Why anything other than Sony vtc4 18650 batteries?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickeddeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2013
JBLM
honestly i dont mind how long the battery lasts... as long as its a good battery... thats why i keep spares... especially considering that i dont vape enough to go through 3 batteries in a work day... so as long as my batteries can get me home charge, and replace... im good...

all that said i enjoy better batteries that last longer, but i always carry spares... gonna pick up an extra pair of tweezers and small pair of nail clippers and keep that with a cotton ball with me as... the UH OH i burnt the cotton, it doesnt happen often, in fact its very rare, but better safe than sorry... right? am i right?

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Samsung inr-18650-20R is neck to neck w/ VTC4 at 0.5 ohms but 20R clearly beat VTC4 in my 1.2 ohm voltage drop battle.
I don't own VTC5 or purple efest to compare.

What OP said about Sony, is how I feel about Samsung 20R ... I don't need anything else, and so I haven't purchased anything else.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Quite often "best ever" seems to be the same as "better than that other one I tried".

There's always a negative nancy in every thread I make, no matter how positive I try to make it seem. I haven't tried everything under the sun no, but I am a pretty good researcher :D. While doing my research I get pointed to the same battery by almost everyone I repect in the vaping community, which is the vtc4(5 now). Their are countless actual scientific tests called "shootouts" that if you've ever checked them out they usually have the same result.

The great 30A shootout Sony US18650VTC3 vs Efest 30ASun-Vapers.com
View attachment 321169 View attachment 321170

*And I could give a high-wattage crap who makes the best, most efficient battery, I'm not on "team sony" or saying "holy crap I bought this so it's better than yours" I'm just sharing my experience that I've felt with my own lungs, and stats I've seen with my own eyes.* Here's the batteries I've tried for sheeyits and giggles:
AW IMR 18650 2000mAh
30A Efest IMR 18650 1600mAh 3.7V high drain
Ultra Fire 18650 3.7V 5000mAH
Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max 3.7V 3400mAh (these were pretty shibby, but surprisingly similar performance to vtc4)
MNKE IMR18650 1500mAh High Drain

Only 5 types, which is alot for someone like me that researches everything he buys, because my momma taught me right. :p I'm guessing that's a pretty experienced amount though, as I'm pretty sure I gave basically the "top 5" a run for their money. And they are all good batteries too, I've had a good experience with all of them.I just know where my money is going until someone credible I respect tells me, "this one is definitely better". So I'm not sure if I know alot relative to battery experts, because I don't spend alot of time thinking about batteries to be honest, I have 16 now so I could care less about charge time, or even vape time, but I'm no idiot that get's proud over the only product he owns :).

View attachment 321172

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I guess because I use a regulated mod, need button tops, and my 6 Panasonics I bought a year or so ago are still going strong.

I'm pretty sure Authentic AW Batteries at RTD Vapor would have whatever you need as far as batteries are concerned. They are my go to vendor for batteries and chargers.

Yeah I'm not choosing sides or saying one battery is terrible, to be honest the 5 brands I've tried gave me all what I wanted :), I didn't dislike them at all. Let's just say I don't buy arrowhead water because it tastes like New York tap water, the reason isn't because it doesn't do the same job as smart-water, it's just that I get a slightly better experience with SM so they get my money :D.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I've been using AWs since I started, nearly 3 years ago. The only others I've tried are a couple Efests here and there. I do plan on trying some VTC4s next time I buy batteries.

AW's are awesome, they are pretty much tied for 1st with sony. The only difference I've noticed is that Sony's stay much cooler, not heat worries.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
There's always a negative nancy in every thread I make, no matter how positive I try to make it seem. I haven't tried everything under the sun no, but I am a pretty good researcher :D. While doing my research I get pointed to the same battery by almost everyone I repect in the vaping community, which is the vtc4(5 now). Their are countless actual scientific tests called "shootouts" that if you've ever checked them out they usually have the same result.

The great 30A shootout Sony US18650VTC3 vs Efest 30ASun-Vapers.com
View attachment 321169 View attachment 321170

*And I could give a high-wattage crap who makes the best, most efficient battery, I'm not on "team sony" or saying "holy crap I bought this so it's better than yours" I'm just sharing my experience that I've felt with my own lungs, and stats I've seen with my own eyes.* Here's the batteries I've tried for sheeyits and giggles:
AW IMR 18650 2000mAh
30A Efest IMR 18650 1600mAh 3.7V high drain
Ultra Fire 18650 3.7V 5000mAH
Panasonic NCR18650B Super Max 3.7V 3400mAh (these were pretty shibby, but surprisingly similar performance to vtc4)
MNKE IMR18650 1500mAh High Drain

Only 5 types, which is alot for someone like me that researches everything he buys, because my momma taught me right. :p I'm guessing that's a pretty experienced amount though, as I'm pretty sure I gave basically the "top 5" a run for their money. And they are all good batteries too, I've had a good experience with all of them.I just know where my money is going until someone credible I respect tells me, "this one is definitely better". So I'm not sure if I know alot relative to battery experts, because I don't spend alot of time thinking about batteries to be honest, I have 16 now so I could care less about charge time, or even vape time, but I'm no idiot that get's proud over the only product he owns :).

View attachment 321172

I see OP is heavily edited now... but in all honesty the first incarnation very much came off as a know-it-all best-ever kind of thread.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
and my 2ml Aqua is perfectly balanced for a 18350 charge.

Speaking of aqua, your avatar is aqua beads right? Those little balls that soak up water, I've heard a rumor that I can't get a straight answer on and you'll probably think I'm wierd for asking but it's been in the back of my head for like 7 years haha maybe you know. Do people really get high off of those? (Not that I want to lol) Someone told me that ages ages ago, and it's been a curiosity forever, maybe they meant to soak up alcohol and swallow them, I don't know. Sorry for the odd question lol, maybe you know though.

emus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2009
Speaking of aqua, your avatar is aqua beads right? Those little balls that soak up water, I've heard a rumor that I can't get a straight answer on and you'll probably think I'm wierd for asking but it's been in the back of my head for like 7 years haha maybe you know. Do people really get high off of those? (Not that I want to lol) Someone told me that ages ages ago, and it's been a curiosity forever, maybe they meant to soak up alcohol and swallow them, I don't know. Sorry for the odd question lol, maybe you know though.

I don't know how to get high.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
two things;

1) damnit, jimi beat me to it, and;
2) no matter where the battery is made, the electricity i put into it is made in the good ole' US of A unless the EPA has banned that here too and somehow A/C current to my house is outsourced. :blink: it's possible, right?

I didn't know we could say damnit, that's awesome! No more :censored: for me, sorry off-topic. Yeah I wish my batteries would hurry up and die damnit, because I want to try out those vtc5's to see if there's a noticable difference...
damnit!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
honestly i dont mind how long the battery lasts... as long as its a good battery... thats why i keep spares... especially considering that i dont vape enough to go through 3 batteries in a work day... so as long as my batteries can get me home charge, and replace... im good...

all that said i enjoy better batteries that last longer, but i always carry spares... gonna pick up an extra pair of tweezers and small pair of nail clippers and keep that with a cotton ball with me as... the UH OH i burnt the cotton, it doesnt happen often, in fact its very rare, but better safe than sorry... right? am i right?
I hear ya brother, I've never been smart enough to think ahead like that though :rolleyes:, although I do have 2 batteries in my bronco at all times, not in my pocket though. If I burn the cotton, which I usually do I unfortunately just slide the wick down to the unburnt part and try to make it work lol. I used gauze one time during an "emergency" and it vaped awesome! It's already sterile too, I tried it when I got home and it honestly vaped just as well.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I don't use them for a few reasons.

1- They were out of stock everywhere when I need to order a set so I went with the eFest purples.
2- I have a mod that requires LOWER amp batteries as it runs two stacked (Duke mod).

That's a sweet diy mod, looks sturdy and has all the amps I need (10). They are next to each-other in tandem, does that count as stacked? Just like the dna20/30.
I've heard good things about those purps.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Hey I'm open minded :p if you have a battery I could sample for free I'd be happy to try it out :D, until then I'll let a battery professional let me know when I should buy another type.

Only battery professionals inform my battery purchase decisions. No test, no purchase .. and Sun Vapers doesn't count. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread