Why are my coils burning up so fast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
I run 65w with the x6 coil. They been lasting a day if I’m lucky. Gonna try the mesh coils and see if that makes a difference and maybe another juice. It aggravating. Especially when I’m a truck driver and finding a vape shop big enough to accommodate a rig is almost impossible

Is strange the coil is burning so fast as the X6 recommended wattage is rated 50 to 120 wattage and 80 to 100 recommended Wattage so you are using it on the low rate of this coil.

I tried already all the coils but the strip coil (hopefully soon), and the one coil I like the least and will never use again is the X6. My experience was not as bad as yours but I did not like the flavor and the vaping was not that smooth.

Definitive try the mesh BUT make sure you prime the coil before use it.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Freddy Bell

Aug 9, 2018
Is strange the coil is burning so fast as the X6 recommended wattage is rated 50 to 120 wattage and 80 to 100 recommended Wattage so you are using it on the low rate of this coil.

I tried already all the coils but the strip coil (hopefully soon), and the one coil I like the least and will never use again is the X6. My experience was not as bad as yours but I did not like the flavor and the vaping was not that smooth.

Definitive try the mesh BUT make sure you prime the coil before use it.

Yes sir, I do prime the coil. May be doing it wrong tho idk. I put liquid on the cotton. Letting it soak up 2 or three times then put everything back together. Then fill tank and let sit for 10-15 min. Does that sound right?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You might have coil eating juice. Your coils could just be a bad batch but smok coil are kind of notorious for not being long lasting especially some tanks and coils, and unfortunately bad coils do slip through, and etc. You could try other coils than Smok coils in that particular tank there are many to choose from.

Sometimes loosening up the cotton in some of the coils which may be partly clogged and hence, not wicking well and efficiently in a particular batch or type of smok coil has been useful and etc.

Honestly if you like this tank but can't make any of the coils for it work and you don't like them and they aren't working and you've tried all you can, well try any of the myriad non proprietary coils in it and continue to use the tank, no point continuing down a dead end road when you have like, options and etc.

Anna

• Agree
Reactions: Colombia

sdennislee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2012
Alaska
what wattage were you using with the new strip coil? what was the resistance of the new coil? who is the manufacturer of the new coil? what was the wicking material in the new coil, cotton, ceramics, rayon etc... ? Airflow open closed half open? I see you always prime new coils, what wattage did you start at after priming, what wattage did it burn at?

• Useful

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
There is 1 thing a lot don't realize especially high power, low ohm vaping is you have a cold coil that takes a moment too ramp up to temp to vaporize. Its that 2nd vape thats the killer now, the coil is already warm so it now takes a millisecond(no ramp up time) and you have a red hot coil for every chain vape thereafter. Not adjusting the strength of your pull to have passing airflow to cool the now red hot coil...it burns the coil. It just gets worse the more chain vapes you take. Learn to take a second or two unpowered after the vape pull to help cool the coil down. Lower gauge wire or multiwire builds take longer to cool down enough not to burn on the next vape. Take a couple primer puffs to get juice flowing before a vape helps also. Once you overheat a coil, you've burnt the wicking causing those fibers not to pull juice anymore it becomes a snowball effect of plugging fibers until the coil is toasted from no juice flow.
Breakin time for coils is crucial...1/2-3/4 power for a tank or two to settle the coils in before going after full power vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread