baby. Smoktech Pyrex V2 DCT's with Boge F16's, 3ohm on 4.4 volts of bliss.

[​IMG]

18. Splatnext

Splatnext Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    I have 3 carto tanks in the mail, I read only good things about them so I'm willing to give them a try.

19. boathook

boathook Full Member

Oct 27, 2013
    Upstate NY
    I've transitioned away from carto tanks for daily use, but I still have them because they're great for travel. I bought a Valley Vapes pyrex tank and wish I had picked up a few more before they shut down. Supposedly in the next newsletter he's going to announce who he sold the business to, so hopefully there will be a return of the low-cost high-quality pyrex carto tank.

I do love the simplicity of the system when using the tank tool for filling and a Supco bullet piercing valve for punching holes while still retaining the round shape of the carto. With two holes in a carto from the Supco and 50/50 mix juice I never had to worry about flooding or juice on my positive pin. (Something that really ticked me off with bottom-coil clearos)

RBAs and RDAs give me a more saturated full-flavored vape, but the convenience and simplicity of a good carto tank still hasn't been matched in any of the setups I've tried.

20. vjc0628

vjc0628 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 23, 2013
    Maryville TN
    I use carto tanks with certain flavs they beat out clero's for flav any day of the week
    there easy and low maintenance

but I use RDA for all my complex flavs Nothing beats RDA for Flav

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.