Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@fifamymaingame,
Does your coil resistance reading change from before putting on the chamber cap; to after tightening down your chamber cap?

Looking at this photo from your post (post #30):
upload_2017-10-23_22-10-40.png

The coil looks huge (tall)! I am wondering if it is too tall for the chamber cap; and is shorting out when you screw the cap on. This would be evident by a change in resistance/ohms, when comparing the "not assembled" reading, to the "assembled" reading (if you are using a regulated mod; the display may even read "atomizer short" when you try to fire the assembled rta). It would also explain why you seem to detect great flavor directly off the coils and then nothing once capped:
Tastes great when Inhale from test firing the coils and getting the vape off the coils but soon as the chambers on nothing lol

If that is the case, you may need to drop the coil a little lower onto the deck (if you can; be careful not to create a short to the deck), or wrap a smaller diameter coil.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
It was the coil id but no resistance changes and that build it was super close to air flow
What was that; 3mm, 4mm, I.D. coils?
Okay; I understand a larger coil I.D. will cause a coil to sit taller on a deck. Just for giggles; you might try building the same coils, but wrap them a half millimeter (or even 1 millimeter) smaller diameter, and see if that helps at all. Bigger is not always better... just saying.;)

BTW: you never did say whether you were using this atty/build, on a mech mod, or a regulated mod.

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread