Status
Not open for further replies.

Bella Chic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2009
Southeast Texas
What I think is everyone has there own likes and dislikes. If you are into the box mods then go for it. I'm personally not, that would be my dislike. I just can't imagine myself holding a box to vape, to me that wouldn't be comfortable at all. I like the cylidrical shape so after a long long decision process I finally got what I wanted and ordered the Precise 16340. For me this was the best decision for me. The things I like others are not, things that are best for me are not for others. It's all just personal preference in my opinion. If you want the wetbox, go getcha one :) Happy vapin! :)

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
I am into my 2nd month of Vaping... I just purchased my first mod. I am very happy with my regular PV, but got curious lurking around the forums and week off of work to give a mod a shoot. I am a frequent flyer and still plan to use my PV on the road, put wanted to give a mod a try sitting on my desk as a I chain vape....

I waited until I broke even first. Now I am in the red again..... :)

MichelleDen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
Denmark
Well since you ask for everybodys opinion, I would like to say I think mods are silly.. especially higher voltage ones..
IMO 3,7 is the sweet spot for vaping, and for me, theres no point in it, if I have to use a box or a big pipe like thingy.. I'd rather change batts and fill some cartos once in a while, to keep the ciggie like feeling to it... As we "write", I'm puffing my shorty kr8, hands free... Can't do that with a mod..
So its as allways down to what's most important to YOU.. Is it not having to fill or drip often, then a wet box could be the deal:thumb:

Ryan Cummings

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2010
Just moved to Fort Hood, TX
I personally like using ce2 cartomizers. Sure I have to mod the plugs a little to make them easier to clean but they hold 2ml of juice each, last 2 months or more, taste great, work as well as an atty for dripping, are much cheaper than attys, are much easier to change flavors than a juice bottle in the wetbox, and 3 last me a whole day of heavy vaping. It was cheaper than investing in a new mod too.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
Before you jump to a wetbox, try some clearomizers that are out now. Also don't let anyone tell you 3.7 is all you need. Everyone is different, however, volt changes make a huge difference in taste along w/different ohm attys or cartomizers. Some people like 3.7, 4.2, 4.6, 5, 6, 7 volts. Best thing for you to do is read, read, and read different forums, watch youtube, etc. and learn. Read about all the problems of each mod you may be interested in. The most important thing to learn first is about SAFE batteries and safety features on the mod you want. My 2 cents

QUOTE=Monkerfish;2391369]I am thinking of getting a wetbox. Whats your opinion??[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
If a wetbox is what you are really after, click here. oldgoat backs his work. I have 2 of the 3.7v wetboxes that he makes and love both of them. For leaking issues. Take a small double folded piece of paper towel. Make sure it's small enough to fit but not too small. Make sense? After filling your bottle, poke it through the center of the little piece of paper towel, then insert the needle into the hole in the top. Paper towel will be on the inside of the box and will catch any drips that get past you.

Now if you're interested in other types of mods. There's a bunch. Just like juice, it's subjective. What I like you may or may not like.

I have the following: VV Saber Touch with map tank, GGTB, Ken's Big Brother VV, Ken's Little Sister VV, Ken's Mod Box 3.7v, The Buzz, Icon 3.7v, eGo's, and standard 510 baby bats.

Last edited:

BradSmith

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2010
Northern Michigan USA
One of the nice things is longer battery life and non-propriatry batteries. A simple box mod with a 14500 batteries isn't really all that big but they have a long lasting battery and are true 3.7 devices. So you can use LR cartomizers or atties without fear of messing up the batter or destroying a switch like so many people have done on smaller PVs even including the eGo/clones. If you're not hung up on it looking like a cig they are great. I do understand how it's just not the ticket for some people though. I started with just a basic 510 because I thought I would need something that looked and felt more like a cig. But honestly it never did feel or smoke like a cig to me. Now I'm more concerned with battery life and having a good consistant hit. Box mods are great for that. I haven't tried the wetbox so I can't say how that part of it works but it does seem like a pretty cool idea.

Happy Vaping.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I found the wetbox when i was really getting a taste for vaping and knew i was like a chain vaper... the price was right.
But.. it didn't hold up to my demands of constant use.. i don't think it's made for it.

Eventually I paid a lot more for the high end bottom feeders...all of them, to settle on the Phidias, which took some time to learn how to use the vertical feed system ( you turn it upside down and squeeze whereas the others pump it up from the bottom) . It still feeds the bottom of the atty. The Phidias has the best hit for a 3.7v mod in the opinion of every one who has one.

If you want to use the wetbox casually, it's a very fun mod... getting your first bottom feeder ... NO More Messy Dripping ... is a Gas!

southernjaperican

Jan 1, 2011
Memphis, Tn
I haven't even gotten my first order (ordered friday december 31st lol) and already i am worried about finding a good solid hitting piece and wonder if i should have ordered a diy mod box kit too. I liked to hot box my home rolled cigs and the njoy is starving me for a hit. I dont know what to do. I ordered the 510 pcc kit from madvapes but now i wonder if i have just spent money on something that i already have (i have 3 njoy express kits due to multiple problems)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I haven't even gotten my first order (ordered friday december 31st lol) and already i am worried about finding a good solid hitting piece and wonder if i should have ordered a diy mod box kit too. I liked to hot box my home rolled cigs and the njoy is starving me for a hit. I dont know what to do. I ordered the 510 pcc kit from madvapes but now i wonder if i have just spent money on something that i already have (i have 3 njoy express kits due to multiple problems)

I wouldn't worry. The cool thing about your 510 kit is that you can order spare attys, carts, cartos, etc. from dozens of different online vendors for very reasonable prices. If you use it for a bit and find that it's not doing the trick for you, figure out what it's lacking, and then you can step up to a mod that meets your needs.

I've been rocking the 510 for about 2 months now and figured out that I want to chain vape tasty low nic juice and swapping batteries and refilling carts & cartos is getting old. I have a Reo Grand, batteries, charger, and spare LR atty's ordered. I figure that will be a good solution for my wants & needs.

If you decide you need a mod, the right one for you is out there. This forum is a tremendous tool to help you decide which, should you ever reach that point.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH
I use the 510 setup and I found I was going through batteries way too fast. Then I found you can use the EGO and EM RIVA batteries. A standard 510 batt is 180mAh and the xl 510 is 280mAh. The standard EGO is 650mAh and the standard EM RIVA is 750mAh. I have gone 3 days on the EGO battery. The 510 atty is compatible with both. There are also XL versions of both.

Prodigal441

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
NH

I love my 510 so much I tell all of my analog smoking friends about it and I have converted 3 of them in the last 2 weeks. More to be converted as soon as i see them in the near future. You made a good choice with the 510. I have used smoking everywhere and cloud9 (the same type) and they were really poor for vapor production and over all performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread