Who vapes 36 mg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alžběta Madragana

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2011
Cresson, Texas
I've been vaping a month - started with 36mg juice (added to my cartos) and tomorrow is 30 days no ciggies (analogs). I'm still on 36mg, although I have tried some cartos with no nico and also tried the 24mg - let's put it this way: I really noticed no difference between the mg level, but I prefer 36mg and I always get the various Tobacco Flavours - my faves are 555, Cuban Cigar, Virginia Tobacco and anything just plain tobacco flavour. *Only my opinion: but if I want a banana, coffee, candy, bubblegum, and other food flavors, I'll just eat or drink the actual product! - I don't want to vape it.* Anyways, after a week of vaping I just could NOT imagine myself EVER picking up an analog again! I just don't miss them one bit. Fact is, I checked out LeCig (saw their banner ads between postings) and ordered a Build-Your-Own Starter Kit - should get it tomorrow or Tuesday and am stoked about it - right now, I have NuvoCig, GreenSmoke (it goes back on Tuesday coz although I like it, it's too freaking expensive), and NJOY NPRO. Started off with carts, and after blowing 2 atomizers, realized that cartos are the way to go!
"Smoking Sucks - Vape Tha Planet"
Only my experience and opinion here.

Last edited:

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I tried to drop my nic but found that anything less than 24 mgs and I just continually vape all day. So I am sticking with 24 mgs for now. I may soon try to drop down to 18 mg at night since it does interfere with my sleep at times that I am sitting here at the computer and vaping heavily.

EDIT- I did start at 36 mg and stayed there for months. That is not at all unusual for people to start at that strength. My mom actually started at 48 mgs and stayed there until sadly she gave up vaping but it was about 6 months.

Last edited:
I started with 48 MG. I still use 36 MG about 50% of the time and about 24 to 30 MG the rest of the time. I would say that I am a moderate to heavy user, but I can go for extended periods without if needed like in a meeting etc.

Wow! And I thought ~I~ was a heavy smoker using 16 MGs and chain vaping at the computer. Thanks Elendil, my life without guilt :)

smurfette

Mar 6, 2011
alabama
i am still in the process of quitting smoking....and could not imagine using a 36 mg liquid or 48! holy cow... i started smoking non filtereds and moved to marlboro 100's and stayed there...and i thought i was a nicotine fiend! lol! i tried i think 24 first and felt horrible, then 18, and felt horrible... been vaping some 4 mg and some 8, 11 and 12 and feel better but still smoking in between... lol! i'll get there though! i just can't tolerate 24 much less more! maybe if i could i would quit faster! lol! but anyhow i am down to 8 cigs a day down from 20-25 a day.. so that's a good start.. been vaping on and off for about 2 weeks..started.. felt like crap....stopped .... got new carts.. started back..felt better.. cutting back cigs slowly so i don't mangle people in walmart:) have a great day peeps!

spaghetti straps

Feb 18, 2011
Houston
I quit smoking within 2 days of starting to vape. I'm using 11mg and doing just fine. I tend to chain vape at night, but I haven't noticed any major cravings. I was a smoker for 16 years, but I was down to 4-5 a day before starting e-cigs. I'm think about buying one bottle of 18mg for the mornings, but I couldn't imagine going any higher than that.

Papa Lazarou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2008
UK
I used to vape 36mg "smoke break" style when I first started. 15 drags or so, then leave it for 1-2 hours, then have another 15 drags etc. It did work for me, and a 30ml bottle of 36mg used to last me nearly a month. Now I tend to vape lower strength (18-24mg) more frequently, even that is too strong for me to vape "constantly".

DuncanDisordely

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2011
London
I don't really count up what I vape... bad isnt it?

I buy the highest nic I can get (usually 52mg) and just put a big squirt in a 30ml bottle then load up with VG and flavour (always strawberry! yumyumyum)

At a guess I think I'm usually between 12-24mg, but I also sometimes put an extra squirt in if needed, or more VG, or more flavour, etc, trust me by then end of a week my bottle is loaded with god knows what from all my additions!

I started out using the calculator to get it perfect, now I really dont care. I know the rough variables from looking and a rough head-calc and from there I just 'wing-it'

Happy vaping!

PaulB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2010
Virginia
At work, where I do not want to be caught vaping, I vape 36mg unflavored PG. PG because it gives less vapor then VG. 36mg because I can go a long time between puffs; and unflavored because it does not have any smell. Other time I vape between 18mg and 24mg pg/vg mixes in a variety of flavors.

I vape 36mg, all PG, most of the time and have lately come to enjoy unflavored (after first trying it as a carto-cleaning strategy). Plus, after a day or so of nothing but unflavored, switching to a flavor you thought you were tiring of can be quite pleasant. I do cut back to 24 for a couple flavors, mainly chocolate ones, where I find the nicotine flavor/sensation crowds out the taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread