Why are all my DC tank Cartos leaking?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grants1

Jun 17, 2011
nowhere
As the title says.

When I first had the punched DC cartos in the tank, they'd work great for a day or two or three, no leaks. No drippage coming from the tank itself beneath the o - rings, but now, an annoying loss of juice / mess leaking out of the bottom of the 510 hole. I am definitely , positively , absolutely not flooding the cartos by having liquid seep over the top or in the center airflow hole.

Likewise, I have tried moving the carto down in the tank, closer to the o-rings, so that even if the holes were too big, I am still covering up more area of the hole as to not allow sucking in an excess of juice that would flood the carto.

This is aggravating me big time.

The problem is over 3 different cartos and making me lose faith in the idea of a DC carto tank. I'm getting super tired of wasting money, juice and time.

The O-rings also seem super snug to the point where getting the carto in the tank is often a chore, but even so, is there some sort of sealing issue that is preventing the vaccuum (in theory) from doing its job?

What's the deal? Argh!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

themysterious1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2011
Cuyahoga Falls,Ohio
I gave up on all the tanks the all leaked I have had them all except the J tank I wasnt gonna waste anymore money on them. If the holes are punched to big u can flood the atty? Thats when I gave up on them when I bought prepunched cartos that the holes where to big when I bought the tank and I leaked all over about 3ml of juice in less than a 1/2 hr. I hope u can get it fixed.

djrbx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Los Angeles, CA USA
icarlo.net
Get a jig and punch set from Jonah. He sells them at his site over at vapor-age. I was able to grab a set at VapeFest Vegas. Since I started using the jig and punch set, I can't look back. Perfect size holes every time. Just slide the Carto in and use the included punch with a hammer, repeat on other side of carto and your done. No mess and it doesn't deform the carto which is probably why so many people get leaks when punching their own cartos with a nail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread