The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Why am I not getting no flavor from my reload rta

Discussion in 'RTA' started by fifamymaingame, Oct 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    @fifamymaingame,
    Does your coil resistance reading change from before putting on the chamber cap; to after tightening down your chamber cap?

Looking at this photo from your post (post #30):
    upload_2017-10-23_22-10-40.png

The coil looks huge (tall)! I am wondering if it is too tall for the chamber cap; and is shorting out when you screw the cap on. This would be evident by a change in resistance/ohms, when comparing the "not assembled" reading, to the "assembled" reading (if you are using a regulated mod; the display may even read "atomizer short" when you try to fire the assembled RTA). It would also explain why you seem to detect great flavor directly off the coils and then nothing once capped:
    If that is the case, you may need to drop the coil a little lower onto the deck (if you can; be careful not to create a short to the deck), or wrap a smaller diameter coil.

• Like Like x 2
  2. fifamymaingame

fifamymaingame Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    It was the coil id but no resistance changes and that build it was super close to air flow

• Like Like x 1
  3. IDJoel

IDJoel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 20, 2015
    Boise, ID
    What was that; 3mm, 4mm, I.D. coils?
    Okay; I understand a larger coil I.D. will cause a coil to sit taller on a deck. Just for giggles; you might try building the same coils, but wrap them a half millimeter (or even 1 millimeter) smaller diameter, and see if that helps at all. Bigger is not always better... just saying.;)

BTW: you never did say whether you were using this atty/build, on a mech mod, or a regulated mod.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fifamymaingame

fifamymaingame Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2017
    Colorado
    Regulated paranormal 166 still have flavor issues must be me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Saad77

Saad77 New Member

Mar 4, 2018

Any luck so far ?
    im having same issues with ammit dual coil , i tried to tweak every possible thing, the flavor taste is not so much.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.