FDA Who will survive the FDA Regs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will273

Aug 30, 2016
Well...I can understand the smaller local vape shops closing down...difficult is an understatement having to come up with the money the FDA wants. I've read only the larger companies will survive because they have the money so I'm wondering if anyone can give an example of a larger company.

I've been vaping for a few years and mainly use the little e cigs or cig-a-lites and the ones I vape are Vapor-x, South Beach and Halo tobacco flavored...assuming people know of them. Does anyone consider them to be a company that would survive beyond august, 2018?

I'm just trying to get a handle on who might still be around even thought it still might be to early to see that far ahead. Thanks!

Will

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
In my opinion the ones that have the best chance of remaining are the companies that sell closed systems with proprietary fittings. Meaning a limited number of pairing options for their products.
And limited flavour options.

Open systems where any tank can be put on any battery leave far too many pairing combinations for even a large company to prove a net public health benefit for each possible combination. And on top of that for every juice on the market with each possible combination.
It's impossible to do! Cheers.

edit...The ones that big tobacco own may survive, but bt may just fold them up too.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
In my opinion the ones that have the best chance of remaining are the companies that sell closed systems with proprietary fittings. Meaning a limited number of pairing options for their products.
And limited flavour options.

Open systems where any tank can be put on any battery leave far too many pairing combinations for even a large company to prove a net public health benefit for each possible combination. And on top of that for every juice on the market with each possible combination.
It's impossible to do! Cheers.
I fully agree with you. SO the Cig a liter will be around but the others have a limited shelf life now. I wish I could say that the FDA Regs will be reminded but I honestly don't see that.
Sad that we are quickly becoming a Police State. I thought the Communist Block had gone away; not changed locale :(:2c:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There is a question of whether ANYTHING will survive.

The most likely would be a proprietary closed system from Big Tobacco.
But the FDA still may not even approve any of those.

And then there are some of the bigger non-tobacco players that may give it a go...
I'm thinking mainly NJoy at this point.

And then you have some hopefuls, like Halo, on the next tier.
The truth is that nobody really knows at this point.

Jalcide

ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2015
I suspect nothing will survive. Substantial Equivalence is the writing on the wall.

SE, will I think, paradoxically and somewhat ironically, ensure nothing remotely like the open system we have now is ever approved.

If the FDA approves even a single combination, it opens the door to endless combinations that meet that winning formula.

Technically, this would be a relatively easy formula for e-cig manufacturers to engineer and make an SE claim for. The state-of-the-art of vaping electronics and liquid delivery, allows for this kind of precision.

Not even the FDA, and its warping of common sense, would be able to construct a sound legal case that these, obviously, SE products are not SE; which is why I believe they'll make sure not a single one is.

milandjikic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Edmonton, Canada
You folks still dont understand FDA is getting money from big tobacco? Of course there will be vaporizers after D day, but they will be from big tobacco, limited, poor design and extremely expensive. FDA will aprove all they put on market, otherwise they will close the money flow. All of this started because tobacco was loosing income, and state was loosing income revenue, whic was the main source of budget. They have allready won, and all we can do is go undergroung, sell stuff only to people we know, and hope that mod makers won't get caught by the cops because the fines will be astronomical... Stock up with reliable equipment and look for a way to quit with everything before you run out of supplies...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
Well some say vaping products will go black market where no taxes can be charged, loss of FDA control or safety checks. Sounds unhealthy to me.

The important points are being addressed by nicopure and another company. One being is it legal for the FDA to throw in whatever they want as tobacco related like 0 nicotine liquid, or tanks, atomizers and batteries that one may use with 0 nicotine liquid? The only thing that's related to tobacco is nicotine.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
You folks still dont understand FDA is getting money from big tobacco? Of course there will be vaporizers after D day, but they will be from big tobacco, limited, poor design and extremely expensive. FDA will aprove all they put on market, otherwise they will close the money flow. All of this started because tobacco was loosing income, and state was loosing income revenue, whic was the main source of budget. They have allready won, and all we can do is go undergroung, sell stuff only to people we know, and hope that mod makers won't get caught by the cops because the fines will be astronomical... Stock up with reliable equipment and look for a way to quit with everything before you run out of supplies...

Sent from my XT1563 using Tapatalk

I think BT is terrified of the growth of vaping and good competition. And their vape-like products have not done well. They are just not our products, LOL. We are a fast growing threat. And the FDA is just protecting their cash cow (40+ Billion $ per year in tobacco taxes).

Reactions: bnrkwest

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Stock up with reliable equipment and look for a way to quit with everything before you run out of supplies...

Or, stock up with reliable equipment and DIY necessities so you don't run out! That's what many on the ECF are doing.

Will273

Aug 30, 2016
Yikes...doesn't sound good. I talked to some people at Vaporx and Halo and they said they knew this was coming and are preparing and ready to meet the challenge....whatever that means but it sounded good.

I did try a Blu and Njoy tobacco flavor recently. The Blu tobacco tasted like vanilla...not bad but not like tobacco and the Njoy Daily Rich Tobacco tasted just like Blue Berries...not sure what's going on there.

This whole FDA thing is making me look at them and the government in a different light...I can see them for what they really are. Thanks!

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Or, stock up with reliable equipment and DIY necessities so you don't run out! That's what many on the ECF are doing.

That's the way I decided to go... BT will never get another dime from me & the gubmint can "kiss ol' rusty"... :cool:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
This whole FDA thing is making me look at them and the government in a different light...I can see them for what they really are.
npGU0fY.png

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
When I look back at all the things I've learned while vaping; soldering, using a battery tester, ohms, volts and watts, and how corrupt the whole BT realm is including the government. it was interesting to see the FDA lose a case back in 2010 against us with the confiscation of a shipment of ejuice from China. I watched the lies come out, including the negativity that was passed on to the public. Including formaldehyde and antifreeze, and vaping being worse than smoking. The majority of people who were out there screaming "quit smoking" including the government were now saying vaping is worse than smoking or no difference at all. Most of the public did not want to hear that a "smoker" invented a way to quit smoking.
It's been a real learning experience.

And when you take a step back and look at the whole FDA/BT thing over the last 7 years, it's just amazing how blatant that relationship is for money. If the Government allows tobacco to be sold, they should just shut the frig up because they allow one of the worst anti health items known to man to continue to be sold, so I just don't feel they have the right to being the judge of what's more healthy or making an unbiased decision about anything that competes with tobacco. They don't have my trust for sure.

seminolewind

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
Corydon Indiana
One important thing. Nicopure who manufactures Halo liquid has made a move for all of us not just themselves.

For those who can afford it, show you're support by buying something from them. I'm not related to them in any way. But it would certainly be a noticeable "thankyou".

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
There is a question of whether ANYTHING will survive.

The most likely would be a proprietary closed system from Big Tobacco.
But the FDA still may not even approve any of those.

And then there are some of the bigger non-tobacco players that may give it a go...
I'm thinking mainly NJoy at this point.

And then you have some hopefuls, like Halo, on the next tier.
The truth is that nobody really knows at this point.

Hiya DC.

Very little will survive.

I would submit to you that the intent of the regulation was so that the FDA's strategic partner, BT, would be able to make a successful submission, while the costs are prohibitive to nearly all other entities. The FDA has manipulated this situation quite effectively while maintaining enough of a "public health" pretense to appease the casual observer.

But yes, you are correct, nobody really knows.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Hiya DC.

I would submit to you that the intent of the regulation was so that the FDA's strategic partner, BT, would be able to make a successful submission, while the costs are prohibitive to nearly all other entities.

Totally disagree with this assertion simply because it makes too much sense. I'm convinced that vaping regulation is merely due to a cultural bias against smoking and anything that looks like smoking. Nothing to do with science or facts.

It's really that simple. Just look at Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread