Why Am I Getting This Stripped Down Version Of ECF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
For some reason, on my IE browser, I'm getting a stripped down version of ECF.
"images, links, media has been removed" is at the top of each thread, and everything is plain text.

Is the forum broken for the time being, or is this a user-end issue? I don't have another browser to check & all other websites are working normally.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
For some reason, on my IE browser, I'm getting a stripped down version of ECF.
"images, links, media has been removed" is at the top of each thread, and everything is plain text.

Is the forum broken for the time being, or is this a user-end issue? I don't have another browser to check & all other websites are working normally.
Hi mate,
What version of windows are you using?
What version of IE?

"How to Configure the Internet Explorer Settings to Always Allow the Blocked Content
  1. From Internet Explorer, select the Tools menu, then Internet Options.
  2. In the Internet Options dialog, select the Advance tab.
  3. Scroll down to the Security options. Enable the checkbox Allow active content to run in files on My Computer."

HTH
I

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
IE is a terrible browser, nows a good time to start using literally any other one.
It’s not just awful it’s actually been end of lifed. Microsoft does “edge” now which is based on chrome.

I suggest Firefox myself
Download the fastest Firefox ever
Works on everything, shares its bookmarks with other instances, and has no tracking.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
I support firefox 100% over IE/Edge, but, I haven't bothered to switch on my current rig. Haven't had many problems. Probably would have less adobe/ad issues if I switched to FireFox but, whatever. If this happens again, I'll look into whitelisting ECF &/or dumping the IE. Currently running W10.

• Informative
Reactions: Izan

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I support firefox 100% over IE/Edge, but, I haven't bothered to switch on my current rig. Haven't had many problems. Probably would have less adobe/ad issues if I switched to FireFox but, whatever. If this happens again, I'll look into whitelisting ECF &/or dumping the IE. Currently running W10.
Then edge is at least an option for you. They’re only allowing it on win10or later even though there’s no actual technical reason. It’s all marketing BS.

Reactions: Plumes.91

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
IE has been the laughing stock of the internet savvy for over a decade for a good reason. Vendors don't decommission things because they are good. Scrapping it and replacing it with an application based on another browser confirms that. The reason most people use it is because it comes bundled with Windows, which is why (like Windows) it's primarily particularly vulnerable to viruses and other exploits.

GpIIVj7.jpg

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
IE has been the laughing stock of the internet savvy for over a decade for a good reason. Vendors don't decommission things because they are good. Scrapping it and replacing it with an application based on another browser confirms that. The reason most people use it is because it comes bundled with Windows, which is why (like Windows) it's primarily particularly vulnerable to viruses and other exploits.

GpIIVj7.jpg
Watched a history on ie recently. It’s actually the origional mosaic from back in the day. Microsoft bought it. Edge and chrome are still spyware though.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
EVERYTHING is monitored, regardless of what browser you use.
Mostly True. There’s a difference between monitoring and tracking though. Primarily in what happens to the information and whether or not it is monetized. There are also VPNs which at least make the problem of doing so complicated enough that automatic systems don’t do it casually looking to sweep up masses of saleable tidbits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread