Who's had or thinks they've had Covid-19?

Status
Not open for further replies.

searcher

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
Bossier City, La
I was wondering the same thing just the other day. I've had far fewer respiratory infections in the almost 11 years since I started vaping. The link is good reading Rossum, but from what I see there Anna (you'll be in my prayers tonight) is the only member reporting possible symptoms. Anna, I sure hope you get better real soon.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have been sick for a month but I also am anemic and despite my hearing some revolting little man who I finally had to put on ignore because his cowardice made me vomit SAYS I AM LYING despite 3 separate docs diagnosing me with symptoms and I have been sick a month now, since I got a negative test it's all in my head I guess although ALL three gave me variants of THIS as the reason for my negative test:

The problems with COVID-19 testing. (And it’s not what you think).

Well I'm here to say I was not TERRIBLE but then I got rather sick I am on abx waiting for a chest X-ray ,and once that is done I am going to DEMAND iron injections because I can't take the pills and I would like some red blood cells with which to make some more white blood cells with or however the hell it works.

Anna

Keep vaping if reports are true I sure am because THIS is UNPLEASANT.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Both my wife and myself had mild covid19 like symptoms after traveling through 5 international airports. (8 if you count duplicate visits to same airports)
We stood in lines with no distancing practices at all in all of them.
We werent eligible for testing at that stage and still arent.
We self isolated for 14 days and saw no one. Only time we went outside was to walk the dogs each day and avoided people and I have a 5km run I do every second day where I dont see anyone.
We are both really fit and healthy but if it was C19 and I got it 3.5yrs ago with the health problems I had then it wouldve been an interesting comparison.
While we were both experiencing the symptoms neither of us felt particularly ill. Just a dry cough, felt a bit flat and tired and achy and a bit of a stomach up set.
fwiw, the doctor wouldnt see us in person when we told the receptionist that we had traveled OS and had certain symptoms. We spoke on the phone with our doctor and then we were later called by a gov health dept dealing with the outbreak who checked regularly that we were doing fine. At best we got a "maybe" diagnosis. They instructed us to self isolate but we already had and were going to continue to do so anyway.

A friend, 72yr old, was on the Ruby Princess. He is a healthy fit man with no health issues what so ever and a long term healthy diet and exercise practitioner. He did contract C19 but only suffered minor symptoms slightly worse than my wife and myself. His isolation was quite a bit longer than ours.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I have been sick for a month but I also am anemic and despite my hearing some revolting little man who I finally had to put on ignore because his cowardice made me vomit SAYS I AM LYING despite 3 separate docs diagnosing me with symptoms and I have been sick a month now, since I got a negative test it's all in my head I guess although ALL three gave me variants of THIS as the reason for my negative test:

The problems with COVID-19 testing. (And it’s not what you think).

Well I'm here to say I was not TERRIBLE but then I got rather sick I am on abx waiting for a chest X-ray ,and once that is done I am going to DEMAND iron injections because I can't take the pills and I would like some red blood cells with which to make some more white blood cells with or however the hell it works.

Anna

Keep vaping if reports are true I sure am because THIS is UNPLEASANT.
You wont make more white blood cells by getting more red blood cells via iron injections. White blood cells are made in bone marrow. Red blood cells made in the spleen and elsewhere. They have nothing to do with each other.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
In this particular case, it just means "Good wishes for a quick and impact-free recovery".
Oh okay, thanks. I thought that may have been the intention having read other posts by you and gotten to know your posting style.
The symbol is often used in a .....y passive aggressive way by some here, I wasnt completely certain what to make of it. :D Thought I better check.

It was in the 1st couple of weeks of February so its been a while now. Im fine and so is my wife. I still wear a mask everywhere just in case, for other peoples benefit not mine.

One funny out come is when Im at the store and someone stands too close I tell them that I have had C19 and its up to them if they want to stand so close. At first I use to just ask them to step away and keep distance, I got annoyed looks, attitude and resentment. Since I started slipping in that I had had C19(whether I did or didnt at this point is immaterial) they almost fall over themselves trying to get away. :D

• Winner
Reactions: DavidOck

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yeah I have a very hazy understanding of how blood works for some reason. Ask me anything about the brain-- cerebral hemisphere, the pons, brain stem, neurons! LOL have not even finished my first thermos of coffee yet, but ask me anything! Blood not so much.

I don't want a blood transfusion I want iron injections because I am anemic and I can't take the pills. I been eating a ton of liver but that is the long way round.

Anna

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah I have a very hazy understanding of how blood works for some reason. Ask me anything about the brain-- cerebral hemisphere, the pons, brain stem, neurons! LOL have not even finished my first thermos of coffee yet, but ask me anything! Blood not so much.

I don't want a blood transfusion I want iron injections because I am anemic and I can't take the pills. I been eating a ton of liver but that is the long way round.

Anna
You cant get iron by injection. It has to be by IV.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I think i had it for the best part of a hour about ten or eleven months ago. I was sitting at home minding my own business doing practically nothing. Then, out of the clear blue sky i started sweating. I was "literally" sitting around doing nothing !. Within five mintues sweat was dripping of my chin, running down my face, getting in my eyes, my whole body was drenched. It didn't stop, it continued to get worse and throughout this time i was feeling very nauseated. Within an hour it subsided and i felt perfectly fine after that. But it was extraordinary, i've never sweated quite like that before in my life that i can remember. Our summers aren't that great here and even when the weather does get hot i never sweat like that. Not even racing for fifteen miles on a bicyle in the hot weather have i perspired that much, never !. It was quite a memorable experience that i won't forget.

I think i should point out that i did suffer from double Pneumonia when i was around five years old, which was about 45 years ago. While i was in the hospital with it my heart did stop for about twenty minutes or so. I haven't actually been the same since. I have an incredibly hard time with short term memory as a result. Apart from that i'm alright i think.

So yes i probably did have it quite bad. Probably quite a high Sars-cov-2 viral load combined with a tailor made immune system that reduced the viral load into an acute but temporary fever.

I've been debating with myself whether or not i should share this. But i can't see any harm in bringing it up.

And if it wasn't Sars-cov-2 then i really have no idea what it was.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I believe that post was called "sarcasm." And also "hilariously funny." :lol::lol::lol:

Anna
Maybe it was sarcasm. But CV came from bats, right?

Is it possible that Evan is...

Batman.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread