Who would have thought I quit the wrong way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
look, I don't want to get into geo-politics but who would have thought that with ALL that is going on on this little blue pearl we call earth my method of QUITTING SMOKING would be under attack?!?! Let's be clear, that is exactly what is happening right now. There are millions of us former smokers who are no longer chained to that prison and yet our method, our hobby, our Rosetta Stone is under the thumb of folks who simply don't like the method. Don't like what it looks like. Don't like that some of us are no longer doing our patriotic duty and allowing our vice to funnel money's into their pockets. And quite frankly are willing to wager the lives of countless millions more for the sake of profit or tax revenue. Do you not feel that is silly? What is the worth of health? What is the worth of spending more time with your family and friends? Well according to some in power they would tell you quarterly profits or appropriate tax revenue.

I digress, I am proud to say that I quit smoking because I found a solid vape. And I'll be damned if the FDA says I don't exist.

We must all stand together or we will surely hang as individuals said someone once.

This is no call to action. This is one person who is tired of folks fighting a tiny fight over how I (we) chose to quit smoking (the FDA, not our allies) when there are so many more pressing matters which our elected and non-elected official should be spending there time.

You want to save children and prevent disease: feed them and give them drinkable water.

Demanding that adults quit smoking in a manner you see fit is like starving to death while you wait for your steak to be cooked to temperature. I am embarrassed by the FDA.

I am thankful for our allies.

vape ON!

jmur

Aggie AND Moon's Acct., on retainer for Beckyblue
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Connecticut
Agree.

I posted this not 4 minutes ago in another thread:

There's so many far reaching facets to these regs that it actually gets harder and harder to see them as a whole. I still firmly believe that there is one reason alone for this. It's not about our health, it's not about protecting the children, it's not about safety. It's about MONEY. Couldn't be more clear. The well entrenched cig industry sees their market slowly being eroded, at the same time the Feds and the states realize they're being shorted out of huge monies. It was the "perfect storm" (for us) waiting to happen. To their way of thinking BT gets to enter (take over) a new market, and the Fed and the states get to keep the outrageous tobacco taxes rolling in. How can it be looked at in any other light?

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
Agree.

I posted this not 4 minutes ago in another thread:

There's so many far reaching facets to these regs that it actually gets harder and harder to see them as a whole. I still firmly believe that there is one reason alone for this. It's not about our health, it's not about protecting the children, it's not about safety. It's about MONEY. Couldn't be more clear. The well entrenched cig industry sees their market slowly being eroded, at the same time the Feds and the states realize they're being shorted out of huge monies. It was the "perfect storm" (for us) waiting to happen. To their way of thinking BT gets to enter (take over) a new market, and the Fed and the states get to keep the outrageous tobacco taxes rolling in. How can it be looked at in any other light?
Don't forget about BP, who I believe helped shape the deeming regulations. Follow the money indeed.

There is no more important issue to corporations and to many politicians than money. They have sold their souls.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
Thank you David and Hazy. I hope that others will see that the real battle is WHAT they battle. They (FDA AND OTHERS) are battling how we quit smoking. That's simply insane considering the challenges which consume this planet.

That we vape is simply a verb. That I am passionate about it is simply one thing I am passionate about. But to my point: when I am old and gray I will cherish the extra time I am, God willing, granted to spend with my family and friends because many moons ago a technology, not a burning plant, allowed me to stop inhaling thousands of deadly cancer causing agents. Sadly, this sentiment is too far sighted for the FDA to acknowledge. Sad really when I think about it.

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
The real challenge afforded this community is how do you legislate or judicate "common sense" when greed is common and sense is money?

Answer: people.

People willing to say; this is ludicrous: you are angry because they didn't quit smoking the way you WISH they had quit.
A pox on both your houses BP and BT. And to be honest they are but bit parts in this global play.

We must as a human people recognize our sameness: we are all someone's child. We are all someone whom someone else loves. Damn it all do we not deserve our chance?

VAPE ON.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
The county I live in is on track to have over 500 overdose deaths this year-due to one big illegal drug. I am mad that our government is wasting it's time and resources on fighting vaping instead of the drug that is actually killing people right now. I haven't even heard of any fights or other disturbances at local vape stores. I haven't heard of people leaving their local vape store and having bad car accidents. I don't see crowds of teenagers standing on the local corner vaping. I suppose the above incidents could be occurring in other parts of the country, but not around here. Here we have crimes being committed by those involved with illegal drugs and those people are dying! But our wonderful government is worried about vaping?

Buckeyevapen

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2016
The county I live in is on track to have over 500 overdose deaths this year-due to one big illegal drug. I am mad that our government is wasting it's time and resources on fighting vaping instead of the drug that is actually killing people right now. I haven't even heard of any fights or other disturbances at local vape stores. I haven't heard of people leaving their local vape store and having bad car accidents. I don't see crowds of teenagers standing on the local corner vaping. I suppose the above incidents could be occurring in other parts of the country, but not around here. Here we have crimes being committed by those involved with illegal drugs and those people are dying! But our wonderful government is worried about vaping?
Thank you Jingles. It is infuriating when one steps back a moment and sets a perspective on how utterly sophomoric the fight against vaping, quitting smoking truly is when such greater concerns confront us as individuals, towns, cities, states and nations.

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
That is why they have never bothered the Patch or the Nic Locenges....these don't work for most people but vaping did. This hit their wallets so action had to be taken. Personally I hate the Patch! All it did was leave inflamed red squares where ever I would put it. Took the craving away sure...but couldn't put up with the welts!

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
The fda has become the single most powerful (legal ?) drug cartel in the world, not just nationwide, a place to move / transfer moneys from racketeering hedge funds to presidential administration to lawmakers, just propaganda ?
Homeland security, you took an oath of honor and I think it's just that that's being overlooked ...........

The Criminalization of Politics: Hillary Accused of Racketeering by the FBI, Will She be Dumped from the Presidential Race?

Reports: Judge unlikely to throw out Trump University racketeering lawsuit

FDA Kingpin Charged with Racketeering
Why does the general public not see these things ? because these people own the news channels

Last edited:

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
They know damn well right their NRT products suck, (you don't think they have the money / resources to design something better ?) even ask that you not use them for more than six months, because they can't (won't) control the ween off doses correctly, or the ability to be satisfied, because sickness is the name of the game.
Your physician suggest chantix, if you don't drive off a cliff, loose the desire to stay employed, great, your now a manic depressant, well great news, they have (several) prescriptions for that too, and as a result looks like your loosing the function of your liver ? when does it get better ?
448,000 and growing ...............

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
It started about 10 years ago with a urinary tract infection...

My father (76 years old at the time) was living alone, and got a urinary tract infection.
This led to him going pretty much nuts for a short time.

When he was released from the temporary holding facility he was taking Zyprexa.
This led to a decline in his well-being that is a story too long for this space.

Suffice to say that side-effects brought on other prescriptions.
And others, and others.

Then one day, when my former father was reduced to a drooling clump of human...
I said screw all of this crap.

NO MORE MEDICATIONS.
Remove them all, as fast as possible.

He is still on some, but not the worst ones.
And now he is about 50% better.

And I live with the guilt of not doing something sooner.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
NO MORE MEDICATIONS.
And just want to make clear...

I am not saying don't use pharmaceutical products or take prescriptions.
There are some important life-saving drugs out there.

But don't blindly trust these people with your lives.

There is a thing called Google now.
Use it, and ask questions.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
My father was eventually diagnosed with "small vessel disease" which was wrong.
Then later was diagnosed with "Lewy Body Dementia" which was wrong.

All of these diagnoses were due to the side-effects of the drug cocktails he was given.
None of them were real, but his decline in health sure was.

Now he is 86 and better than he has been in years.
Keep a watch over those you love, and don't trust anyone without doing research.

That is all I have to say about that.

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain
It started about 10 years ago with a urinary tract infection...

My father (76 years old at the time) was living alone, and got a urinary tract infection.
This led to him going pretty much nuts for a short time.

When he was released from the temporary holding facility he was taking Zyprexa.
This led to a decline in his well-being that is a story too long for this space.

Suffice to say that side-effects brought on other prescriptions.
And others, and others.

Then one day, when my former father was reduced to a drooling clump of human...
I said screw all of this crap.

NO MORE MEDICATIONS.

He is still on some, but not the worst ones.
And now he is about 50% better.

And I live with the guilt of not doing something sooner.
ditto,,,,,,,mother nature has pretty much given us 99% of what we need to fix ourselves..........now big pharma hasn't actually cured as much as they have drugged us. you see it on the commercials...........the list of side affects. ---its crazy,,, but the FDA gave their blessing to treat all humans as lab rats if they are willing to buy those drugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread