Who would be best to talk with about this? (project invovling CASAA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I'm currently a Mechanical Engineering student, and my Technical Writing class has been assigned a project to work with a NPO of our choice, basically to be their free research team. We are supposed to contact an NPO and offer our services for researching something the organization needs some information on, figuring out a better way to raise funds, etc.

Past student projects involved a local small business focused NPO. The students were told by the NPO that many small business in the downtown Portland, OR area have trouble with homeless people coming in and using their restrooms, or attempting to use them and causing issues. The students researched some ways to solve this issue, and they ended up basically making a map of the dowtown area's public restrooms, and distributed it to the local small business so that they could direct bathroom seekers in the right direction.

While I question how profound the impact was for that, it gives a general idea of what we are supposed to be doing. Being a relatively long-time vaper who is passionate about vaping and defending vaping, it only made sense for me to select CASAA as the NPO of choice.

I've called their contact number and left a message, as well as sending an Email through CASAA's on-site contact form. I was going to post in the CASAA forum, but they evidently shut it down. Time is very tight with this project (being a condensed summer term and all) so I'm trying to cover all bases and get into contact with them in any way possible.

I figured there were probably some people here on ECF that have a more direct line to CASAA than the standard contact lines (isn't one of the VP live guys a board member? I'm pretty sure he posts here) and was hoping for a little help.

Obviously our goal is to help the NPO with whatever issues they request, and I've already thought of several ways in which our team could help out. Do some research into getting funding, maybe some sort of community polls or something to gauge general knowledge of vaping and attitudes, stuff like that.

Thanks for taking the time to read this post, and if you have any suggestions or could provide any help in the matter, it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread