The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why am I not getting no flavor from my reload rta

Discussion in 'RTA' started by fifamymaingame, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fifamymaingame

fifamymaingame Super Member

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
  2. VictorViper

VictorViper Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    So.. you are getting flavour, then?

Did you overstuff your cotton? That'd be the first place I look, send a pic.

• Like Like x 2
  3. listopencil

listopencil Ultra Member

Jun 28, 2017
    In Partibus Infidelium

A linguistics professor was lecturing to his class one day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. In some languages though, such as Russian, a double negative is still a negative.

However," he pointed out, "there is no language wherein a double positive can form a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 3
  4. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Maybe keep vaping it a bit, let the wick break in. Did you thoroughly saturate the wick with juice before filling the tank? I take it plenty of vape, you just can't taste it, or not really much vape, either.

Also, what did you build, what are you running it on, and etc.??

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  5. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    I've rewicked this thing 20 times already finally got the length right the cotton in the coil is pretty loose for the past week ammit 25 this feel like no flavor dome every palate cleanse known to man just taste of plain juice

Attached Files:

6. VictorViper

Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    I mean it looks fine enough... what wattage are you vaping at? Could also be a case of vaper's tongue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    It's been over a week I took 3 days off and I'm going between about 60 90 starting to taste burnt and hear a sizzle nothing I do I can't taste a damn thing my mango purple cheese cake my coffee

8. VictorViper

Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    I'm not familiar with that atty, so I'll end things here, but if it were me and that was my first build, it'd be back to the drawing board. Small changes have massive impact, keep at it.

Assuming you properly worked those coils into an even, tandem glow, and you're getting decent vapour production, you should be tasting something at least, even if not ideal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    I've had my shop build and wick it same thing so I moved the coils re wicked it 20 times getting the length right cuz I was getting leaking I'm at a lost I can taste the coffee flavor I can taste everything in the tfv8 I have tho so I'm at a loss I've watched every single reload video i can find n copied every thing fine

10. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    15080129257431423427245.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. VictorViper

Jun 22, 2013
    Vancouver
    Hopefully someone with the atty will be by soon to give you a little more customized advice. Something as extreme as zero flavour would usually come along with a hackjob of a coil pic, but happily that's not the case here... sadly makes it tougher to diagnose.

BTW post more detail - resistance, your mod/mode/power, etc. will be helpful.

12. AzPlumber

AzPlumber Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2011
    Arizona
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Have you tried restricting the airflow? Too much air will dilute any flavors.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    .239 alien anywhere from60 to 100

• Like Like x 1
  15. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    I have and didn't feel an increase here's how long and thin and fluffy the cotton has been

16. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Yes I don't know that RTA either, but is this your first RTA? Everything seems a bit different in those at first, and wicking is much harder. Your coils look good, I'd consider experimenting with your wicking, but you may not get the same "taste and feel" that you will with premanufactured coils, it's just not the same. Have you tried any other liquids in it other than those two, you might be surprised with the taste of a new liquid that doesn't taste like you are "expecting" it to taste in the BBB tank that you have? Though, I haven't really heard of this problem before, especially since you took it in to get it coiled.

Airflow matters, but also you may want to try starting out Very Low on your wattage and priming..... You may find the sweet spot in this RTA is much lower than the BB.

Good luck!

Anna

• Like Like x 1
  17. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Could it be the ni80 framed staples I had in before?

Attached Files:

18. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    I've tried everything

Attached Files:

19. fifamymaingame

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    First day it was flavorful since not so much

Attached Files:

20. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Have you brushed/thinned out the wicks before reassembling the tank using tweezers? Before you reassemble it spread the wicks apart that go into the well, apart inside the well to allow more liquid to get to the wicks.
    Test fire the wicks soaked with liquid before reassembling the tank to make sure you are getting flavor(by smell).
    Hth

Sent from the future

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.